CVS Caremark

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

San Fernando, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2010.

Interview Details I was a friend of a co-worker so it was very easy,it's who you know not your experience

Interview Question – if hired will you still act professional with current co-worker   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very easy because I know an employee and just needed a job

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Woodland Hills, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2013.

Interview Details Nowadays, many companies ask potential candidates to submit resume online. This process is like tossing a rock into a quicksand, and then straining and waiting patiently hoping to hear a splash. As a pharmacist, once you submitted/completed your application online, get some contact information (emails, phone numbers, etc.) to follow-up. This beats playing the waiting game and reduces the chance that your online application was lost in the shuffle.

Interview Question – How do you address the issue of understaffing when the pharmacy is already understaffed and your current pharmacy staff repeatedly make the same, careless mistakes and expressed no desire to improve?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Orange, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details Approximately 2 interviews. Must complete online personality type of test and pass in order to get 1st interview.

Interview Question – Different scenarios of how you would react to a customer.   Answer Question

Orange, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details I interviewed with HR and then two interviews with several district managers.

Interview Question – What would you do if an employee told you they saw someone else stealing?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in September 2010.

Interview Details Apply online. Get an initial phone call which is brief. Set up time for interview. Sometimes there is only one with the field manager. There is a second interview, although only in rare instances.

Interview Question – Do you think you are a leader? Follow up question, why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fairly straightforward. Accepted the offer that was decent.

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in October 2010.

Interview Details DM will interview and half the stuff they say about promotions etc are lies.

Interview Question – How do you compare Walgreens to CVS?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Laguna Niguel, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in August 2009.

Interview Details Started as cashier. This company like to promote from with based on performance.
Dress professionally. Drug tested. ESTEEM qualification required.

Questions are what you would typically expect. Past job history, work ethic, conduct, etc.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Reseda, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2012.

Interview Details Applied for Position of Store Manager online. Took assessment. Called and did phone interview.
They e-mailed and said qualifications looked good and they would pass it along to District Manager.
That was in December of 2011 and was for the store in Reseda-Studio City, Ca.
Finally was called again in March of 2012 and they asked if I would work as a "key holder" for $8.00 an hr.
I couldn't believe it! 25 yrs. experience as a Store Manager/District Manager in Big Box Retail. I clearly
stated salary range would be 40-5-k. Next day, they sent an email that they were looking at other candidates after I asked them "are you kidding me"? My salary range is 50-55k and have always earned bonuses for performance for exceeding company quotas.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Offered $8. hr. for a "key holder" position after which I applied for a Store Manager position which is what
my positions have been. In addition, they wanted me to drive an hour each way to work. I told them that
it wouldn't even pay for my gas. It was really insulting to ask me to take $8. hr after applying for Store Manager and being told I had all the qualifications necessary and everything looked good. I think that they had already filled this position (if it was ever even open). I wonder if they are even paying any Managers salaries or just hiring former Store Managers for $8. an hr. who are in desperate need of a job.

Cashier Sales Associate Interview

Cashier Sales Associate
Pico Rivera, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in April 2009.

Interview Details My interview lasted an hour. While I was very comfortable during the interview I could not shake the feeling I was being slightly talked down to and not as an equal. I was open and honest about my work history and really sold my skills and experience. There were many questions about my previous jobs and why I felt i could fullfill the position i was applying for.

Interview Question – Why do you feel you deserve this position compared to any other applicant?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. You are offered minimum wage and it's your choice if you would like to except it or not. They are not going to negotiate on that.

Retail Management Intern Interview

Manhattan Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2011.

Interview Details Here are the steps:
1) Apply online
2) Phone interview with the Recruiting Manager
3) 1:1 interview with the HR Manager
4) Group interview with the District Manager and the Store Manager
5) Background check & Drug Test
6) You're ready to work

The Recruiter, HR, DM, and Store Managers were all friendly during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Within 5 years, what will you be or what do you want to achieve?   View Answer
  • Tell us about the teacher you like the most and the one you hate the most. How did they influence your life?   View Answer
Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!

CVS Caremark – Why Work for Us?

Our Company CVS Caremark is a pharmacy innovation company that is reinventing pharmacy for better health. We are continuously developing new ways to improve access for patients, promote better health outcomes and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CVS Caremark interview questions and advice in Los Angeles, CA. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by CVS Caremark employees and interview candidates.