Cheesecake Factory Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr 2015

2.5

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Very professional, yet very laid back. Assistant Managers/ GMs were very friendly. Made you feel extremely comfortable. 3 interviews all together. Phone, 1:1 then a final 1:1. With the final basically explaining my training. Of deterred me the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I could've negotiated but they gave my whatever I put on my job application

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (London, England (UK)).

Interview

pretty basic. very good impression of company. took the time to explain and answer questions. professional. offered me lunch and food to take home to my family after the interview was over.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

My interview was no longer than 10 minutes. Told the hiring manager about myself and my past experiences. Very simple and easy interview! I was later hired, and joined the earliest training which was super fun and interactive. There is a ton to learn menu wise, but they really try to make this a fun working experience.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Very thorough interview process and with the right staff members. They wanted to make sure I was fit from a personality perspective to ensure I can be successful in this culture.

Baker/Host/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Lincolnshire, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and 3 days later I got a call to come in for and interview with the manager. After about a 15 min interview, the manager asked if I could come back for a second interview with the general manager. I ended up coming back and after speaking with the general manager, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the cheesecake factory? Describe previous work experience. How did you deal with an upset customer at your previous job?   Answer Question

Desserts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Hackensack, NJ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

very brief i was surprise how easy it was, the interviewer was nice, but i was nervous i like the experience of the place i was a great place to work in, try to be as honest as you can
    i think the starting wage was very low. talk about your past working experience

Baker/Host/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

Very easy basic questions
    Easy to answer and understand
    They were very helpfull explainning the procces of trainning and orientation,they also offer a nice 100% dinning experience at tine of hiring.they will supply shrits uniforms except for shoes.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Richmond, VA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position about a week before receiving a phone call. Over the phone, I was asked a few brief questions in regards to my availability (to come in) and why I wanted to work for the company. I was then asked to come in the following afternoon to be interviewed by the person who interviewed me over the phone, who also happens to be the assistant store manager. She was very friendly in her tone, while also being straight forward, which to me is ALWAYS a good indicator.

Upon meeting with her, I was asked a couple of questions in reference to how you think, almost like a personality test, but with the exception of getting your results. These questions in my opinions were simple to answer, because you have no choice but to be honest - literally. Because based on how you respond to these questions would determine whether or not you were consistent and/or honest. I exchanged responses for about 10-15 minutes, which ended with her setting me up for a second interview the next morning with the store manager.

The following morning, I met up with the store manager, and he was just as wonderful. Well mannered, very laid back but remained professional in the same aspect. It was rather refreshing! He asked me about previous employers, previous duties, and why I left them. Basically explaining to me that he is offering me the position, and then explained the positions to me. I also got to learn a little bit more about how the system is set up

In both interviews, I felt I could relate to both persons, which was wonderful. I think I will greatly enjoy working here! My advice to anyone is to be genuine, honest, and show that you are interested in the company as well as other people.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with someone who was overbearing? How would you approach that person?   Answer Question
    • What are some pros and cons of working at a fast pace?   Answer Question
    • If someone felt that you were overbearing, how you would handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything else you want me to know about you before we stop?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory (Richmond, VA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Standard process. Talking about your prior experience and situation based questions. Prepare yourself for some regular restaurant server questions and be confident. Pretty straightforward. Interviewed with two managers and one assistant general manager.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a menu item, scenario based questions such as how did you exceeded a guest's expectations, what would you do if you saw that a plate coming out of a kitchen doesn't look right.   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview

I applied for the advertised position online, it took a couple of weeks for them to call me, but once they did, they asked me to come in for an interview. I had two in person interviews, one was with a floor manager and the second was with the GM of the store. Both interviews were fairly laid back, mostly conversational but focusing on what customer service means to you.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the most popular dish at your previous restaurant in detail.   1 Answer