Cerner

Updated 22 Nov 2014
Updated 22 Nov 2014

2.6

Employee Interview

Slow, Dis-organised. Managed out of India. background check by HireRight (read the reviews about this company)
    The process took over 5 weeks and I heard very little throughout this time from CERNER, I suspect they think the Kansas City Induction will fill in the gaps.

No negotiation

Senior Analyst (Delivery Consultant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner in November 2013.

Three interviews back to back

Interview Questions
    They approved straight away. (I should have asked for more)

Mid-Senior Level Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner in March 2013.

Vague, misleading, mostly done over the phone via the US and one or two meeting in person in Sydney/Brisbane. Over sold in the process, too many steps in the process.

Interview Questions
    • You don't ask enough questions. HR involvement was non existent, the managers questions were inappropriate at times.   Answer Question
    Painful, it took 3 days to get a few extra thousand dollars approved, then very underwhelmed with the offer. Wouldn't budge on adding a bonus component.

KCIT Apprentice Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

The process too about 3 weeks from the day I had my phone interview to the day i started compass. The interviewers I had were great and made me feel comfortable during the interview. The recruiters answered any questions i had about the process.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

I applied online, got call from HR with basic behavioral questions, questions about resume experience, then follow-up skype interview that was technical, lasted about an hour. Waiting to hear back, and not sure if there are more rounds to come

Interview Questions
    • Basic OOPs stuff - create a class that has info about some disease, and can be updated easily, how would you record the time of the disease report   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cerner.

aptitude, HR and technical. nothing unexpected, easy technical questions and common Hr questions.
    they ask you about the language you are good at and ask basic questions in that subject. i was also asked about previous job exp and learning from your prev job. questions from unix etc

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, easy technical questions and common Hr questions   Answer Question

Senior Statistical Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Initial communications were positive but seemed that recruiters were spread too thin and too busy to keep up. Interview was very different than what I had done previously. You have to give specific examples of a time when you encountered a scenario - an actual story - not a 'what I would do'. Very HR oriented questions without specific skill set questions about the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Cerner? Tell me about a time you used several resources to improve a process and what the impact of that was (lots like these).   Answer Question
    yes, I negotiated 5% higher. I wish I had gone higher because my first annual raise was only 2.4%!

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cerner.

This was an easy and straightforward interview. I submitted my resume and cover letter online and was asked to do a phone interview with a member of HR. After that, I had two back to back 30 min interviews with Cerner employees in similar or previously similar positions. I was offered the position 3 days later and given the opportunity to fly out and visit Kansas City and the Cerner headquarters.

Interview Questions
    • Why Cerner (over other companies/places--the interviewer knew I had been through many other interviews that week)?   Answer Question

I received another offer at a similar time with a shorter, non-flexible deadline that had a higher salary and was for a position I was more interested in.

Software Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Cerner.

I applied online and got invited for brief phone interview with an HR worker first. This consisted entirely of behavioral questions and points about my resume. About 1 day later, I had a more comprehensive interview with one of the Software engineers over skype. I don't particularly like doing this sort of thing over the internet, but the guy was quite nice and to the point. There were a few behavioral questions here, but mostly technical. Still waiting to hear if I get to go to the next step.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions asked are posted on glassdoor. I recommend not skimping over the behaviour questions though, as Cerner seems to value these more highly than other companies I have encountered.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cerner.

Started with verbal test at their facility. After clearing this there will be a multiple technical rounds to check the skills and expertise depending on the experience level and position on offer.