Charlotte Russe

Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Allen, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charlotte Russe.

Interview Details Hiring process was pretty quick. I was confident that i would get hired since it was the summer and they needed a lot of help. When i went for my interview, the hiring manager was very unorganized. I waited almost 30 minutes for an interview. On top of that, I dont think she was in dresscode either. She looked very basic/ plain, with a low cut tank top, jeans and sandals. She apologized and walked me to the back room. She interviewed me in the managers office. The questions were very short and simple. She only asked about 4 to 5 questions. I believe I got a callback a week later which is not bad considering Forever 21 did not call me to 2 months afterwards. My first was easy as well. It was a bunch of paperwork, quizzes & training videos. I wasn't hands on trained on the cash wrap til about a month later and thats only because i asked. Other that that its pretty simple and easy for advanement.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work for charlotte russe? Who do you look to for fashion inspiration? Are you outgoing or takes you a little while to warm up?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary was not up for negotiation. She told me all new hires get paid minimum wage. Basically take it or leave it. I was in college at the time, so what the heck.

Interviewed at Charlotte Russe

Interview Details group interview....if qualified....second interview is putting you on the sales floor to see how you work with customers and in a fast paced setting if its busy.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate

Interview Details Basic quick questions, Like what would you do if a Costumer-

Interview Question – What would you do if you see a costumer taking store merchandise ?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Charlotte Russe

Interview Details Went in and filled out and application. Got called in 1 week later. I was referred by the Assistant Manager

Interview Question – What would you if a potential group of shoplifters would come in the store?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandise Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in October 2009.

Interview Details I walked into the store and asked for an application, i filled it out and was called 2.5 weeks later for a group interview. I was amazed that assistant manager that called me explained every detail of the interview process to me. She explained it would be a group interview, she gave me an idea of what questions to expect from the manager, how to dress, when to show up at the store, and that the store would be closed because the interview was at 7am, she also explained we would be able to walk around the store and get comfortable and ask questions about the floor layout if we had never worked in retail. She was extremely helpful and I was glad they gave me a heads up as to the interview being a group setting. I did research online about the company and had a clear idea of their expectations and company background.

Interview Question – Since I had never worked in retail I was thrown off by some specific retail questions. I would advise speaking to someone who works in retail or do some research online to have a clear idea of what specific jobs duties this specific company expects from you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate pay rate because I was hired on as a Seasonal employee and the rate was already determined by HR.

Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in October 2013.

Interview Details I saw a sign for a new store opening and applied at the Charlotte Russe in the mall. It took about a week to get am interview. The interview was three girls and the manager. She asked what is customer service, what do you look for when you shop and what trends do you like. The interview was very shirt and a few days later I was offered a position. The interview depends on the individual. I was just lucky to have a laid-back interviewer who only asked three questions and the rest just talked about off subject things. Just be yourself and contribute to the conversation and ask questions.

Interview Question – What trends/styles do you like?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

Interviewed at Charlotte Russe

Interview Details Sell a complete outfit with accessories.

Interview Question – Questions are basic and common, like "Sell a complete outfit with accessories."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Grandville, MI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in April 2013.

Interview Details I got a call to come in the next day for my interview. I wore black skinny jeans, and a button down with a sweater, highlighted with a simple golden skull bracelet. The questions they asked me were basic interview questions, but my interviewer actually put away the scripted questions that he was supposed to ask me and just got to know me as a person. I think that only happened because we both happened to be gay men lol.

Interview Question – Describe your fashion and how does your fashion influence others?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Torrance, CA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in September 2013.

Interview Details no interview , was referred to

Interview Question – wasnt really difficult had a prior interview in another company   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Charlotte Russe in March 2012.

Interview Details I turned in an application around January, and they called me around March to do an interview with them. I didn't know it was a group interview so I was intimidated knowing I didn't have any experiences yet. The manager asked us in order, and we answered orderly. After that she took all of us in into the store and told us to plan an outfit and sell it to them. I'm pretty in touch with the fashion side so it wasn't hard for me. They want to see if you can sell, what kind of personality you have and also if you have fashion sense. After like 10 minutes into walking out of the store, they called me right away telling me I was hired.

This was from our old manager, when we had a new one, she didn't do all of those things anymore. She did one on one interviews with people who have retail experience.

Interview Question – What your experiences are, what you can contribute/do to help the store, how you're going to assist the customers.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Charlotte Russe