Cerner Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.6

Employee Interview

Slow, Dis-organised. Managed out of India. background check by HireRight (read the reviews about this company)
    The process took over 5 weeks and I heard very little throughout this time from CERNER, I suspect they think the Kansas City Induction will fill in the gaps.

No negotiation

Mid-Senior Level Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cerner in March 2013.

Vague, misleading, mostly done over the phone via the US and one or two meeting in person in Sydney/Brisbane. Over sold in the process, too many steps in the process.

Interview Questions
    • You don't ask enough questions. HR involvement was non existent, the managers questions were inappropriate at times.   Answer Question
    Painful, it took 3 days to get a few extra thousand dollars approved, then very underwhelmed with the offer. Wouldn't budge on adding a bonus component.

Senior Analyst (Delivery Consultant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brisbane
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Cerner in November 2013.

Three interviews back to back

Interview Questions
    They approved straight away. (I should have asked for more)

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in October 2011.

Were very polished and polite in the interview process. Actually persuaded me to join their company instead of taking the already-existing offer from Oracle. They also came up on salary from 55k to 57k starting. I would say that, in retrospect, they are probably the smoothest company I've ever interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • It was tremendously easy. The most unexpected question was probably when they asked me to describe wiki technology and why it's useful.   Answer Question
    They came up a couple of thousand on salary because I had an offer elsewhere.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cerner.

out of 500 they shortlisted 130 candidates in the first aptitude round . it was so easy round . which consist of 6 to 8 aptitude questions more than 20 verbal and some of computer fundamentals .

then second round is hr round . they ask basic hr questions ( why , what , etc,.)

third round is the tec round, where they ask some puzzles and coding questions .

at last 10 people where selected.

Velocity Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cerner in February 2013.

Applied through website. Got an email from HR to schedule a phone interview. Asked basic questions on data structures and testing. Then got an email to interview on-site. 2 interviews on site; each around 1 hr. Many questions such as OO concepts, data structures; wrote a basic program (divide by 5, 7)... Many behavioral questions focusing on past experience.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate and you will get an increase.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cerner in September 2014.

Campus Recruitment - Intern position - Started with an Online Test which included Aptitude and Technical questions. The technical questions were mostly based on Software Engineering principles. Total of 50 questions in 60 minutes. 130 were shortlisted out of 450, and were sent for HR Interviews. Basic questions like why Cerner, why did you pursue engineering etc. Candidates clearing the HR round were sent for Technical Interviews. Questions ranging from Software Engineering concepts, basics of C/C++, data structures, OO concepts, projects, programming languages known and technologies worked on.

Interview Questions
    • Explain virtual functions and elaborate on how they help during object oriented programming.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

first round: online test, and it was very easy
    second round: HR... they will look in to communication skill and leadership quality by giving some situation and ask how will you manage that. only thing is be confident and calm.
    third round: immediately after HR round there will be technical round and will ask basic questions and ask about projects that you have mentioned in resume.

Intern Interview

Initially, there was an aptitude round consisting of 50 questions to be solved in 60 minutes. The questions were from Software Engineering, Aptitude and little bit of Electronics and OS. After that, there was a HR first and then Technical Round. There were eliminations after each round. Technical round consisted of questions like implement a chess board, sudoku etc. using oop concepts.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, It was a in campus offer,

Velocity Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cerner in July 2014.

The interviewer actually tested on OOPS concepts and how to implement the same for a game and also asked on stargeies used to test your code and how to go about debugging the saem .

Interview Questions

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!