Cerner

Updated 24 Feb 2015
Updated 24 Feb 2015

2.6

Employee Interview

Slow, Dis-organised. Managed out of India. background check by HireRight (read the reviews about this company)
    The process took over 5 weeks and I heard very little throughout this time from CERNER, I suspect they think the Kansas City Induction will fill in the gaps.

No negotiation

Senior Analyst (Delivery Consultant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner in November 2013.

Three interviews back to back

Interview Questions
    They approved straight away. (I should have asked for more)

Mid-Senior Level Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner in March 2013.

Vague, misleading, mostly done over the phone via the US and one or two meeting in person in Sydney/Brisbane. Over sold in the process, too many steps in the process.

Interview Questions
    • You don't ask enough questions. HR involvement was non existent, the managers questions were inappropriate at times.   Answer Question
    Painful, it took 3 days to get a few extra thousand dollars approved, then very underwhelmed with the offer. Wouldn't budge on adding a bonus component.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in February 2015.

The company contacted me via linked-in. Started with a phone interview to see if I was interested in a position. After the 30 min phone interview I was asked when would be a good time to come and have a face to face interview. They paid for the hotel and reimbursed with gift cards for gas and mileage. it was a half day of 3 different interviews for 3 different people for 3 different positions within the company. Overall they seemed like standard interview questions with only a few technical questions overall.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview STAR questions and some technical questions.   Answer Question

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner in February 2015.

I applied online and almost a month later had my phone screening.... questions included typical HR questions and went over my cv and asked if i was ok with travelling ... was told by the end of the conversation that i would be invited for a face to face interview. a week later had 3 one on one interviews with different managers who had openings in their teams. The environment was very comfortable and the conversations were very casual. After the interviews i was told all the managers would have a meeting the next day and decide if a offer was to be made. HR made an offer after 10 days... i had given up hope by then but was very pleasantly surprised since i hadnt heard anything from them after my interviews. the offer was in excess of my demand and quite generous. The HR recruiter was particularly nice throughout the whole process and it was lovely talking to her.

Interview Questions
    • i dont remember alot of the questions... they seem to be a blur by now (they were quite repetitive and i used the same examples between managers ) :P... but they were mostly... describe a problem and how you handled it, how do you prioritise your work?, a time a project changed dramatically but the deadline didnt, a time you dealt with vague instructions?, a time you made a difficult decision?, ... change is inevitable , describe a time there was a drastic change and how you streamlined it for OTHERS ? a time you had to learn a skill quickly? a time you had to build rapport ? what do you know about cerner? what do you think you will be doing in this role?
      i prepared for the interview by reading all the behavioural questions on this site (and loads more through google) and then making sample answers ... so i didnt really have many surprises and was quite confident on the day. try to think of what skill do they want you to talk about when they ask you a question ... communication? team work? flexibility? and then build your answer on that... oh and always use the STAR method and you will ace it !

Answer Question

Data Entry/Customer Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cerner in February 2015.

I received an e-mail with an interview code. It asked that I secure an *.aol mail address and download aol IM tool. I replied to an e-mail with one simple question: Can this interview be conducted over the phone? Instead of answering my question, Cerner replied including the following: … depending on how fast & Intelligent you are ... report tomorrow at 08:00am CST ... You are to follow up by …. I did not feel comfortable with this approach. Firstly, I did not apply for this job, a Compass recruiter sent me a solicitation. Secondly, I found their response to be condescending, commanding and demanding. This is not the approach I would expect from a professional recruiter.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cerner in February 2015.

Applied online on their website. I received an email the same day or the next day from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. I gave them my time schedule for when I was available. The recruiter called me at the scheduled time and I had a phone interview with a recruiter. I was told that I will be contacted in 3 to 5 days if selected for a face to face interview. I did not get selected for the face to face interview. Be ready to talk about your background and give examples of situations.

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter asked me about my background and things on my resume. Asked me about my experience with troubleshooting and asked for some examples.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner.

Overall hiring and interview process, took 3 months from initial application to phone interview. Still waiting to see if I make it to the next stage in the process. What I read from others, it usually takes 1-2 weeks to hear back. Then that is followed with an in person interview followed by offer within another 1-2 weeks.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner in January 2015.

The correct title was Software Engineer Intern, though this was not an option

The first wave came as a scout off of linkedIn where I had an initial interview over the phone with basic behavioral questions and some personal ones.

The Second was a technical interview over a skype like program with a software architect (These interviews were great the questions were straight forward no tricks or confusion and any questions I had were answered quickly).

Then the company flew me out for some interviews (Suit and tie attire) in person. These interviews were not so bad but not so good either they were very tricky.

Te first person had an absolute no want to be there and could obviously care less about my interview I even caught him playing on his phone while I was presenting on the whiteboard. The questions asked were rather cryptic and tricky with a lot of problem solving so take your time and think don't just jump face first in.

After this interview I was left alone in the room for about 30 minutes then had another interview with a question that was much more straight forward.

Shortly after these we were shown around the lunchroom given free lunch and a 50 dollar gift certificate, then back onto a bus to the airport.

Interview Questions
    • My first interview over the skype-like program was: "Design a class allergies that has severity, also a class patient with information about the person, allergy, and the person who reported the allergy"   View Answer
    • Second In person interview question: "Design a class called medicine that has the medicine ID and other stuff (word for word what I was asked) then add it to a class called person" Then I was asked the question "Your working tech support on Thanksgiving night when someone calls and says they have a problem with information what do you do?"   View Answer
    • Third Interview Question:
      "Design a class called temperature, temperatures can fluctuate per person by +-1 degree high temperatures can be a sign of a fever which can be a sign of infection. A persons fever range can also fluctuate by +-1 degree. Temperatures can also be measured in Celsius, Fahrenheit and if your serious about temperatures Kelvin as well. Design a class called temperature"

View Answer

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Kansas City, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in January 2015.

Applied on Cerners website, received an email from recruiter to schedule phone interview within 48 hours of applying. Received an opportunity to formally interview at WHQ at the conclusion of phone interview. Two weeks after formal interview at WHQ and offer was made. Smooth process and good communication between the recruiter and myself was very beneficial throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were given a task with little to no instructions! What was the problem, how did you address it and what was the outcome of that decision?   Answer Question