Cambridge Associates, LLC

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in August 2014.

Interview Details The phone interview was very straightforward and basic - the recruiter asked me to go through my resume and asked the unavoidable "tell me about yourself" question. The goal here was to be able to relate each experience on your resume back to the responsibilities of the Junior Associate position.

I was invited back to the 2nd round, which was the Open House. There was an hour-long presentation on the company and how the MIG fit into the company. Pay attention during the presentation to learn more about the company and the position. After the presentation, there were three 30 minute, back to back, interviews with managers/assistant managers of various teams. It's important to ask for water between interviews, especially because it's easy to strain your throat when talking to so many people. Finally, there was a quick wrap up session.

Within a day or two, I received a call saying that I was invited back to the final round, where I had a transparency session and went through a demo of what I would be doing if I got the position. After the transparency session, I went through a 30 min interview with another manager I hadn't met previously, followed by a more informal round-table with 2 current associates, a writing test, and 2 more interviews: 45 min with the director of the teams/my team manager, and 30 min with the assistant manager/who would be my direct supervisor.

Unfortunately, I was told that while they appreciated my experience and positive attitude, they were looking to "go in another direction". I received the call in 1 business day, though I was told the decision would take 1-2 business days.

Interview Question – What do you think is the most uninteresting part of the job and how will you handle that?   Answer Question

Junior Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2014.

Interview Details First round interview - I answered questions as prompted, however I feel that what made my application weak was lack of a strong financial background and the fact that my call dropped three times mid-interview. Make sure you have good cell service!

Interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Question – What do you think you can improve on the most?   Answer Question

Junior Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details A day after I submitted my resume, I received an email scheduling a phone screen. My phone screen was only about 10 minutes long--she asked me to describe my educational and professional background, why I would choose Cambridge Associates, and to describe my greatest professional weakness. I am scheduled to have a follow-up interview next week.

Interview Question – Please describe your greatest professional weakness.   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in July 2013.

Interview Details Standard Phone Interview

Interview Question – Standard run me through your resume qns, strengths, motivations, what do you know about the firm etc.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Interview Details Did a phone screen which ran over the resume. Didn't hear back for two weeks and followed up to find out I hadn't been selected for another round.

Interview Question – What are your two biggest areas for improvement?   Answer Question

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2013.

Interview Details I went through a phone screening, which is very in depth, but mainly asked behavioral questions. They are trying to determined if you will be a good fit. Got called back for an open house, which lasted about 2 and half hours. Main thing to focus on is the presentation about the company. The interview will be heavy on what you've gained from the presentation.

Interview Question – What is your definition of good customer service?   Answer Question

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in January 2013.

Interview Details Applied through the LinkedIn posting.

Started off with a phone interview which was pretty basic. They asked about my resume and basically just did a walk-through of my credentials. Making sure your resume is legitimate.

I was called back by HR to come to an extensive "open-house" where me and a couple other candidates were given a more extensive overview of the company, what group we were interviewing with, and what the job entailed, historically.

After the presentations, you go through a rotation of three 30-minute interviews. It was interesting, the order is random, each candidate rotated between the same three guys, who were upper management of the group the job was with. Each guy had different personalities, almost like a weird Good Cop/Bad Cop/Neutral Cop routine. One guy was pretty straight forward, asking about my career goals, some basic situations, as well as gauging how committed to the job I would be (see Most Unexpected question). Another guy was pretty tough, seeming to be purposely not as personable, asking in-depth questions about strengths and weaknesses, as well as how I felt my previous interview went on a scale of 1-10 and why it wasn't a 10 (again, see below). The third guy was very personable, lauding my resume and providing a really good back and forth while discussing my qualifications.

I felt this three-way dynamic was probably more pre-orchestrated than anything, as a means of gauging candidates from multiple angles, and was actually pretty creative, if true.

Sadly, despite what I thought was a really positive conversation all the way around, I got a "going in another direction" email a few days later.

Interview Questions

• 1 interviewer: Would I have to worry about you leaving for another job in a couple of years after taking the time to train you? (paraphrased)   View Answer
  • 2nd Interviewer: On a scale of 1-10, how was your last interview? Why not a 10?   View Answer

Interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Interview Details I applied online and received an email to set up a phone screening the next day. The next round, which was one week later was with the hiring manager. This lasted about 30 min and we talked about my experience, education and how it would help the company.

Interview Question – The hiring manager asked me to run him through a specific investment strategy for a personal client.   Answer Question

Junior Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details Phone interview - Basic HR questions
1st meet up - HR interview + Manager interview
2nd round - Test + Manager + Director + team members interview

Interview Question – All normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details 1st round touches on standard behavioral questions. 2nd round is an open house where they introduce the company and department, followed by 3 rounds of interview with 3 managers, lastly followed by a writing sample test.

Interview Question – Name 3 weaknesses   Answer Question

Worked for Cambridge Associates, LLC? Contribute to the Community!