Carnival Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Guest Logistics Agent Interview

Guest Logistics Agent
Long Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in August 2014.

Interview Details Called and told me what I'll be doing and how much the pay and if I was interested then told me to bring my ssc and I.d. I then went in for an interview and was offered the job and signed papers the same day

Interview Question – What made you want to work for carnival cruise and tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None $9.00 an hour no medical benefits but there is cruise benefits

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Personal Vacation Planner
Miami, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in August 2014.

Interview Details Went to an open house at Carnival headquarters and was given a number. When my group of numbers was called about 10 of us went into a room and we were asked to stand up and introduce ourselves everyone. Every spoke for about one minute and at the end of the interview they asked us to step out of the room. Out of my group of 10, two were chosen. Unfortunately I was not chosen.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   View Answer

Outbound Sales Representatives Interview

Outbound Sales Representatives
Miramar, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in July 2014.

Interview Details There was an open house in which all of us watch a video that explains the job duties. After that you are called in groups of 10 and you have to introduce yourself and explain to two or three managers why you are the perfect fit. If you are one of the three selected, you will get an interview that same day.

Interview Question – The only question was to explain why are you a perfect fit for the job   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Waitress

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2012.

Interview Details Hiring process took less than two months. The Interview was fast approximately 5 minutes, questions were so simple, about my personality. No need to be nervous or ashamed, don't panic just be calm and be prepared. The interviewer was polite, attentive and smiling. Showing interest.

Interview Question – Why do you apply for this job position when you have so much education and great experience in your country?   Answer Question

Direct Sales Interview

Direct Sales

I applied through another source and interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details I paid for the training so that I could work for Carnival. The training was around $250.00. I completed the training and passed the class. I then went into customer service and trained over into direct sales.

Entertainment Staff Interview

Entertainment Staff
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details I submitted my resume through a Canadian recruiter (cast-a-way), and was contacted for an initial skype interview about a month later. After that went well, I was invited to meet with the Carnival hiring team who happened to be hosting a group interview session in my city a couple weeks later.

It was a full day event, the morning started with an orientation about life on board and expectations, then we played games in front of the group to get a sense of our personalities and public speaking abilities, and finally we met one-on-one with Carnival representatives.

They asked us to bring with us a current resume, a copy of our passport, two letters of reference, background check, and any relevant degrees.

After I was told of my acceptance, I was required to complete a very thorough medical (physical, blood, urine) which cost me $500.

Once I was given the final go-ahead, someone from Carnival contacted me to help with onboarding.

Between submitting resume to first day on the job, six months.

Overall, the interview process was a very positive experience.

Interview Question – We were divided into groups and asked to come up with fake definitions to a word (a la Balderdash) and present them to the group.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's little room to negotiate. You start as an entry level employee and if you want to make a career of it, need to work your way up.

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Personal Vacation Planner

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details Submitted resume, called for initial interview within 24 hours. Quite a lengthy interview for a screening type interview. Roughly 45 minutes, but a pleasant interview. I felt it was quite thorough and easy to talk to the interviewer.

Interview Question – Not so much a question, as a constant feeling that the interviewer was not sold on the job. It was apparent from the job posting that the job entails a commitment to ourbound calling to make the contacts for sales. I supposed they have people apply that do not grasp all that commitment entails, but I felt the interviewer herself felt it would not be an enjoyable job.   Answer Question

Guest Services Associate Interview

Guest Services Associate

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details Depends on your country, usually is held in the capital, in a hotel. Doesn't last long, around 20 mins with standard questions, e.g why you choose Carnival? what is your expereince? etc. The most exhausting part of the interview was a line where you have to wait for an hour or so. The interviewer was pretty pleasant.

Youth Counselor Interview

Youth Counselor

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details Interview was relaxed. Questions were about working with different age groups, different kids activities. Additional questions were about living onboard for long period of time without days off, and would I have difficulties sharing cabin with another person.

Interview Question – There was no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details Interview was so fast not more that 15 minutes, questions were so simple. nothing challenge. It was like conversation at a cafe with casual situation and no need to be nervous, ashame, or panic. just calm and prepare your self.

Interview Question – Nothing, they just asked about my last experience before. How long were you work at your employer before?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation at all

Worked for Carnival Corporation? Contribute to the Community!