Caterpillar

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Representative Interview

Marketing Representative
Peoria, IL (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Caterpillar in October 2011.

Interview Details Initial contact started at a campus job fair. Conversations with HR reps went well, so I submitted my resume. I attended presentations on campus put on by Caterpillar that week. First round of interviews held on campus. Second interviews at Caterpillar HQ. Interviewed by three staff members - three very different personalities. Questions weren't overly difficult, a few were challenging. They were looking for very specific experience (mix of marketing and technical). Received a call a few weeks later that I would not be receiving an offer.

Demand Analyst Interview

Demand Analyst

I applied through another source and interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details Behavioral based questions. Looking for STARs - Situation/Task, Actions you took and the Results of your actions. Usually group interviews where you'll have 2-3 people interviewing you at one time.

Interview Question – None are really difficult, esp if you are good about talking and bragging about yourself. Unfortunately I'm not.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Definately negotiate

Product Development Interview

Product Development

Interviewed at Caterpillar

Interview Details One on-campus interview. About a 2 month period following the interview before notified about decision. There were two 30 minute interview sessions where you sat down one on one with a member of the Caterpillar team. The interviewers were nice. It was very structured.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Staff Accountant I Interview

Staff Accountant I

I applied online and interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details Travel to head office for interview. Panel interview then individual interview with each panelist and a presentation on my resume detailing skills and experiences. Have lunch with a member of staff then tour a plant.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult situation you had to deal with   Answer Question

Engineering Technical Team Leader Interview

Engineering Technical Team Leader
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details There were several rounds - 1st one screening to understand my profile, 2nd technical round on application programming from US, 3rd again technical on application programming from US, 3rd and 4th behavioral on scenarios, how I handle various situations etc. rounds. 5th managerial on my approach to build teams etc. then no news :)

Interview Question – Interviews were not tough and were reasonable. However, the recruiters are quite unprofessional, never update on the next round even when you are appearing for senior leadership positions. During F2F interview, the recruiter was laid back, never spoke. Very transactional. It was very disappointing experience as I love the brand caterpillar since my childhood. Very very disappointed and would only recommend if you don't have any other choice! They do not have the courtesy to even respond to your emails..   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor
Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Caterpillar in August 2010.

Interview Details not much on technical , 2 rounds of interview, but be carefull while negotiating the CTC, would try to squeeze you as much as possible. HR is very smart in confusing with variable pay calculations and the reality would be different

Interview Question – nothing like that as long as you are sue of what you have put in your resume   Answer Question

Section Manager III Interview

Section Manager III
Athens, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Caterpillar in January 2013.

Interview Details This process is very detailed. You are contacted by email and telephone and then go thru behavioral/Situation, Task, Action, Results format interviewing. If offered the position you will be called by telephone and then followed up with a letter. Those not offered the position are mailed a letter or emailed.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation on my salary

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Manufacturing Engineer I

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details in selection process first test would be skill test .once it get clear, another round will be face to face to face.in face to face they will ask core questions related to your background

Interview Question – all related to the manufacturing engineering   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – ask more salary

Technical Marketing Interview

Technical Marketing

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details Campus recruiting - 30-40 minutes' interview with S.T.A.R questions. There were 2 interviewers - one as a manager and the other as a new employee who has campus recruiting experience.

Interview Question – more like general. I felt a bit difficult when Eg. What was your big failure?   View Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Rhinelander, WI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar in January 2014.

Interview Details Went with the basic S.T.A.R method. That was the initial interview when arrived at the facility. All questions needed to be answered with S.T.A.R method. Rather impersonal and only worried about your supposed "skills" to answer the questions. It felt more one dimensional than anything.

Interview Question – None that you would not hear in a normal interview   Answer Question

Worked for Caterpillar? Contribute to the Community!