Cheesecake Factory

Updated 27 Oct 2014
Updated 27 Oct 2014

2.5

General Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

stress importance of people, profit, and culture. refer to specific examples. Mentoring, love to teach others, etc.

Interview Questions
    • questions about "how____ you are?' 1-10   View Answer
    internal, so no negotiation

Server Or Bar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Babylon, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Babylon, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in October 2014.

They ask you a lot of questions on what you would do in certain situations, so be prepared for that. That are looking for young adults to work, I saw no one at the interviews for a new cheesecake factory in bayshore ny, over 30.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most cautious thing you would do in a situation? No clue, because I really didn't understand the question on what he was trying to ask? Some of the questions were fine & I could give answers, others really made you think, again be prepared. I got the interview because I applied online, then had phone interview, then a one on one. I think the job would be great for a kid who will have the stamina for this kind if training & then working hard for the company. Corporate comes with it's own set of rules, which for a young person, is fine.   Answer Question

Too corporate for my taste, 7 days of training and I got a better offer somewhere else on my terms.

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Applied online. Did not get a call back for about a month or two. Had two interviews. One with a regular manager and the second with the general manager. Was offered the position on the spot and started training the following week. Have currently been at my location for a year and a half.

Kitchen Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2014.

Scheduled a phone interview through a recruiter. The cheesecake representative did not call at the scheduled time. Reset time with recruiter for another day, and cheesecake rep cancelled it half an hour before scheduled time and rescheduled for later that evening, then did not call that evening. Reset interview again with recruiter, and finally got interview the following week. Agent was rather rude, non-apologetic, and personality free.

Steward Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in September 2014.

Applied online. Took about 2 weeks to get a brief phone interview with two of the Kitchen Managers and it went well enough to be invited to a face to face with him a few days later. The initial face to face was pretty much a get to know each other type meeting and an overview of the position I was applying for. I was asked to come back the next day to meet with the General Manager and Executive Kitchen Manager. This interview was very detailed and in depth. Covered everything from my past employment/experiences, why I wanted to join the CCF, etc...They told me they had to interview some other candidates and if I got the job I would hear back in three days or less. After hearing that, I assumed I didn't get the job but at the end of the third day, The EKM called and offered me the job. Everyone I interview with was very nice and welcoming and really promoted CCF culture and how much their staff are taken care of. Very busy and efficient operation with a strong management core.

Interview Questions
    • One question that was unexpected is "Do you like to cook at home?" If you say yes, expect to tell them the dish and how you prepare it in detail. It took me by surprise since my position has nothing to do with actual cooking or prepping   Answer Question
    no negotiation. I was offered more than I expected and more than what I was originally was told since it was such a demanding position.

Corporate Office Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Interview process was very quick, found recruiter and HR to initially be very friendly and outgoing. Was not given an offer, was told a timeline that was not followed for a decision, but the worst was despite asking both recruiter and hiring manager for feedback on decision, was completely ignored. No return call or email.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable working for an extremely demanding person. Interview overall was very easy, no overly difficult questions.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

The first step was completing an application on the company's website. This consisted of a regular information and background sheet, as well as a timed personality and capability quiz. Once completed, the next step was being contacted for a phone interview. This interview was brief, maybe 3 questions or so. It felt like mostly an opportunity for the manager to feel out your personality. Next was a scheduled in person interview with your workgroup manager. This interview was the most intense, but nothing too overwhelming. Typical questions were asked, such as, "tell me about your previous restaurant experience", and, "tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult guest". At the end of this interview, you will either be told that they will call you if they decide to push you through, or they will set up a second interview for you with the General Manager. The final interview with the GM is brief, and if the GM approves of you, you will be told that day that you have the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the entire process was the capability quiz you take online. This consists of reasoning questions, along with math problems. Some are easy, but others are much harder than expected.   Answer Question

Baker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory.

Large group of people, asked questions on what they like to do, what they like, what skills they have... I applied for hosted & they hired me as a baker.

Interview Questions
    • Having to memorize the dessert menu & the ingredients of each dessert.   Answer Question

Host Interview

I applied online after I saw an ad. After I completed the application I waited a week until I got a call back. I came in for an interview and spoke with two managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed. I found this difficult because I had to express a flaw which I did not want to expand on or go into detail in fear I would ruin my chance of getting the job.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cheesecake Factory in May 2014.

Called in for first interview, was asked basic questions. "What was a difficult moment you had at a previous job?", "Why do you think you would enjoy working here?", "What do you have to offer as an employee here?", etc. Called in for a second interview but was only asked about previous experience, then hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were pretty straight forward, nothing too difficult.   Answer Question
    Pay is non-negotiable for servers.