Cadence Design Systems

Updated 22 Jan 2015

3.1

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in November 2013.

There were three rounds-one aptitude test rounds, one technical interview and one HR interview.
    The aptitude test required the students to solve questions on electronics and circuit theory. The questions were not MCQs. A sheet was provided where the students had to write down the answers. Rough sheets were provided which had to be attached with the answer script. The questions were on op-amps, signals and systems, MOSFETs and circuit theory. There were questions on A/D converters and DSP as well(hardly 2 or 3). The duration was 2 hours. 10students were shortlisted.
    The interview round lasted for more than 2 hours(for people who were not selected, it lasted for shorter periods of time). The questions were based on questions asked in the aptitude test albeit, more difficult and required a greater clarity in concepts about feedback, Laplace transforms, RC circuits and Fourier transform. But the interviewer was helpful and was giving hints when I got stuck and was able to solve them.
    The HR round was more on why I wanted this job etc.

Interview Questions
    • It was a question on response of op-amp to a particular type of input. I don't remember exactly   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in October 2013.

it was a 3 step process. first there was an aptitude cum technical question paper and they short list some students and then there was technical interview then HR interview an d you cannot pass the 2nd step without core knowledge in the subject

Software Engineering Intern Interview

very relaxed conversation with manager. no stress really.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in September 2013.

there was a simple technical written test followed by tech and hr interview panel.people were very good.they are looking for people who are interested in designing. be confident about what u write in your resume.they ask about your projects .

Member of Technical Staff Interview

HR found the resume from monster can emailed me the job information. scheduled an interview with the manager. Then an easy on-site interview. the whole process is smooth. They really need to fill the position.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in July 2013.

Interview was very detail oriented about C++ & OOP programming knowledge, 6 hours of interviews, 2 interviewers at a time for 1 hour a piece. Lots of writing code on whiteboards and answering obscure trivia about languages. They were also very interested in past work I had done working with the OpenAccess Database and the SKILL language.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was: "You and I are playing russian roulette and I load two bullets into a 6 chambered revolver in adjacent chambers. I go first, and nothing happens. Now you can either pull the trigger as is, or spin the chambers for a 'random' chance. What do you do and why?"   View Answer
    Negotiations were simple, they gave me a first offer, I countered and they submitted to all requirements except vacation. They would not budge on vacation, but increased the offer 8% and double the relocation package.

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Automation Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in June 2013.

Applied online. Got a call from the recruiter. Next was scheduled for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by 3 people.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly on my previous experience and skillset. nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior Product Validation Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview process was okay. Was interviewed by 5 people and it was through video conferencing. Main questions were related to system verilog.

Senior Member of Consulting Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

I was never formally interviewed by Cadence. The manager hired me used to work in the same company in my previous job. So we know each other very well. Also, being educated as an electrical engineer, I was very familiar with Cadence's product and line of business. So I took the opportunity to join and moved on to negotiation of salary.

Cadence internal recruiter contacted me by phone to negotiate about salary, I was able to negotiate up by about 1% of the original offer. I'm please with the process. My advice to anyone get into this phase is that: Don't be shy, ask what you want.