Capco Interview Questions

Updated 7 Oct 2014
Updated 7 Oct 2014

2.8

Talent Programmer Interview

Online application form - very simple
    Video interview - three basic questions - why capco, how your team mates would describe you, changes in banking industry over next 10 years
    Assessment centre - group exercise, numerical/verbal/logical test, speed interviews, Q&A with current employees
    Final interview with partner and HR - half and hour for each

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capco in October 2014.

Applied through my school's career website. Got an on campus interview within a few days. The guy was nice, but he didn't have my resume. However, it seemed like he really enjoyed doing the recruiting and was very passionate about his career.

Associate Talent Program Interview

Stage 1: Answer Online Questions

Stage 2: Record yourself answering 3 questions. Already been mentioned elsewhere, all fairly simple.

Stage 3: Assessment Centre. Split into groups. Consists of a short, but relatively easy, maths test. A group exercise where you have to read an M&A case and present your findings as 'Capco' to the client company doing the merger on your findings and recommendations. Finally, 3 quick-fire interview questions that are mainly conversational and are trying to see how relaxed and confident you are. Everyone always asks you 'Why consultancy?'

Stage 4: Final interview with head of HR, a senior consultant and a "partner".

Stage 4 of the process was handled horribly by HR and really put me off the company. I had a telephone interview scheduled with a senior consultant (was told it would be a partner but hey-ho) for 12 noon on a Friday. By 2pm I had no contact from anyone and so had to chase HR up about what was going on. At 4pm I got an email saying he was busy at client site and would have to reschedule for Monday (wasn't told when). Monday rolls around and again by 2pm no contact from anyone, I chase up HR who get back to me at 5pm telling me they can do the interview in half an hour. Telephone interview finally gets underway, the consultant seemed completely disinterested (obviously had better things to do) and lasted 12 minutes. Simple questions and answers that I had already been asked at every stage before.

Ultimately I was rejected and the only feedback was "despite your good interviews we felt you did not have the necessary experience". I believe this is something that they could have told me at the beginning of the process to save everyone time.

Advice to CAPCO: the application process is the opportunity not just for candidates to impress you, but for you to impress the candidates. If they see you can't organise a telephone interview then that does not bode well for the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Talk to me about the LIBOR scandal. If you were the CEO of Barclays Bank what would be your 3 main concerns?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

quick and easy process. talk to hr, then final rounds with three consultant. offer two day later, negotiable. Questions include resume, projects, previous job experiences, your knowledge of the industry, etc.

good

Associate Talent Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capco in August 2014.

Online application with the following questions: What is your reason for applying to Capco? , What attracts you to the field of consulting? , In the current Financial Services climate, what do you think Capco should be concentrating on?

I was consequently invited to a video interview. I was informed the following day that I had passed the interview stage and had been invited to an AC for the following day, unfortunately I was unable to attend. I emailed HR to inform them that I was away and that I would return to London within a week. However, after a week of numerous unanswered calls on Capco's behalf, I was informed that all places on the scheme had been filled and that I should reapply for next years' intake.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the future in the Financial Service?   Answer Question

Principal Consultant - Digital Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capco.

I met with four people as part of my interview process including an HR Hiring Manager and representatives from digital, banking and tech.
    At my level there was no aptitude test or the kind of case studies that you find at similar organizations such as McKinsey, Deloitte, BCG which was refreshing.

Interview Questions
    • The interview question felt less like a set of exam questions intended to catch me out and more like an open and honest discussion of values, intent, experience and expectations   Answer Question

Managing Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capco.

5 People across the company on the phone. 2 people in person in Washington DC. I made my own travel arrangements, drove to the location and saved the company $500 in airfare but then was not compensated for mileage. BUT, the would have paid $700 for air fare.

Interview Questions
    • I ASKED THEM an unexpected question: I asked what their employee churn rate was, they didn't know. I asked what their annual revenue was, they didn't know. These were high level execs I asked.   View Answer
    Easy.

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capco.

5 step process that consisted of initial phone assessment with recruiter, 30 minute quantitative/brain teaser interview, 30 minutes behavioral fit, and final on-site interview with 4 people. It was very structured and comprehensive.

Interview Questions
    • Name the time you had to break the rules to get something done   View Answer
    Open to negotiation, but need to have awareness of market and value to the firm.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Capco in June 2014.

I sent out a cover letter through email and received an email after two days telling me that a face-to-face interview will be held the day after. Two HR manager interviewed me and asked some standard questions like "Briefly introduce yourself", "Why do you want to have this job". However, they said that they will contact me whether I will have a second interview on 27/6 but surely they didn't.

Project Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Capco in June 2014.

I applied on line. The HR department called and asked me a number of questions then invited me for an inhouse interview 'event'. When I told them I could not make it that Thursday evening they scheduled 3 phone interviews. They contacted because the phone interviews went well and asked me to come to their NYC offices on a Thursday evening for three additional in person interviews.

I was offered a 1099 position, but apparently they did not have the contract yet so nothing came of it.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews were conversational and did not ask any difficult questions   Answer Question