Cargill

Updated 9 Dec 2014

Plant Breeder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cargill in March 2013.

Got a phone call to arrange an interview, it then followed very quickly by an online behavioral, cognitive and safety tests. Then there was a panel interview. Before panel interview, they got my references too. Two weeks after the interview, the hiring manager phoned me that I was unsuccessful !

Interview Questions
    • At the interview, they asked a range of behavioral, safety and technical questions.   Answer Question

Operations Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tula, Hidalgo (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tula, Hidalgo (Mexico)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Hiring process was around 5-6 filters. CV screening, short phone interview, essays through the whole process, interview with HR recruiter, interview with HR director and finally an assessment center where we had to do individual and group cases.
    Had to face some behavioral questions through the first interviews, and the typically; Why Cargill? Why Operations Trainee? How do you see yourself in 5 years?
    The overall experience was excellent and the process ran smooth.
    Would recommend this company.

Graduate Management Trainee/Chemical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

I filled in an online application which was fairly easy - they contacted me to arrange a time for "a casual phone chat " that was actually a proper phone interview
    You should be really prepared to talk about your motivations and ambitions.

Interview Questions
    • why did you study chemical engineering ?   Answer Question
    • did you enjoy your degree ?   Answer Question
    • why do you want to join Cargill ?   Answer Question
    • have you applied for similar schemes ?   Answer Question
    • tell me a situation where you had to manage a team ? or something along the line of tell me a situation where you had to lead a team ? and what was the outcome   Answer Question
    • describe how do you best learn ?
      your learning behaviour

Answer Question
    • tell me a situation where you formed a trusting relationships?   Answer Question
    • do you have any other questions ?   Answer Question

Quality Management Chemiist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cargill.

The process began at a university career fair and a first-round interview the following day on campus. The interview was fair and straightforward. I received a call two week later to have a plant tour and second round interview. The second round was a bit more intense, but again nothing unexpected. I received an offer 3 weeks after the second round.

Sales Agronomist Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Overall a fair interview. The questions were mainly about the resume and behavioral based. The behavioral based questions were not overly difficult and seemed fair to me. They also asked about what I wanted which is important to me.

Quality Management Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cargill.

I talked to them as a senior at a Fall career fair. I had an interview the next day on campus. They asked mostly behavioral questions and then three questions related to my major. My interviewers were very friendly and talkative. They liked when I asked them questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions for food science majors: describe water activity, pH, and browning.   Answer Question
    I moved on to the second interview.

Commercial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

I applied online for OCR and got the first interview on campus late September. it was a general résumé based interview for 30min with two senior people from the company. Very nice casual interview environment.Got called for office visit cargill Talent day after one day.
    The office visit was three 45 minute interviews. All the interviews were mostly behavioral and everyone was very cordial. A week after I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your listening skills helped you take the right decision.
      Tell me about a time when you had to change your way of thinking/ process middle way and what was the outcome.

Quality Management Chemist Interview

I had an on campus interview after a career fair, and then got called in for a second interview in Omaha, NE. The on campus interview was great and very relaxed. I joked around with the interviewers, and even offered possible suggestions to better the company. The second interview was a two day experience. Day 1 was a tour of the facility, and day two was interviews from 730AM till noon.

Interview Questions
    • Fully describe pH and what we use it for?
      What is chromatography?

Year Long Placement Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cargill.

Applied through website and heard back within two weeks. I was asked to attend a face to face interview at University of Manchester, and it's a 2-1 interview, all competency questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why Chemical engineering?
      Tell me about a time that you are fleXible.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Applied online through university career website, contacted me within a week and set up an interview on campus. The interview was set up as panel but it resulted in one person talking while the other two employees sat there and looked at me. It was uncomfortable to say the least.