CIA

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

National Clandestine Service Summer Interview

National Clandestine Service Summer

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at CIA.

Interview Details As expected, the process was long and vague. The interviews were conducted by a HR rep not connected to the NCS. The interview was very probing and it felt as if its goal was to put you out of your comfort zone.

Interview Question – How does your proudest accomplishment negatively affect your personality and lifestyle?   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at CIA.

Interview Details I applied online and luckily got picked up. They flew me out from CA for a 2 day interview process to include a formal interview, and other screening procedures. I don't recall if I got a conditional offer of employment prior to the screening, or if that's why I was sent to the DC area. But I do remember it took me 18 months after my interview to finally get my official offer and start date. Expect additional interviews during your background investigation. Also, if you know foreign nationals, your security clearance may take a long while.

Interview Question – I don't recall. It was one tense 2 hour in person interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They offered at a certain GS (General Salary) level.

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CIA in February 2014.

Interview Details After meeting with the recruiter at a career fair, the next day I got an interview. The interview was easy and fun as long as you remained honest (and signed a do express detail clause). After the interview, I applied online for the position and was contacted to complete some tests. The problem with that is the test kept breaking (I could not get a prompt to come up-which was very frustrating) They sent a conditional offer and asked me to come up to DC for a week to do another interview session and testing. SInce I said no, I did not go past that point.

Interview Question – What is your most difficult situation in a team   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – I did not want to wait a year to start work.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at CIA

Interview Details On-campus recruiters came to my school; I submitted my resume and was asked to come the next day for an on-campus interview for a science/technology analyst. The 2 female interviewers were nice, but asked challenging questions. Maybe 2 weeks later, I was emailed to take online tests -- a personality one and a timed IQ-type test. I thought that I did well enough on the IQ test, but probably didn't pass the personality test (I have anxiety issues that it asked about). I got a rejection letter in the mail a few weeks later.

Interview Question – What is a science/technology issue currently facing the US, and what would you do to address it?   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at CIA.

Interview Details I attended a campus recruiting session and earned a campus interview for the next day. Heard back 2 months later with a call and a COE.

Interview Question – 5 or 6 standard behavioral questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CIA.

Interview Details Purely behavioral with no technical questions, they just asked stuff about challenges I had faced, how I usually worked with other people.

Notable is that after interviewing you, they need security clearance on you, which would take a long time to complete, which meant you would technically be interviewing for the following summer, because you would not have the clearance in time. I opted not to subject myself to the security clearance

Interview Question – Biggest Challenge Faced   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at CIA.

Interview Details after you fill out online application, you receive a survey/personality assessment, then interviews, and background check.

Interview Question – they don't tell you the test is actually timed.   View Answer

Technical Intelligence Officer Interview

Technical Intelligence Officer

Interviewed at CIA

Interview Details Took 9 months between resume submittal and interview.

Interview Question – Very standard interview quesitons   Answer Question

Core Collector Interview

Core Collector

Interviewed at CIA

Interview Details Standard phone interview followed up by many more steps. A lot of this can not be disclosed due to the security of this job. It is extremely bureaucratic (it is the government after all) and if you are in search of a "quick fill" position this is not it. The average time is 12-18 months for the whole hiring process.

Interview Question – Pretty much standard behavioral interview questions. Be prepared to do a lot of research and be fully investing in this one position.   Answer Question

Interviewed at CIA

Interview Details Applied online. Got an email telling me to complete an online aptitude test. After that I got another email stating that I will be interviewing in Washington DC. Interview was mostly standard behavior engineering team questions. Stuff about how you would handle working in groups, questions about bad team mates and such.

Interview Question – Describe in exact detail a time when constructive criticism was helpful.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CIA

Worked for CIA? Contribute to the Community!