Capco

63 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Consultant Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capco in March 2014.

Interview Details So the first part of the process is an online application with a short video interview basic questions; how would you describe yourself? what changes do you see happening in Banking in the next few years?

Second part is an assessment day:

Fairly standard people split in groups then process is as follows;
1. Quick fire interview rounds, questions aren't aimed to catch you out more so to see how you react and answer in pressure situations. Questions vary from why would you be a good consultant to what is a recent book you have read and how was it.

the hard questions are; why shouldn't we hire you? what big changes do see happening in the financial services industry? why would you be a good consultant?

best to stay relaxed in this situation it is more of a way for them to gauge the type of person you are and how confident you are in having a conversation etc.

2. there is then a short aptitude test mix of maths, logical thinking and verbal fairly straight-forward you won't need a calculator for the maths and the verbal is more so you looking for mistakes in a document so attention to key details spelling mistakes etc.

3. Group case study - they split you in groups at the start then that is the group you do a mini presentation with again this is a focus on how you work in a team, communicate and understand a document also they are looking to see how you can articulate as well.

for the most part they want you to be yourself there is plenty of opportunity to talk to other employees without feeling like it's part of the process it's quite informal with them and they want to give you as much information as possible. Advice: Stay calm, relaxed and ask questions when given the opportunity. Also in group exercises look to communicate and add input do not just sit and listen and let others take over.

Third stage:
Longer interview process with three different people one of whom is a partner -

Here there is a greater focus on your CV your past experiences and challenges you have over come etc.

asked a lot of questions as to why Capco and why consultancy? but also be prepared to have an understanding of current issues and changes in financial services as there are questions asked on this and what do you think the scope for the future is etc?

lots of competency questions like a time you were challenged? a time you failed? etc

Finally last part of the process is a written document they want you to write a response to two questions a basic check of your structured writing, spelling and punctuation.

Interview Question – Why Shouldn't we hire you?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capco in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and had an telephone screening interview, 3 CV based interviews with HR, partner and managing principal and a case study presentation interview.

Interview Question – The partner interview was a quick fire questions looking to do a CV run through that seemed to try and unsettle, it didn't leave much space for interaction and was about capco ticking boxes. Had I received an offer it would make me question why capco didn't try and sell the company more.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Capco

Interview Details Ineperienced people taking interview. No knowledge of finance, interviewing for finance

Reason for Declining – Not interested

Developer Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capco in March 2014.

Interview Details It was fine interviewing with capco.First staffing agency took 4 rounds and they allowded us to have the further rounds in capco.while reching there we all have to phase the Grouo Discussion and after that one Pure technical round where they i have asked to explain my project and to write some of the queries to fetch data frin the two tables using joins and sub-query.Then finally they asked collection topic in java and after that there was one more Hr round the cEO of capco took a final round about the intro and extempo.

Interview Question – CREATE THE THREAD POOL   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I DoNt KNoW AS I WENT THROUGH A STAFF CONSULTING BUT THEY ARE OFFEREING A NICE PACKAGE>
THANKS

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capco in December 2013.

Interview Details The recruiting process was very efficient. Capco recruiter located my resume online and reached to me for a series of phone Q&A sessions. I would not call my experience an official phone interview but rather a chance for them to get to know me as a candidate and understand what my personal and professional goals were.

At an official Meet and Greet, several candidates were brought together to meet a variety of full time Capco employees. It felt very much like an informal interview process as we were encouraged to research Capco and understand their operating model, client base and basic philosophy before the event. At the event, there was a vague sense among the candidates that the more Capco employees you met, the better. From my experience, however, quality of interaction was stressed over quantity. Engaging in positive, thorough, and constructive conversations with the Capco employees in your targeted domain is an excellent approach. It is the impression you leave on a few that will get you invited back for an interview.

From the meet and greet, several candidates were invited back for a round robin interview the following week. I was interviewed in 4 sessions, each lasting approximately 30 minutes. The questions were not necessarily technically challenging but I got the distinct impression that Capco is looking for a certain "type" or person. Industry specific experience and education is not required but they were looking to understand how my skills and background were going to transfer and help Capco continue to grow its business. Be forthright, thorough, and personable at the interview. If you make a positive impression on the 4 interviewers, you have 4 advocates when it comes time to make hiring decisions.

Interview Question – There were no challenging technical questions. For me, not coming from a Finance background, my most challenging question was to answer "Why should Capco hire me? What specific value of diversity or perspective would I bring to the table if hired?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When I heard they were going to make an offer, the recruiter asked me what my target salary would be. After two rounds of negotiations, they came in slightly below my offer but the total compensation package was more than adequate.

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details Application, Telephone Interview, AC, Partner/HC interview

Interview Question – Why would you not join the firm   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Capco in February 2014.

Interview Details Consisted of a case study, group exercise, quick fire interviews and a test.
People were really friendly.

Interview Question – What is your biggest disappointment?
What do you think the future of financial services is?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capco in December 2013.

Interview Details I applied through an internal employee. The HR rep called me within a week to setup an interview night session with four of the interviewers. The initial process could have been smooth but there were few hiccups. Read below to know more.

Interview Question – None. They asked mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Director Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details Several interviews with key senior management

Reason for Declining – Didn't care for business model

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capco in December 2013.

Interview Details I did a phone screen with a recruiter in Florida who scheduled me for a mass consulting interview night. I was then contacted, a day or two later, by a recruiter in the NY office who rescheduled me for one on one interviews instead. The one on ones were with 2 principal consultants who were handling a specific account that had projects that were ramping up. The focus seemed to be on this specific client since they had a portfolio of projects with them that would need bodies thrown at it.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. The interviews were behavioral and were related to my previous consulting experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me a verbal offer over the phone 2 days after the interview. The offer was lower than expected so I presented a counter. They met me half way (which I expected they would do) and I accepted. I still would have liked more money, but then again who doesn't.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capco

Worked for Capco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capco interview questions and advice. All 63 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Capco employees and interview candidates.