Capco

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at Capco

Interview Details quick and easy process. talk to hr, then final rounds with three consultant. offer two day later, negotiable. Questions include resume, projects, previous job experiences, your knowledge of the industry, etc.

Negotiation Details – good

Principal Consultant - Digital Team Interview

Principal Consultant - Digital Team
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details I met with four people as part of my interview process including an HR Hiring Manager and representatives from digital, banking and tech.
At my level there was no aptitude test or the kind of case studies that you find at similar organizations such as McKinsey, Deloitte, BCG which was refreshing.

Interview Question – The interview question felt less like a set of exam questions intended to catch me out and more like an open and honest discussion of values, intent, experience and expectations   Answer Question

Project Management Consultant Interview

Project Management Consultant
New York, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Capco in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied on line. The HR department called and asked me a number of questions then invited me for an inhouse interview 'event'. When I told them I could not make it that Thursday evening they scheduled 3 phone interviews. They contacted because the phone interviews went well and asked me to come to their NYC offices on a Thursday evening for three additional in person interviews.

I was offered a 1099 position, but apparently they did not have the contract yet so nothing came of it.

Interview Question – Interviews were conversational and did not ask any difficult questions   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Central (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Capco in June 2014.

Interview Details I sent out a cover letter through email and received an email after two days telling me that a face-to-face interview will be held the day after. Two HR manager interviewed me and asked some standard questions like "Briefly introduce yourself", "Why do you want to have this job". However, they said that they will contact me whether I will have a second interview on 27/6 but surely they didn't.

Interview Question – Briefly introduce yourself   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Capco in January 2013.

Interview Details Generally speaking your first call will be a 'smell test' with recruiting and then you may be brought in to meet with 2-3 individuals at at least the Senior Consultant level. The questions and process is fairly standard and straight-forward.

Prepare yourself with the interview basics- have your resume on hand, do your research about the company, and know what you are looking for in your next role. The questions are basic "describe team experiences, win/losses, strengths/weaknesses, etc'.

Each round will be 30 minutes or so. Younger candidates will most likely require a "Super day" of sorts that involves group interviews and tasks. Don't be a jerk and you'll be fine.

Interview Question – Unless the interviewer is going off-script or you're being examined for a very specific role, there shouldn't be any surprises in the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a little flex in salary band.

Managing Principal Interview

Managing Principal
Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details 5 People across the company on the phone. 2 people in person in Washington DC. I made my own travel arrangements, drove to the location and saved the company $500 in airfare but then was not compensated for mileage. BUT, the would have paid $700 for air fare.

Interview Question – I ASKED THEM an unexpected question: I asked what their employee churn rate was, they didn't know. I asked what their annual revenue was, they didn't know. These were high level execs I asked.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy.

Associate Talent Programmer Interview

Associate Talent Programmer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capco in May 2014.

Interview Details 1. First applied online through a form with basic questions such as: what can you bring to CAPCO? why consulting and why CAPCO?.

2.Then a few weeks later got invited to a video interview. It was very short, about 1min to answer each questions (3 questions in total): how would your colleagues/team mates describe you? How do you see the future of financial services? and the last one I don't remember but something like why CAPCO? or tell me about yourself. Easy stuff.

3. After a week they sent me an e-mail with the group assessment invite. 3 parts: short test, fire interview and case group (an m&a between 2 banks). Pretty fast and exciting, no difficult questions: why CAPCO and not the big 4, why should we not hire you, what question should I ask you next, what makes you more special than the other candidates? The test is basic maths, no calculator needed.

4. It only took 2-3 days to get another e-mail with the invite for the final round. 3 interviews: principal consultant, head of HR and a Partner. Same type of questions as in the previous stage.

5. The day after the interviews they called with the offer and sent the contract.

Interview Question – tell me about a time your work was criticized and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was needed.

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details 5 step process that consisted of initial phone assessment with recruiter, 30 minute quantitative/brain teaser interview, 30 minutes behavioral fit, and final on-site interview with 4 people. It was very structured and comprehensive.

Interview Question – Name the time you had to break the rules to get something done   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Open to negotiation, but need to have awareness of market and value to the firm.

Training Associate Program Interview

Training Associate Program
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capco in May 2014.

Interview Details There were three rounds of interviews, the first was just a screening, the second was a skype interview where they vetted my background, and the third was a "super day" which we were given case studies.

Interview Question – If the pen in mightier than the sword, whats the pencil?   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Entry Level

I applied online and interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details After applying online, I was called within a week by an HR representative. The HR rep asked me common questions about my background and my resume. She asked me why I thought I would be a good fit at Capco and why I wanted to get into finance/ consulting. Overall a very straightforward process and what I had expected.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in finance?   Answer Question

Worked for Capco? Contribute to the Community!