Cambridge Associates, LLC

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct 2014
Updated 22 Oct 2014

Junior Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2014.

First round interview - I answered questions as prompted, however I feel that what made my application weak was lack of a strong financial background and the fact that my call dropped three times mid-interview. Make sure you have good cell service!

Interviewer was very friendly.

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2014.

I applied online and got an email from the HR for a phone interview a few days later. Interviewer was very nice and basically got me to run through my resume i.e. Talk about internships and school activities. I was told that there will be a follow up for next steps.

Portfolio Report Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2014.

This is the firs round phone interview. The questions were all pretty straight forward. Asked why this position but not the other one. Why Singapore. Where do you see you in 5 years.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Very easy-going, they always make you feel comfortable and frame the interviews like normal conversations. Low stress, but definitely require a decent amount of technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Should so-and-so portfolio expand into emerging markets given such-and-such circumstances? If so, to what degree? What investments should be removed?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Phone interview and superday with behavioral interview that included a case.

Interview Questions
    • How would you invest $20,000?
      What would you do if you were given 5 hours to do a 10 hour project?
        View Answer

MIG Interview

Phone interview then 2 rounds at Cambridge Associates MIG office.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses that will make me not hire you   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Three rounds to the whole process. First round was initial phone screening with HR; second round was a thirty minute phone call with two research associates with emphasis on fit a well as broad financial knowledge; third and final round was a "super day" type interview at their Boston office where I interviewed with 6 different people. Needed to prepare a case study for the final round that was pretty technical.

Interview Questions
    • Case study for final round. Needed to really know your stuff as far as financial and business analysis and   Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Multiple rounds, focus on behavior

Operations Associate Interview

Single on-campus interview, with single interviewer (manager). The interviewer came across as intentionally abrasive. There were no case studies or technical questions, just general background and interest questions. The interviewer could not readily explain the position for which they were interviewing candidates. Follow-ups to the interview were sophomoric and opaque.

Junior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

A day after I submitted my resume, I received an email scheduling a phone screen. My phone screen was only about 10 minutes long--she asked me to describe my educational and professional background, why I would choose Cambridge Associates, and to describe my greatest professional weakness. I am scheduled to have a follow-up interview next week.