CVS Caremark Store Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

46 interviews

2.5

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

Two interviews . The first was a phone interview with a company cvs contracted to do their pre screening. The final interview was with a district manager. However the process has changed since 2012.

Interview Questions
  • Everything was pretty standard. If you know your numbers from your current position and have done some research on cvs prior to the interview you should be ok.   Answer Question
I was able to negotiate a salary 1500 dollars higher than my salary at my current employer at the time of the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Caremark

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2014.

My position is for a Store Manager-- there is a one year training period for me (I will be considered an "Store Manager Trainee" aka Assistant Manager for around 1 year until I am promoted to Store Manager)

1. Applied online... I suggest a greatly written cover letter! You also have to take a virtual job try-out.
    2. 1 week later: Received a call to schedule a phone interview as well as a interview with a random Store Manager (I scheduled these two for the same day). My in-person interview was similar to the phone interview:
           a. "Tell me about a time...." sort of questions, nothing too difficult but give solid examples
           b. Show a personality... even if your interviewer doesn't smile at all.
           c. Emphasize leadership and customer service (I've held leadership roles so it was easy)
           d. Ask questions! (especially for in-person)
           e. Phone interview: She ended the interview with "what else would you like to tell me about yourself" so be ready to sell yourself!
    3. 1 week later: Received an e-mail to meet with District Manager
           a. Situational questions, give examples, talk about your qualifications and how you'd fit the role
           b. Be prepared to discuss negotiation (give a range... know what is the average in your area)
    4. Few days later: District Manager called with an offer. An email will be sent asking you to accept or decline offer.

Once you Accept: Paperwork (all on-line) took about 3 weeks to process (background check, I-9, etc.). I disliked the slow process! You will also schedule your Drug Test a few hours after you click Accept, and you have about 2 weeks to take it once you choose a location for the drug test.

Once all your paperwork is cleared (mine took 3 weeks and they say it takes 3 days - 3 weeks), you go to an orientation class 9am-5pm before you can start.

Overall, I wish the process was quicker because I was available to start immediately and I had a clean record. This took 2 months from the day I applied to the day I can officially start! Be patient. Follow-up.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Why do you want to work for CVS?   View Answer
    • 2. Tell me about a time you addressed an issue to your co-workers   View Answer
    • 3. Tell me about a time you improved something   View Answer
    I gave a range ($45,000-$55,000).

I'm recent 2014 graduate with no retail experience but I sold them on my leadership and customer service skills. I was able to get a salary higher than the average...

I am told my salary will increase based on performance.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2014.

First off it was an assessment that analyzes the P & L and coaching. I completed that and about a week later I got a email to set up a phone interview. I have gmail and the problem is all their emails for some reason went to my junk/spam. So you should really check your junk/spam with CVS. That interview lasted about only 10 minutes which I thought was strange but it's just a screening call. I was then contacted a week later to set up an interview with the District Manager along side of a season Store Manager. That went well and he told me it would take a week to know something. Guess he really liked me he called me the following day to offer me the job!

Interview Questions
    Wasn't any I had already set my number and it was made. Plus he told me I'll get an extra 8% when I get out of training.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interviewed with the District Manager one-on-one. We discussed my past work experience to a great extent. I was able to ask many questions about their work environment, store structure, expectations, payroll , etc. Their is a good amount of turnover in this position - if you have experience you need to emphasize it.

Interview Questions
    Get as much $$ as you can upfront front because once your in it much more difficult.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Two managers a district manager and regional HR manager meet with you and ask basic interview questions.

Dm called made offer but offer came via internet and that was different than implied. company pays store manager salaries based on 45 hours per week. so your hourly rate will be calculated on this 45 hours not the usual 40. in other words if they offer you a salary of 60 your actual hourly wage will be significantly lower. so technically you make around 25 dollars an hour.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2014.

The interview process goes through a number of steps, starting with submitting your application online. The next step would be an email with a link for a virtual job tryout which is a simulation of what is required to be successful in this job. This would be followed with a telephone interview and if successful, would be followed with an interview with the district manager or HR manager or both.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question would be there situational based question that ask you how your responded to past situation in the workplace.   Answer Question
    Like most employers, negotiating is limited. The most important thing to know is to know what the job pay in your industry and your city.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rockville, MD (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in April 2014.

The process seem to be very lengthy and with no structure. if you don't follow up they will lose your application and never contact you, but will continue to advertise for open positions with no clear time frame while you wait.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2010.

Was actually brought on board thanks in large part to a "referral" I received from a friend who already worked for the company. I had 1 phone interview and 1 "in person" interview.

Gave a salary range. They split the difference and I accepted their offer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

I interviewed with HR and then two interviews with several district managers.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if an employee told you they saw someone else stealing?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Erie, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA (US)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in November 2013.

I started by doing online application and then doing a assessment test which is the standard personality profile. I had a face to face interview with two store managers and the questions were normal interview questions. The most unexpected part of the interview was that one manager seemed to be good cop while other was bad cop...where the one would say that the company is great, your personal life is respected, the other would say you work all the time usually just the manager and one employee and you work until your job is done even if it takes 16 hours. Really....these managers even took jabs at each other during the interview saying that one has no life outside of CVS anyways while the other said that's why you never get a bonus. The interview seemed to be more about the way these two were completely opposite then about me as the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were overly difficult or unexpected...   Answer Question

Based on the two store managers contradicting each other about the hours, pay, bonus and benefits, I felt that the company was in dysfunction, the hours would be lengthy 55 - 60 and the starting training pay would make you the most underpaid per hour worker in the store.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!