Cambridge Associates, LLC

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details Three rounds to the whole process. First round was initial phone screening with HR; second round was a thirty minute phone call with two research associates with emphasis on fit a well as broad financial knowledge; third and final round was a "super day" type interview at their Boston office where I interviewed with 6 different people. Needed to prepare a case study for the final round that was pretty technical.

Interview Question – Case study for final round. Needed to really know your stuff as far as financial and business analysis and   Answer Question

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in August 2013.

Interview Details Went in to meet with recruiter, manager, and director. All were good people and very professional. Moving from question to question. Everything is written down. Choose words carefully and think. In the end, a test is given with investment performance summaries and need to find one or two mistakes.

Interview Question – Very nice and professional recruiter. Allows you to engage with her via phone regarding your resume and experiences. She asks typical questions, as any phone interview really. However, some questions like "What are two of your weaknesses?" and "Name one thing you like about this job and one thing you dislike the most?"   View Answer

Research Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details I saw the job advertised online and applied on the company website. I was contacted several weeks later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview itself was only about twenty minutes long. None of the questions were out of the ordinary. The individual I spoke with was very nice and seemed interested in everything I had to say.

Interview Question – None of the questions were out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in January 2013.

Interview Details An initial telephone screening was followed promptly by an interview. Interview was comprised of a presentation about the company followed by three 30-minute interviews with different department managers. Two of the three interviewers appeared completely disinterested, one displaying an arrogance that bordered on rude, while only the third showed any kind of interest in, or euthusiasm, for my application/interview.

Interview Question – If you had to describe yourself as an animal, what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Research Associate

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in June 2012.

Interview Details Started with 1:1 interview over the phone. Standard fit questions like why CA, strengths, weaknesses, she was clearly reading off a list of questions but she was friendly (hr person). Asked if I liked writing and if I was good at it.

Interview Question – What type of writing skills do you have?   Answer Question

Alexandria, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in July 2011.

Interview Details Went in and interviewed with several other applicants. There was a brief presentation of the company then three half hour 1:1 interviews. Typical interview questions: why do you want to work here, what are your work ethics, what do you look for in a boss, what are your career goals, tell me about a previous experience that relates to this role, what are your strengths/weaknesses. Some of the interviewers asked situational questions, many pertaining to organizational culture.
I thought it was a young, collegiate culture; one of the supervisors interviewing was quite arrogant, a pretty big turn off. The office was mainly cubicles with window offices on the side; section I was in was mainly empty. There was supposed to be a second round, but I never heard back for it; I moved on to another firm with a higher salary / better fit for me anyway. Pretty glad because the supervisor seemed rude.

Interview Question – do you really think you're qualified for this job?   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2011.

Interview Details Three back to back interviews. I think they try to tire you out and make you mess up by giving different answers to similar questions. They had the most random questions that didn't pertain to the job and almost seemed convoluted on purpose. After seeing the process of the interviews I no longer had interest in the company.

Interview Question – What time would you come into work if you work day started at 8am?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in June 2011.

Interview Details Had an initial phone screening, then was brought in for first and second round interviews. All interviews consisted of going over background info. There were no tests, no chances to show what you can do, not even any brainteasers.

Almost everyone I talked to was well-prepared for the interview, friendly, easy going. Very nice office.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Arlington, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in March 2010.

Interview Details The interview went pretty smooth and fast, was like a 15-20 mins talk. basically background check and focus on previous experiences. No difficultl question asked yet, was invited to an 1:1 interview with the mgr and the interviewer said "more specific" question will be asked. It means more technical i guess :/ I wish the interviewer told me how many interview do i have to go before i get the offer :)

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Worked for Cambridge Associates, LLC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cambridge Associates, LLC Research Associate interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cambridge Associates, LLC employees and interview candidates.