CVS Caremark Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
759 interviews

2.2

Creative Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Northbrook, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2014.

I was pretty excited about this opportunity, even though the online JD was a bit vague. From what I read, I honestly thought I could be a good match for this position. There were a few items they were looking for in candidates where I knew I did not have experience, but I thought I was a really good fit for many of the other expectations. I was contacted via email by corporate HR within about a week of applying. Had a 1/2 hour interview with HR which went smoothly. They could not provide much detail about the position but noted that there would be about 10% travel to Rhode Island required which surprised me, but I was okay with it. I was contacted a few days later via email to schedule an in person interview with two team members. Upon the start of the interview it became very clear that the position posted and the actual role were totally different. I went into this interview believing I had applied for a position that managed a team (a working manager) and it turned out to not be true at all. And 50% of the creative work was PPT which was not once mentioned in the online JD or during the HR interview. Also, no travel needed. All very bizarre. Also, the first person interviewing me had received incorrect information about me from HR and clearly had not reviewed my resume prior to seeing me. The second person who interviewed me immediately asked me questions about where I lived. Clearly a HUGE HR no-no. I know that I did not interview that well for the position because I think I was really off my game after being side-swiped by all the miscommunications and misdirection. I also got a really bad vibe from the whole experience. I'm not sad that I didn't get the job.

Pharmacy Tech Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2014.

I went in my local CVS, requested information as to how to apply, and was directed to CVS/pharmacy's website. You have to do a bit of work to find a specific position opening in a specific store, but once you do, you've already proven that you're willing to do some work in order to be employed with them. The application is very lengthy and elaborate. Take your time and do it right, they don't want canned answers or people who are too lazy to go through the effort of a solid application. If you won't work hard for the application, why should they expect different work ethic? I harassed the store's manager and pharmacy manager in person and via phone 2 or 3 times over the next week to show determination and that I was serious about the position. I got a phone call from the pharmacy manager about a week after I initially applied asking me to come in for an interview the following day. I was so thrilled! I studied up on everything that went into working for CVS Caremark that you could find online--it's important to show specific knowledge of what you'll be doing or else you risk looking like a job hopper. The more dedicated you look, the better. The interview was great, professional but at the same time, it seemed she already knew she wanted to hire me so she relaxed after the first 5 minutes and started explaining to me what all I would need to have before I could accept the position should they choose to move forward with me. At the end of the interview she stated that she had a few other she would be interviewing throughout the week and that she would let me know in three or four days. I was confident about getting the job so I relaxed, let the time pass, and kept my phone near by. Like she said, 3 days later, she called me and stated that she was originally going to hire 2 or 3 others and decided after the 4 interviews that she conducted that I was the only one at the time she cared to offer the position to, so I accepted, of course! I was so excited! She explained that before we could go any further I needed to obtain my pharmacy technician certification. It took about 2 weeks after I sent in the application and fees and all necessary pieces of information, but once I got it, the store's manager began emailing me compliance information and the documents necessary for them to hire me and conduct the background check and drug test. Which, of course, I passed--Don't think you'll be hire to work around prescription medication if you can't pass a drug test.. So they gave my my New Colleague Orientation date, an 8 hour class, and provided me with my lab coat and name tag. Training takes at least 3 months, as it is extensive, but I started at $9.00/hour during training which is in class, online, and on-the-job, so that no matter what kind of learner you are, kenisthetic, visual, or auditory, you get the information down pat. After training, my pay went up to $9.50 immediately. After you've been in the pharmacy for 6 months you can pursue being nationally certified which comes with a pay raise that I am not sure of, but if you are successful in receiving that, you can pursue being state certified which, depending on the state, may be another pay raise. This job is a serious job, with great pay opportunities with due time, and it gives you a great sense of responsibility and importance when you're helping people every single time you have a shift. If you're even considering the option of joining CVS Caremark's employment, stop considering it and DO IT! You won't regret it :)

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an irate or unruly customer? (Not very difficult, but be honest, it matters.)   View Answer
    Unless you're a pharmacist, they will not likely spend any time trying to negotiate with you. They're providing you the training and tools you need, with no fee, to do the work you applied for. You're starting from the bottom, on their terms, asking for a greater pay-rate, unless you already have extensive experience, is not going to play out well once they've stated their starting pay. Again, those with experience or pharmacists who have already done the schooling are the only ones they'll even consider battling over a hire pay rate for.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

The interview questions were professional and the entire process was impressive. I didn't get the job but it was a great learning experience for future interviews. From application to interview took about 3 weeks. Behavioral based interview questions and a summary of my experiences was the format. The individual that scheduled the interview was through and included all the information I needed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to push back on a fellow employee's request.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2010.

Filled out forms and a questionnaire (to determine personality type). Store manager then pulled up the job application and questionnaire results. Manager looked mostly for previous retail experience and for any red flags brought up by the questionnaire. If everything looked acceptable, the candidate is sent to another store for training / orientation while drug test results were processed.

Interview Questions
    • What is the greatest impact this company has had on your life? (besides possible employment)   Answer Question

Cashier Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2014.

I had applied months earlier, and completely forgot about it. Received a call from the store manager asking me if I was still interested and if I wanted to come in for an interview. Showed up to the interview, manager was a little late (wasn't even there) but that was okay. I was asked questions like:

What do you know about CVS?
    What is your schedule like?
    Describe a time your manager reprimanded you?
    What would your previous manager say about you?
    Etc..

Interview went pretty well (I think I personally could have done a lot better,) however I got the job. It was offered towards the end of the interview.
    From there I was sent an e-mail containing the agreements we settled on (pay, scheduling, etc.)
    Had to fill out an online form to either accept or decline the offer. Got another e-mail to fill out tax forms (not sure why they do this online). Never received e-mail about a drug test (I was then told it wasn't required, to my surprise). Then I picked up my papers/forms and started training the next few days.

Overall process was very simple, if applying for the position you should have nothing to worry about.

Also, I had experience in retail, however the manager wasn't interested in that. She just wanted someone with great customer skills.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't okay with the pay they were going to start me at, I spoke up and it was changed to my minimum desired amount which was a great surprise!

Pharmacist Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2010.

College recruitment. Very easy process. 1 interview over the phone. Prepare and you would do great . Focus on strengths and have a question handy to ask. Research the company and be relaxed

Cvs

Certified Pharmacy Tech Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

The interview was easy and simple. I got a call to come in for an interview. When I went it, the pharmacist wasn't there so the lead pharmacy tech interviewed me. She just asked me basic questions such as, tell me about your previous work experience, pharmacy experience, and few easy questions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mostly regarding my past work experience.   Answer Question
    They just sent me an email with all the information on it, so I accepted the offer by clicking on the link they provided and gave them my information.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in July 2014.

I filled out all online applicacations for various stores that hire and train. I was most impressed with the CVS Application process because it suggested to me excellent training. It also accurately assessed my fitness for the job.

Interview Questions
    • My manager interviewed me and only asked 1 question. She asked me to tell her something about myself   View Answer
    no negotiation

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I came in after school and sat down with the assistant manager. They asked me a few questions about myself and what I thought about the company as whole. The job was explained to me and they tell you what kind of benefits and hours I should expect to work. I was already assured the position before I got there so this was merely a formality.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

After having my interview we agreed on my starting pay due to my lack of experience and education in the pharmacy field. Only disadvantage was some technicians had different starting pay rates with same experience.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!