Cargill

Updated 18 Nov 2014

Plant Breeder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cargill in March 2013.

Got a phone call to arrange an interview, it then followed very quickly by an online behavioral, cognitive and safety tests. Then there was a panel interview. Before panel interview, they got my references too. Two weeks after the interview, the hiring manager phoned me that I was unsuccessful !

Interview Questions
    • At the interview, they asked a range of behavioral, safety and technical questions.   Answer Question

Sales Agronomist Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Overall a fair interview. The questions were mainly about the resume and behavioral based. The behavioral based questions were not overly difficult and seemed fair to me. They also asked about what I wanted which is important to me.

Commercial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

I applied online for OCR and got the first interview on campus late September. it was a general résumé based interview for 30min with two senior people from the company. Very nice casual interview environment.Got called for office visit cargill Talent day after one day.
    The office visit was three 45 minute interviews. All the interviews were mostly behavioral and everyone was very cordial. A week after I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your listening skills helped you take the right decision.
      Tell me about a time when you had to change your way of thinking/ process middle way and what was the outcome.

Quality Management Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cargill.

I talked to them as a senior at a Fall career fair. I had an interview the next day on campus. They asked mostly behavioral questions and then three questions related to my major. My interviewers were very friendly and talkative. They liked when I asked them questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions for food science majors: describe water activity, pH, and browning.   Answer Question
    I moved on to the second interview.

Quality Management Chemist Interview

I had an on campus interview after a career fair, and then got called in for a second interview in Omaha, NE. The on campus interview was great and very relaxed. I joked around with the interviewers, and even offered possible suggestions to better the company. The second interview was a two day experience. Day 1 was a tour of the facility, and day two was interviews from 730AM till noon.

Interview Questions
    • Fully describe pH and what we use it for?
      What is chromatography?

Year Long Placement Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cargill.

Applied through website and heard back within two weeks. I was asked to attend a face to face interview at University of Manchester, and it's a 2-1 interview, all competency questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why Chemical engineering?
      Tell me about a time that you are fleXible.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Applied online through university career website, contacted me within a week and set up an interview on campus. The interview was set up as panel but it resulted in one person talking while the other two employees sat there and looked at me. It was uncomfortable to say the least.

Communications Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cargill.

I applied for the position at a jobs and internships fair where I met my hiring manager. I was called in for an in-person interview within a week. A month later, I heard from them again, and was asked to provide a writing and editorial sample.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lititz, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lititz, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cargill in October 2014.

Initial phone interview had situational questions from home office (probably third party). Contacted initially via email to set up phone interview, and personnel were very thorough, polite, knowledgeable and excellent at following up appropriately. A coordinator then set up an onsite interview supplying via email the personnel names I would be interviewing with along with information about the company, company benefits, the job description, directions to the location, contact information and to expect a behavioral interview. In addition, there was information on what to expect "post interview."

The company office is in a lovely location and very quiet. The employees appeared to be pleasant and quiet. They asked some of the questions from their Cargill template. I interviewed with the accounting department first then with HR. The two interviews were very different. Unfortunately, the job did not have a strong, cohesive job description-- 50% ad hoc doing whatever is given to you by whatever department, 20% with accounting, 10% doing work for the president (who you did not meet nor interview or report to), and the remainder being receptionist duties and other items.

I can tell you the work environment, the people, and the company are steadfast and positive. I have nothing but the utmost respect for this company and am only disappointed by the fact that given how large they are that I do not hear more about all the positive things they do in the (local or national) news! I really believe they empower and motivate employees.

At the end of the interview, they did offer their business card if I had any questions. I did have one question and followed up -- they never responded. That was disheartening because my experience had all been positive up to that point. However, they definitely get points for sticking to their timeline and what they say they were going to do. They told me the next steps, and they would contact everyone by a specified date to let them know the outcomes of the interviews. They stuck to their word! That is refreshing in today's world to be notified in a timely manner as to whether you have a job offer or denial.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were typical. How did you handle a difficult situation? Give an instant when you made a mistake. Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Strategic Sourcing Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cargill in October 2014.

I applied at college. They give me the interview in the next day. I went to the interview and they did not continue the interview process because I require the sponsorship. They should let me know before I go to the interview. This experience is horrible. No respect at all. They just let me go when they know I don't have so called "green card" or "permanent work authorization". I totally understand that their HR does not want to invest any resources or time on foreigners, even talented foreigners.