Capgemini

Updated 12 Dec 2014
Updated 12 Dec 2014

2.9

Graduate Consultant Interview

Online psychometric test then phone interview scheduled. Phone interview was casual, friendly. Enjoyed talking to the person interviewing me. Questions asked were nothing surprising. Why you wanna work here? What do you know about us? What stream do you want to get into? and resume run through

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capgemini.

Capgemini are looking to build and ramp up their technical team. The position i was interviewed for was a Manager position for CRM and Mobility capabilities. This in include social media and Hybris.

Interview Questions
    Depending your personal situations and objectives you want to achieve

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini.

Number of interviews: three. First one was a general interview with practice manager. Second one was with peers (very senior consultants) based on a case study question. Third one was with HR about salary etc.

Interview Questions
    • Business case study was difficult (very generalised). Prepare to think on your feet.   Answer Question
    I gave my initial expectations of salary $120k. I was offered salary at $110K.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini in June 2013.

Initial telephone interview, followed by assessment day that is very focused on communication and presentation skills. This is followed by a one on one final interview with a director of the business line you have been chosen for.

Assistant Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capgemini.

Competitive salary + super + annual bonus

Interview Questions
    Made me feel wanted until I hit day two after starting.

Consultant Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capgemini.

Round 1 : Aptitude and Verbal
    Round 2: Voice Recognition Test
    Round 3: Personal Interview

Round 2 consists of Speed Typing and Passage Summary Writing. Not so difficult. Easily Crack able.

Round 1 was taken through cocubes.com.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capgemini in December 2014.

After a long wait and no information from HR or any Capegemini employee, we were made to wait in queues and collect coupons. Coupons directed us to respective floor and then we had to submit resume and other documents.
    Luckily for me they called out my name quickly and I went ahead to attend the interview. The interviewer had already made up his mind that I am not suitable for the position. Had a very negative body language and his question was 'What development have you done at your company?". I tried to explain, he was not listening to a single word i was speaking, He used to repeat the same question again in different ways. Then I finally had to tell him that if he is already decided that people at my company do nothing and I am not suitable for the role, there is no point going ahead with the discussion. I told I will walk-out of the interview.
    Then came the funny part where he said the work/role for which I was interviewed was not very good! Company expected people to work for more than 14 hours and there is no knowledge among people, but are still expected to deliver. I finally left the interview room, but it was total waste of my time. The interviewer was biased about the company I was working in, and had made his decision before even meeting me!

Interview Questions
    • What development do you do at your current company?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I participated in a university project with Capgemini. During the project I met the junior HR recruiter and I worked with one consultant. Then, at a job fair I met the HR recruiter and handed my CV, after which I was called by the consultant, and finally got an email from another HR person to schedule the interview with a senior consultant.

Interview Questions
    • There were many questions regarding the area (Telecom, Media & Entertainment) concerning challenges, what is there to innovate, differences between different sectors in the industry etc.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vāranāsi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vāranāsi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capgemini in December 2014.

Aptitude test followed by test of communication skills followed by a GD and PI. The PI was HR nad technical together with all basic hr questions and some gud technical questions. There was one guesstimate question.

Interview Questions
    since it was on college campus hiring so no negotiations

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capgemini.

Written test conducted by Cocubes it contains 3 section (English +Reasoning + Maths 25 questions each).

1st: English error correction, idioms, synonyms, antonym were there and some fill in the blanks on articles and there were 2 passages it was easy. (I didn't prepared for this section but if you want to do then follow Indiabix) as per my knowledge cutoff here for this was 18+.

2nd: Reasoning : in this two question on flow chart followed by 8-10 questions, syllogism, statement and conclusion, statement and assumption, 2 questions from series, 2 question from blood relation, 2 questions from coding and decoding. RS agarwal (verbal and nonverbal) is more than enough it was ok ok in term of difficulty level. As per my knowledge cutoff here for this was 18+.

3rd: Maths : Number system, trigonometry, area, triangle, volume, age, profit loss, pie chart, Arithmetic propagation, boat problem, time and distance, (in short have to do all chapters of RS agarwal cannot leave even a single chapter) it was tough section in comparison to above two, time management is required here. As per my knowledge cutoff here for this was 14+.

After written test they announced the results and next round was GD and then technical followed by HR on next day.

In GD topic was is IT industry influencing our culture (it was for almost 50-55 min) there were 11 member in our group 4 cleared it and those people (CapG guys) were very very good in picking candidates in GD (tips: focus on your body language, communication skills, be calm even if anyone goes against you don't fight or respond just focus on your points and don't loss your grip on that (because it's not debate), innovation, valid points and facts if you are sure about any recent survey or such it can help you, most important point conclusion must be there in your mind to wrap all things in last one minute, don't divert from the topic, try to make eye contact with other member never look toward HR or the panel, if you can remember name its + point for you, try to speak at least 2, 3 times (as our was very long GD so 2, 3 time was not sufficient but for most of the time it works in favor if GD duration is 15 min).

After clearing the GD we were asked to go for lunch and then they have decided to take only one round Technical-cum-HR round.

Tech-Cum-HR: he asked me to tell anything that is not mention in resume as my resume was only one page so I had many things to speak up on, after this he asked me about project and technology and here starts the cross questions and I was confident about my concepts he tried to prove me wrong then he asked oops concept in details with real life example, I told everything then he asked about internship and training and what was my role there then he asked my minor project again cross questions it was on java so it covered JDBC, SQL, Servlets and front end I explained everything then he asked me about testing as I mention it there in resume I told him and explained it in simple words and clearly then he asked my favorite subject and in which I scored maximum C, Java, compiler design then asked me everything about compiler inner implementation, working, functionality then he asked about pointers and pros and cons of pointers in C, asked difference in c and java and strictly told me that don't say things that you have read in your books just tell where you find difference as I did project on both I explained and then question on pre processor directives and how does function work in C.