Cambridge Associates, LLC

Cambridge Associates, LLC Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated 19 Mar 2015

3.2

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

extensive process for the position, interviewed with 20 people over 3 separate days, one on one with managers and group interviews with peers. very behavioral and they want to make sure you dont leave the firm within a year. the overall experience was okay.

Interview Questions

• normal questions, why cambridge, strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Cambridge Associates, LLC

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2014.

Interview

Went in for a "superday" like they have at many different places in the financial world. Met with 6 or 7 people - most were very nice and asked arbitrary questions about my resume and background. I was asked to present my case interview and drilled with questions - some that I could answer and some that I was unable to. The point of this was to get me out of my comfort zone. Be prepared for this.

Interview Questions

• Plenty of very specific questions regarding parts of my case study - some that I could not have known the answers to.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Three rounds to the whole process. First round was initial phone screening with HR; second round was a thirty minute phone call with two research associates with emphasis on fit a well as broad financial knowledge; third and final round was a "super day" type interview at their Boston office where I interviewed with 6 different people. Needed to prepare a case study for the final round that was pretty technical.

Interview Questions

• Case study for final round. Needed to really know your stuff as far as financial and business analysis and   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Went in to meet with recruiter, manager, and director. All were good people and very professional. Moving from question to question. Everything is written down. Choose words carefully and think. In the end, a test is given with investment performance summaries and need to find one or two mistakes.

Interview Questions

• Very nice and professional recruiter. Allows you to engage with her via phone regarding your resume and experiences. She asks typical questions, as any phone interview really. However, some questions like "What are two of your weaknesses?" and "Name one thing you like about this job and one thing you dislike the most?"   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

I saw the job advertised online and applied on the company website. I was contacted several weeks later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview itself was only about twenty minutes long. None of the questions were out of the ordinary. The individual I spoke with was very nice and seemed interested in everything I had to say.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

An initial telephone screening was followed promptly by an interview. Interview was comprised of a presentation about the company followed by three 30-minute interviews with different department managers. Two of the three interviewers appeared completely disinterested, one displaying an arrogance that bordered on rude, while only the third showed any kind of interest in, or euthusiasm, for my application/interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had to describe yourself as an animal, what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in June 2012.

Interview

Started with 1:1 interview over the phone. Standard fit questions like why CA, strengths, weaknesses, she was clearly reading off a list of questions but she was friendly (hr person). Asked if I liked writing and if I was good at it.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2011.

Interview

Three back to back interviews. I think they try to tire you out and make you mess up by giving different answers to similar questions. They had the most random questions that didn't pertain to the job and almost seemed convoluted on purpose. After seeing the process of the interviews I no longer had interest in the company.

Interview Questions

• What time would you come into work if you work day started at 8am?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Alexandria, VA (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

Went in and interviewed with several other applicants. There was a brief presentation of the company then three half hour 1:1 interviews. Typical interview questions: why do you want to work here, what are your work ethics, what do you look for in a boss, what are your career goals, tell me about a previous experience that relates to this role, what are your strengths/weaknesses. Some of the interviewers asked situational questions, many pertaining to organizational culture.
    I thought it was a young, collegiate culture; one of the supervisors interviewing was quite arrogant, a pretty big turn off. The office was mainly cubicles with window offices on the side; section I was in was mainly empty. There was supposed to be a second round, but I never heard back for it; I moved on to another firm with a higher salary / better fit for me anyway. Pretty glad because the supervisor seemed rude.

Interview Questions

• do you really think you're qualified for this job?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Had an initial phone screening, then was brought in for first and second round interviews. All interviews consisted of going over background info. There were no tests, no chances to show what you can do, not even any brainteasers.

Almost everyone I talked to was well-prepared for the interview, friendly, easy going. Very nice office.