Charles Schwab Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

The process seems to be the same as many have noted before. Quick phone interview, longer on phone, more detailed with SAR questions. I am waiting for the next step which should be the on site interview.

Interview Questions
    • What accomplishment are you most proud of in your career?   Answer Question

Database Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in March 2014.

I had three phone calls before meeting the team in person. Two phone calls were with two managers and the third was a technical test over the phone with my manager. I then flew out to San Francisco for seven interviews with the team.

Interview Questions
    • Overall, there wasn't anything terribly unexpected or difficult. Standard questions.   Answer Question
    Non-existant

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in November 2013.

My referral had to prod HR to get them to interview me. Similar questions were ask as other reviews... Resume, previous challenges, etc. HR person told me he would be in touch with in a few days to set up the in house testing and followup interviews but never did call back. Schwab filled the position with a young man that they relocated from another state.

Interview Questions
    • Ask how Iyou would handle a situation that got out of control.   Answer Question

Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in January 2010.

I had 2 interviews, one with management and one with existing employees. Then I had a phone interview with senior management. The interview with management was behavioral in nature. The phone interview was where I was offered the job and I attempted to negotiate the salary at that point. They were not willing to consider any additional salary or bonus.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was if a peer was not performing the requirements of the job and making mistakes what would you do?   Answer Question
    They were unwilling to negotiate.

Associate Interview

Received a call from the recruiter and immediately they start asking salary questions be careful with that! They ask a lot of questions about possible scenarios of angry client's and how you handled. Be wary they offer amazing bonuses and over time. Neither is easily attained; bonus is paid in tiers depending on seniority, pay grade level, and extra roles you took. Overtime is offered twice a year and limited.

Interview Questions
    • Summarize the worse comment received by a manager   View Answer
    Terrible, they tell you they cannot negotiate. They lie, negotiate at least 10-13% more, that is their latitude

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Charles Schwab in May 2014.

Phone interview first. Asked lots of questions about myself and some situational questions.
    Next step is a math test and aptitude test. Must pass this to move forward.
    In person interview is next. They ask nothing but situational questions. Expect a panel of interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince someone to invest their money in a particular way?   Answer Question

Associate Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles Schwab in August 2014.

The process is just as it's been described by other interviewees, five minute phone screen, followed by a more in-depth hour long phone call with "tell me about a time when?" type of questions which should be answered in the STAR method. You will then be asked to come in and take the SIFMA exam, which if you can do basic arithmetic and answer logical word questions you will do fine.

Then there is the 2:1 manager interview on site. This is where my issues begin with this company and I hope someone from Schwab reads this in order to correct their mistakes. First off the person that I was told I would be interviewing with I didn't, which by my estimation is completely unprofessional. I'm the type that will go above an beyond to prepare for an interview so I had researched the individual that I was told I would interview with via social media in order to make small talk about his interests to exemplify just how passionately I wanted the position, which was obviously a waste of time. Then the two women (whom I didn't know their names or that they were going to be conducting the interview) showed up seven minutes late as I waited in the lobby like a schmuck. Schwab obviously thinks that its time is more valuable than mine. Upon doing the interview I exactingly, methodically dissected every question that they threw at me with poise, professionalism, energy, articulation and specificity. I ran circles around these women who were not professionally dressed or polished in any shape of the word. Their questions sounded like: "Name a time when, uuummm...., name a time when?" By the end of the interview I've never felt so confident about a position. However several hours later I received a call saying that they were not going to move forward with my application because there were candidates better suited for the position.

It's my perception from what I can gather that I was probably overqualified for the position. However they way overstate the qualifications because I had them all. I believe that they are looking for individuals who have less experience and are a little more moldable, and that's fine, however all I did during the interview was speak to my resume, which they had from the FIRST DAY of a month long process.

I think it's probably a great position for someone without experience and doesn't mind working potentially at 3:00 am on Christmas morning.

Registered Representative I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Charles Schwab in July 2011.

The hiring process is pretty standard. There are two phone interviews and an in person interview. If you apply to be in the broker trainee program you will also complete a math test. It is mostly behavioral questions.

No negotiation

Associate Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Charles Schwab.

Applied online, did an online questionnaire, an initial phone screening lasting about 15 minutes, and then an hour long phone interview after which I was asked to take the sifma assessment. I passed the exam which consisted of logic questions and some simple math questions. You are allowed a calculator and scratch paper for the exam. I was then called in to a face to face interview with 2 managers. This lasted about an hour and a half. I was contacted by my recruiter about 2 hours later about completing authorization forms for background and credit check. This has been a long process but waiting to hear back on the checks was the hardest part (three weeks). I received an email today saying they are ready to make an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were typical Star style questions and not that difficult if you follow the format. I had the hardest time with the logic test because you are not allowed to revisit a question once it is answered.   Answer Question

Derivative Analyst Interview

phone interview, I applied via the online site and had a phone interview that I thought went very well. I answered two situation questions "tell me about a time when" and then the recruiter ended the call. I did not get called in for an additional interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!