Canada Post

44 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Part-Time Assistant Interview

Nerang BC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Canada Post in December 2009.

Interview Details Very slow, fast when it finally happened.

Interview Question – The good old weaknesses question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview Details Passed the GAT test. In person interview scheduled a couple of days later. 7 questions. Something about a time you wanted feedback. An angry person wondering where his mail was. Working in a team environment. How you juggled a few activities while being stressed.

Interview Question – Something about a colleague wanted to cut corners and followed procedures that were detrimental to the company   Answer Question

Letter Carrier (Relief) Interview

Medicine Hat, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Canada Post in November 2013.

Interview Details A skills test is scheduled first; this consists of a few sections including reading comprehension, memory, basic mathematics, and address matching. It's very functional in that the skills tested are the skills used while on the job.
If you pass the skills test, then a physical test is scheduled; this is also very functional in that it tests the same physical skills required for the actual job. If you are in somewhat decent shape, it shouldn't be difficult.
If you pass the physical test, then a personal interview is scheduled with management at the local depot. It was very standard, with a brief explanation of the job requirements and a few very simple questions for the applicant.

Interview Question – On the original online application, a question of how you would deal with a customer who is upset that the mail is late (due to an overload of mail that day and extended sorting time).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – "We would like to offer you the position."

Temp Postal Clerk Interview

Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Canada Post in October 2010.

Interview Details Tests based on Memory and speed of Postal Code Identification. It is better to be 100 percent correct and only be half done the test than to have 100 percent completion with 25 percent errors. Interview was standard.

Interview Question – Interview was standard with nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Union job so wage was set.

Inside Postal Worker PO4 Interview

Inside Postal Worker PO4

Interviewed at Canada Post

Interview Details online application, general ability tests and then in person interview. Interview write your answers and past to HR to review

Interview Question – can you give a example how you deal with difficult coworkers?   Answer Question

Letter Carrier (Relief)
London, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Canada Post in February 2014.

Interview Details Completed entire hiring process in one week including: Aptitude test (Sunday),Interview (Tuesday), Physical capabilities test (Wednesday), and driving test (Friday)

Interview Question – The most difficult question was in regards to a time that I experienced conflict on the job and how I reacted to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Postmaster Interview

Postmaster

Interviewed at Canada Post

Interview Details role playing based interview, points, written test.

Interview Question – How would you handle long term absences   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Postal Clerk Interview

Postal Clerk

I applied in-person and interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview Details At the time that I was hired my mother knew someone who worked at the post office. This person kept an track of when they were taking applications and called us whenever they knew this was happening. My sister and I went down and applied at the same time as about one hundred other people. Although neither of us had any other work or volunteer experience we both got called for interviews. We were both hired as casual employees. I would say that all employees start as term casuals and that is how they weed out the employees they don't want.

Interview Question – I was interviewed by two people at the same time. There were no difficult questions that I recall. Had to lift a heavy weight properly. They really screen their hires by hiring them as short term casuals before hiring them full-time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation for postal clerk other than through the union

On-Call Relief Mail Carrier Interview

Canmore, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Canada Post in October 2013.

Interview Details Interview arranged through a phone call/email communication with an Analyst for HR with Canada Post, after online application submission. Met with a two person panel that spent time describing position and responsibilities, both very nice and open to answering questions to the best of their abilities. Wrote a brief 10 minute test (that was not difficult at all), and then spent about 30 - 40 minutes answering working scenario-based questions.

Overall process was pleasant, with interviewers being very friendly, and questions not being at all out of line or overly difficult to answer. The only frustrating part was the waiting (I did not hear anything until about 4 weeks after my interviewers had hoped to make their choice known). I'm guessing that with the levels of bureaucracy that are most likely present, decisions and action may not always come quickly.

Interview Question – How would I deal with difficult co-workers or workplace situations; what steps would I take to resolve the situation? I felt this difficult to answer without knowing what existing workplace policies already exist.   Answer Question

Mail Service Courier Interview

Mail Service Courier
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Canada Post in November 2013.

Interview Details I actually applied online two years ago,got called for to the abilities test ,never showed up,I got black listed for like two yrs after that,re-applied in Sept,did the GAT,passed that,passed the interview,passed my driving test.security clearance now,HOW LONG ?

Interview Question – There was no difficult question,basic behavioral /situational questions,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basically told me I had the job after driving test,now I have to wait for Security Clerance......

Interviews for Top Jobs at Canada Post

Worked for Canada Post? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Canada Post interview questions and advice. All 44 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Canada Post employees and interview candidates.