Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
Updated Aug 25, 2014
151 interviews

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

I went through phone screening, then 2 rounds of interview. It was pretty straightforward. No brain-teasing questions. However, they did try to test my behavioral reaction in certain occasions.

Interview Questions
    • It was so long ago. There really were no unexpected question.   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in December 2010.

1. 30min phone interview to ascertain your interest in investment consulting and Cambridge Associates
    2. In-office interviews comprising of a case study, and interviews with members of the consulting associate team
    3. In-office interviews with other members of consulting associate team and investment consultant
    4. In-office interviews with one or two investment consultants

Interview Questions
    • How does the optimal number of managers differ for different types of asset classes and what does it depend on?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable.

Consulting Associate Interview

First had an on campus interview at my university and then an on site interview with the firm. Whole process took about 2.5 weeks from the first interview to hearing back after the second round. The on site interview consisted of 2 30 min and 2 45 min interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, had to talk through a few cases, but that was about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

1. Thirty minute phone interview with relatively basic questions about my background and desire to work with the company.
    2. Flew out for an interview that consisted of a 30 minute presentation and three separate 30 minute interviews. The first interviewer quizzed me on the history of the company and their clients, and he also me the names of the two women who gave me the presentation to throw me off a little. The rest of the interview was pretty standard, as he tried to gather info about my background and if I would be a good fit for the role. The remaining two interviews were much the same, and the process got easier and more comfortable with each passing round.
    3. I felt the interviews went well, and I was told that I would receive a decision on another round of interviews within one week. After nearly two weeks, I emailed the recruiter and she failed to answer a series of emails until nearly a month later. The reason she gave for me not advancing didn't seem very valid.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2013.

I applied online through their careers website and got an email asking for a phone interview about 2 weeks later. I was scheduled to interview with a Senior Recruiter but she was going to be out the week I was suppose to interview, so she sent the Assistant Director of Recruiting to do the interview.

The interview was literally less than 10 minutes and the woman didn't seem at all interested in getting to know me. She seemed like she wasn't prepared with enough questions. She literally asked me about 2 of the jobs on my resume and if I was able to work without sponsorship. No behavioral questions at all. She asked me how I found the position and that was probably the hardest question she asked me... She didn't describe the position to me or give an introduction about the company. At the end, she asked me if I had any questions for her and I was so confused because it seemed like such a short interview that I only asked her 2 questions, thinking that she would go into further detail about the position and ask me more questions.

I thought that such an established firm would have a more organized interviewing system. This woman didn't seem to prepare to ask me anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't call me back.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

There was a phone interview, followed by two rounds of in-office interviews. Lastly, a final phone interview with the director of the Investment Performance group. The process was slightly disorganized, but overall moved relatively quickly once it got started.

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlottesville, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

I applied via my University's career services. About a week later, CA reached out to me saying they'd like to interview me on Grounds. The first round interview is relatively short at 30 minutes and not very technical. They asked the typical behavioral questions such as why do you want to go into financial consulting, why CA specifically, and they asked a basic portfolio theory question at the end.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was why CA. The why financial consulting was easy bc it's a job between i-banking and strategy consulting and provides a good balance, but I'm not even aware of competing financial consulting firms.   View Answer

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in August 2009.

This was a standard interview with some exercises to test basic investment knowledge. The interview is composed of 5 meetings with current CA team.

Data Specialist Interview

Phone HR conversation. Trip to DC for two half hour interviews

Interview Questions
    • Tons of grade yourself on a scale of 1-10, something you are not above 7 on   Answer Question

Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Phone Interview : Questions about activities you done shown on your resume, strengths and weaknesses. Basic questions..