Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 18, 2014
Updated Aug 18, 2014
36 interviews

Registered Nurse Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Reached out to a friend in the department I was interested in, general application online, pending tasks, video interview, acceptance to new rn talent pool, and now waiting. About a week between all steps but now in the pool for over a month

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you worked with someone who was different than you?   Answer Question
    Need to be persistent and contact a recruiter almost weekly.

IT Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview process was simple and efficient. Compensation as Recruiter did not provide enough information about the organization. I believe that recruiter should be more forthcoming about painting the truew picture within the org for compensation.He was kind of pushy about settling the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Compensation as Recruiter did not provide enough information about the organization   Answer Question

Registrar Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in July 2014.

PART TIME REGISTRAR CARDIOLOGY
    I filled out the application online and a couple of weeks later, I got an email to fill out a form to schedule a phone interview.

I did the phone interview. It was very simple. All I had to know is what I was worth and my skills and experiences. The interviewer told me that she thought I am a great candidate and she was going to send my resume and info to the Hiring Manager.
    I got a phone call from the talent acquisitions person. She scheduled an in person interview with me and I was set!

The in person interview was very informal. I arrived early and the person wasn't even there yet. I am new to Philadelphia, so I wanted to make sure I knew where I had to go. I got there 15 mins early. I was always told being early is never bad. It's being late that you want to watch out for. Anyways, she didn't really ask me anything. She told me about the position and then we talked. Whenever I would try to highlight my experiences and my past jobs and things like that, she would try to veer off somewhere else. She asked me if I was interested in Full time and not just part time. I told her I would be happy with either. She then started to tell me about the other divisions that need help and she thought I would be a great person in their areas and not just hers. She said she has a great judge of character and that she wanted me to meet with her manager the following week. She told me she would email me to talk about a good day and time.

I got home and not even 3 hours later, I get an email from the Talent Acquisitions person saying I did not get the job and they found someone better and blah blah blah....I was completely dumbfounded!

I am going to wait a couple of days and then I will call the person I interviewed with since I don't have an email for her. Today is Monday. I am hoping still that maybe they want me in a different department and that I just got a denial for this certain position. I feel really let down because she made it sound like she really wanted me and the interview wasn't even formal! I dressed to the nines that day and I was ready for all the serious questions, but to me in a way, they already made a decision before I got there. IF that was the case, they should have let me know and not wasted my time.

BTW...there were no tests I took. So that made me also think something was off. No typing test or anything!
    Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me!

Research Technician Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview, computer project via matlab. I was told I was at "the top of the list" through my adviser/reference. However, a few weeks later they never called and began ignoring my emails.

Office Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

My interview took place over two days; each day I met with two different people. The interview went smoothly and everyone was very friendly and easy to talk to. The question that kept coming up for me was that I was "over qualified," so why would I want this position?

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing really unexpected about the interview. I was asked multiple times about my qualifications being greater than the demands of the position, but that was all.   Answer Question

Information Service Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Applied for the position. They will contact you back by email. They will ask you to make an appointment for phone interview. After that, if you passed the phone interview, they will contact you back for in-person interview at Children Hospital.

Interview Questions
    • What is your future goal?
      What did you learn from mistake?
        Answer Question

Clinical Staff Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in May 2014.

Phone screen, then 5 weeks of interviews with various team members. Comprehensive questions, tour of facility. All team members were friendly, honest and informative. Staff are certainly concerned about ringing the best candidate aboard to work with the children they serve.

Office Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in September 2011.

Call from a recruiter / Face-to-face interview / Job offer / Background check (6-weeks) / New employee orientation / In job. CHOP is very thorough in performing the proper background and education checks. If you want a good paying job, it may be worth the wait if you're progressing through the hiring stages.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time made a mistake on the job and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in May 2014.

I applied and the process took about 5 weeks. I got a call for a phone screening (interview from a recruiter) and it lasted for about 20mins. I was scheduled for an in person interview 3 weeks after. It was a panel interview and very professional. It lasted for about an hour. I did some assessment upon arrival before the interview, nothing unexpected. Everyone there was very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing expected. Why CHOP? How would you handle an aggressive patient?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in June 2010.

Human resources department is not organized and not approachable. The rest of the experience was great!

Reasonable

Worked for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia? Contribute to the Community!