CVS Caremark

Getting the Interview

620 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmacy Technician CPhT Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details Good interview loved the Pharmacist in Charge.

Interview Question – None he was up front with me and honest.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Woonsocket, RI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details I was contacted by an HR rep who conducted a phone screen. Shocking, I was brought in for a full day interview after just the HR phone screen. Full day consisted of an HR interview, 2 case interviews (although one of them, admittedly, did not really focus on the case), 2 fit interviews with director and a lunch with somebody at my level. All of it pretty much went as would be expected. The strangest part was that there wasn't a room reserved for me, so for two of my interviews we walked down to the cafeteria and sat at tables there.

Interview Question – The case did not focus on healthcare. Given that I was applying for a healthcare position and coming from a healthcare background, I was a little caught of guard to be given a manufacturing-focused case.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Company was open to negotiating salary, but not other benefits

Staff Pharmacist Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details I was in the intern program....so there really wasn't a true interview.

Interview Question – Managing 10 different pts at once...who come first.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No i did not negotiate.

District Manager Interview

Detroit, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CVS Caremark in February 2010.

Interview Details Pre-interview is based on psychometric testing, subsequent interviews behavioral based.

Interview Question – Questions follow competencies determined to eschew how company defines leadership.   Answer Question

Clerk/Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in April 2014.

Interview Details Had one interview with the store manager and got an email back 3 days later with a job offer.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Scarsdale, NY (US)

Interviewed at CVS Caremark

Interview Details First I applied online. I received a notice inviting me for an interview. When i got to the address I found several candidates waiting to be interviewed *(upwards of 20) and they just kept arriving. There were several district managers and you had to go from room to room being introduces to the CVS culture and different aspects of the job. We were spoken to as a group, interviewed individually and then verbally "tested" as a group again. It took a long while and by the end I have no idea what i was saying anymore. I got through to the next stage which was a live test on the store on the same day at a busy check-out counter!

Interview Question – Not so much the questions but the live role playing that was thrown at you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not very flexible. I suspect they have set caps dependent on experience and area.

Store Manager Interview

North Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2010.

Interview Details Was actually brought on board thanks in large part to a "referral" I received from a friend who already worked for the company. I had 1 phone interview and 1 "in person" interview.

Negotiation Details – Gave a salary range. They split the difference and I accepted their offer

CVS Store Manager Interview

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2014.

Interview Details I received an email requesting a phone interview with a link to self-schedule it. I did so for 7pm. On the interview date and time, I felt prepared. At 7:05, my phone rang, and interviewing me was a woman who seemed very disconnected with the job itself. She asked me to verify a few details to prove who I was, and also to verify where I'm currently working, in a very robotic manner.
Then she proceeded to tell me the job was NOT for the store manager position which I had applied. They DO NOT hire store managers from outside the company.
You may start as an assistant manager or below, and in two years or so work your way up to store manager if they see you fit. It was also explained to me that the first 12 weeks of employment were set aside as training.
While I do not mind the training aspect of this, I don't understand how it's not fraud to bait and switch the job in this unexpected manner. I live and do business with integrity, and this did not sit right with me.

Interview Question – Are you ok with the position not actually being for a store manager, but for an assistant manager for about two years until we can see how you work?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Because if I can't trust the upper management of the company from day one, I can't work here.

IT Analyst Interview

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2010.

Interview Details Phone interviewed and was hired

Consultant Marketing Interview

Woonsocket, RI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in February 2013.

Interview Details Met with the Director of Marketing Department in Career Fair in School, presented him my resume and talked with him about my background. Send a follow-up email after the Career Fair, and was invited to have a on-site interview with the Marketing manager, then, was hired as a consultant about 1 to 2 months later due to school conflicts.

Interview Question – Can you describe any marketing campaign that you have done?
What do you see yourself in 5 years?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask them what salary they usually provide to employers with the similar background as you?

Interviews for Top Jobs at CVS Caremark

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!

CVS Caremark – Why Work for Us?

Our Company CVS Caremark is a pharmacy innovation company that is reinventing pharmacy for better health. We are continuously developing new ways to improve access for patients, promote better health outcomes and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CVS Caremark interview questions and advice. All 620 interview reviews are posted anonymously by CVS Caremark employees and interview candidates.