Capco

Updated 25 Jan 2015
Updated 25 Jan 2015

2.8

Consultant Interview

Initial interview was weak, more like phone screen to check my communication skills, did not ask any challenging questions. Asked basic questions related to where I see myself in CAPCO, how much I knew about the company. Also gave a brief background on CAPCO, their focus, and the kinds of opportunities they have open

Interview Questions
    • Salary expectation during 1st interview...was not ready for that   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capco.

First round telephone interview about CV, why Consulting, why Capco, what is interesting about Banking in general. I had to make an elevator pitch about my CV and had to specify why I choose that specific university and both of the banks I have worked in.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capco.

It all happened very quickly.

Application Form
    Q&A
    1 HR interview
    1 competency based interview
    1 partner interview

It took some time to hear back after I sent in the online application but the time from when I had the assessment day to when I got the offer it was about 2 weeks

Principal Consultant Interview

Streamlined RPO process and mixed with Leadership sessions at 3-4 rounds facing a mix of behavioral and technical questions related to the financial services industry, in the current and future state.

Interview Questions
    • How do you disrupt and embrace innovation and culture in a traditional industry?   Answer Question
    Quick and brisk and effective

ATP Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capco.

The overall process of the interview was not too difficult. You first get a phone interview and once they like you they call you up for a second interview. For the 2nd interview you talk to two people. Mainly talking about yourself and your experience. Make sure you are able to answer obscure questions. There is no right answer but i believe they are looking for how you came up with that answer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you influence a person that earth is round?
      How many tires are sold in United States per year?

Answer Question

Capco Associate Talent Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

First there was an online interview. Easy questions about your skills and about the role of a consultant. That was followed by an assessment centre. It contained a written test, a group case and mini interviews. The day was very well organised and laid back.

Training Associate Program Interview

Online application with 3 questions such as : Why Capco? Why Consulting? In the current Financial Services climate, what do you think Capco should be concentrating on?

Then invited for a video interview with 3 additional questions (30 sec to prepare 60 sec to answer) all fairly easy, such as describe a time that you have been part of a team what was your role etc.

Interview Questions
    • what do you think of retail banking vs online banking?   Answer Question

Associate Talent Program (ATP) Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capco in November 2014.

Online application - resume and cover letter.
    Round 1 interview with HR Analyst: had to reschedule couple of times because of changing schedules on both our ends, but were finally able to talk about a week after she first reached out to me for an interview. It was originally supposed to last 15-30 minutes but we went to almost 45 minutes. Talked about my background ("walk me through your resume") and my interest in finance, the program and Capco. Interviewer was very friendly, very personable, and was happy with my answers. Moved on to the second round (in person, 2 1-on-1 interviews with current consultants) - got asked behavioral questions mostly, resume walk through, and a brain teaser or two. They were happy, got asked back for 3rd round (Assessment Day) to take place in 2-2.5 weeks. About 20-25 other candidates, grouped into a few teams, fed breakfast and lunch with a case study, inbox challenge and rapid fire questions. Then lunch, Q&A with partners and associates and end of the day. Got an offer following week, early. Everyone at the company is very warm and welcoming, great to talk to casually or professionally. Candidates interacted a lot with partners who remembered our names and whatever tidbits about ourselves we told them it just felt way more welcoming and like "we want you" than any other company I've worked/interacted with. The flat hierarchy/open door policy idea they have is very tangible. Everyone's chugging the company Kool-Aid but in the least creepy/cult-y way possible.

Interview Questions
    • Whole rapid fire section had the most strongly mixed feelings - questions ranged from company specific to brain teasers to just random questions. Definitely felt the most stressed during that time but everyone enjoyed it (I didn't as much).   Answer Question

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capco in October 2014.

Recruiter called me the first week in October...had me convinced to come interview by the end of the week despite my reluctance. Am very happy indeed that I did!

Met with four managers in a two hour time period, had a tour of the office, met my recruiter. I had one follow up phone interview-- this was in the span of 4 business days. By the end of the 2nd week in October I had a verbal offer, which I happily accepted, then a written one hours later.

Interview experience was very different than a typical Big 4- it was interactive, I met the right people on round 1-- a partner, two senior managers, and someone at my level that could answer candidly and give insight into a "day in the life". Recruiter was transparent and diligent throughout the process and all managers seemed to have a genuine interest in my career goals and how they translate to Capco opportunities. Followed up even after offer acceptance to help with the onboarding process and took me to lunch the first week I joined. I have since recommended Capco to three ex- colleagues from my firm.

Interview Questions
    • technical questions on trade lifecycle but answered it well   Answer Question
    Recruiter was transparent from the start about compensation and held true that Capco would pay competitive market rates-- really solid benefits package too

Talent Programmer Interview

Online application form - very simple
    Video interview - three basic questions - why capco, how your team mates would describe you, changes in banking industry over next 10 years
    Assessment centre - group exercise, numerical/verbal/logical test, speed interviews, Q&A with current employees
    Final interview with partner and HR - half and hour for each