Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep 2014

2.6

118 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Started with a phone-interview. Basic behavioral questions regarding goals and past experiences. Second interview was also by phone. Consisted of talking 1 on 1 with an engineer. Second interview had more technical questions compared to the first interview. The technical questions were pretty simple and should be information that most freshman in CS should know.

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cerner in September 2014.

Campus Recruitment - Intern position - Started with an Online Test which included Aptitude and Technical questions. The technical questions were mostly based on Software Engineering principles. Total of 50 questions in 60 minutes. 130 were shortlisted out of 450, and were sent for HR Interviews. Basic questions like why Cerner, why did you pursue engineering etc. Candidates clearing the HR round were sent for Technical Interviews. Questions ranging from Software Engineering concepts, basics of C/C++, data structures, OO concepts, projects, programming languages known and technologies worked on.

Interview Questions
    • Explain virtual functions and elaborate on how they help during object oriented programming.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

3 ROUNDS.1st HR,2nd Technical,3rd Technical.HR round was 2 mins but both technical rounds were 15-20 mins each.It varies,for me it was like this.Very cool interviewer and they treat you really well.Be confident and answer.Thats all.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cerner in August 2014.

Was a general telephonic HR interview.Waiting for next round.Faced number of questions regarding previous job experience,Agile methodologies, knowledge of testing, what do I do in free time,able to relocate or not?Domain of expertise

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cerner.

It includes both technical and behavior questions. About your achievements, strengths and weakness, what changes can you make etc.
    Checks overall skills in development and technology. It also evaluates your learning skills which is really valued and highly appreciated.

Software Engineer Interview

2 rounds of face to face technical interview. should be strong in concepts, technically bit sound. they provide you with various instances and test your analytical skills as well

My interview went for 2 hours , felt good

did not negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cerner.

Campus Interview in Bangalore, India. Day started with a company presentation. Then a 1 - 2 hr written test (aptitude test). Those who qualified the written test, there was a group discussion round with a group size of 10 - 15 students.
    A topic was given to discuss for 20 - 30 minutes with 2 of of company members present in the room but "not evaluating anything". At the end, each student was given time to summarize the discussion which was supposed to be evaluated by the company representatives. The filtered list of students the went for personal interview.
    Personal Interview was simultaneously with 3 people, one each from development, testing and HR. I was given time at the end to ask questions.
    At the end of the (very long) day, they declared the list of qualified candidates - 5 out of 300 odd people who originally sat for the written test and handed over a offer later with an estimated date of joining.

Interview Questions
    • For the personal interview: Simple engineering level questions around programming, like C++ Pointers, String reversal algorithm etc. were asked. They were more interested in seeing the approach rather than code with correct syntax. Interviewers were friendly and nice.

Strange Qs:The testing guy wanted to ask about prerequisites from the clients in a project. I explained but I guess he wanted to hear the word "Requirements", commonly used in software maintenance and testing. Probably was strange for me as I thought it to be only a software developer interview but they were also looking for software test engineers.
        View Answers (2)
    No Negotiation. Fixed amount already known to all undergraduates before the interview process began.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cerner in June 2014.

An aptitude round initially,Then a HR round and finally a technical round. The process was not very tough. Do the HR round well and be strong in basics for the technical round. The technical round did vary from person to person. Some had an hour long technical interview while some had a 10 min session. So be confident and answer everything assertively.

Interview Questions
    • Sudoku algorithm. Not very tough but this is the toughest they asked me.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Applied through Employee Referral. Process took two weeks. First round was a HR round and then got scheduled for a three hour Skype Interview with three teams. I was allowed to choose between Skype or Onsite Interview and i chose Skype. All the questions are posted here. Lots of behavioral questions. Questions on Resume. Waiting for an Answer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you trouble shooter and failed.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cerner.

Initial HR call: Within a week from application.
    Usual resume-related questions. Rate yourself in each known language, best project etc.
    Technical Phone call: Immediate week of the HR call
    Theory question related to databases; how to improve access speed, one technical data structure related question, design a structure for game of chess, questions related to debugging.

Interview Questions

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!