Cerner Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2014
Updated 19 Oct 2014

2.6

Employee Interview

Slow, Dis-organised. Managed out of India. background check by HireRight (read the reviews about this company)
    The process took over 5 weeks and I heard very little throughout this time from CERNER, I suspect they think the Kansas City Induction will fill in the gaps.

No negotiation

Senior Analyst (Delivery Consultant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner in November 2013.

Three interviews back to back

Interview Questions
    They approved straight away. (I should have asked for more)

Mid-Senior Level Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner in March 2013.

Vague, misleading, mostly done over the phone via the US and one or two meeting in person in Sydney/Brisbane. Over sold in the process, too many steps in the process.

Interview Questions
    • You don't ask enough questions. HR involvement was non existent, the managers questions were inappropriate at times.   Answer Question
    Painful, it took 3 days to get a few extra thousand dollars approved, then very underwhelmed with the offer. Wouldn't budge on adding a bonus component.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Had a phone interview with recruiter. Was invited out to Kansas City for experience Cerner day. They put me in a very nice hotel and treated us all well. About 20 candidates applying for the same position. Went on 2 30 minute interviews followed by a tour of campus.

Interview Questions
    • What's a time that you were not emotionally supported by a co-worker?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Software Developer Interview

hiring process was quit easy, they asked how to implement chess game using oops concept along with basic oops questions like polymorphism, abstraction, inheritance etc.. there were only 2 rounds 1 technical and 1 HR. all process went smoothly

Software Engineer Interview

A mix between behavioral questions and your experience with different languages. They asked questions that ranged from "Describe a time where you had to tell someone they were doing something wrong, and how did you approach them?" to "Give me a language where you have to manage your memory and one that you don't have to manage it"

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about debugging your code if a client brought up issues with the program.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

There were three rounds. The first round was a written test and the next two were technical face-to-face interviews. It went pretty fine. They asked questions from my areas of interest and oops concepts. Be good with the fundas.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Basic phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Went in for 2 30 minute interviews a month after phone interview. Most questions asked in the face to face interview were questions posted on glassdoor reviews

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't feel emotionally supported by a team member or coworker   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Team Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Met with three different managers to interview with. Each had a booklet of 'give me an example of a time when you..' questions and they didn't really deviate from the booklet. Afterwards I was given a tour of their client area to see some of the equipment in situ.

Interview Questions
    The language used by the staff is full of americanisms which was off putting.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

The Interview process is pretty moderate. First round is HR. Questions based on Resume such as Work Exp (if any) or Academic Projects and other some basic questions. Second Round is Technical. These both rounds are on Phone. If you clear these rounds then you get call for onsite interview. 2 one hr interviews based on behavioral and Technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • I still cleared first round and got selected for Technical Round. Still awaiting that.   Answer Question