Cadence Design Systems

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Chelmsford, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2012.

Interview Details 1 Telephonic round. Questions mainly on resume. Related to spice simulation and virtuoso software. Some basic skills and about the project i was working on.
Interview depends on type of position. For intern position, it is not hard and mostly single telephonic round. Know your resume very well. Cheers!!

Interview Question – it was easy as they had an immediate requirement.   Answer Question

Technical Intern Interview

Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in January 2013.

Interview Details written test -digital electronics ,very tough aptitude test,fsm ,state machines ,counters,flip flops ,analog to digital converter,bjt,mosfet
static timing analysis,set up time ,hold time ,minimum frequency calculations ,cmos ,pmos ,nmos ,C,C++,perl,shell scripting,mostly questions were on digital electronics ,logic families,

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview Details was never formally interviewed by Cadence. The manager hired me used to work in the same company in my previous job. So we know each other very well. Also, being educated as an electrical engineer, I was very familiar with Cadence's product and line of business. So I took the opportunity to join and moved on to negotiation of salary.

Interview Question – Op amp questions.   Answer Question

Senior Product Validation Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview Details Interview process was okay. Was interviewed by 5 people and it was through video conferencing. Main questions were related to system verilog.

Interview Question – It was okay.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Member of Consulting Staff Interview

Senior Member of Consulting Staff
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview Details I was never formally interviewed by Cadence. The manager hired me used to work in the same company in my previous job. So we know each other very well. Also, being educated as an electrical engineer, I was very familiar with Cadence's product and line of business. So I took the opportunity to join and moved on to negotiation of salary.

Negotiation Details – Cadence internal recruiter contacted me by phone to negotiate about salary, I was able to negotiate up by about 1% of the original offer. I'm please with the process. My advice to anyone get into this phase is that: Don't be shy, ask what you want.

Senior Member of Consulting Staff Interview

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2010.

Interview Details Asked a lot of domain knowledge.

Interview Question – Questions are not hard.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in August 2010.

Interview Details I was called for an interview. Where I was asked to solve a written test containing software,hardware and aptitude questions. It was a 90 minutes test. As I couldn't clear the test, I don't know any further about the process.

Interview Question – Few technical questions regarding hardware was very difficult.. and the Aptitude test was very tricky...   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Senior Member of Technical Staff
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in August 2011.

Interview Details A position on timing analysis.
Three phone interviews. On-site interview after three phone interviews. Eight on-site interviewers.
Asked questions on fundamental circuit theories (~30%) and coding/complexity analysis (~70%).

Interview Question – A question on convergence theory.
A question regarding root-finding algorithm (secant method etc).
  Answer Question

SMTS Interview

SMTS
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in January 2009.

Interview Details * serial interviews with management and engineers

Interview Question – * Tell about a time when you didn't get along well with a coworker?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was smooth. They upped the offer to beat another offer I had.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in July 2010.

Interview Details 3-4 Rounds of interview . In Product Validation interview they can ask ranging from timing , designing of simple designs in verilog/VHDL , perl for automation , simple CMOS basics ,

Interview Question – Some puzzles   Answer Question