Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics

Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Interview Questions

Updated 19 Mar 2015

3.1

Library Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The format was fine. There was a three person interview and tour, one and a half hours long. The length of the interview was difficult due to not getting a moment to really think and refocus after such a long series of questions.

Everyone was really nice.

I think that one thing that they should give is feedback on how a person could improve their interview skills.
    They have amazing benefits package, and IS a very competitive place to attempt to get a position. I was one of about four people that was interviewed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

It was a video interview, you answer five multiple choice questions and then answer five questions on video. You are shown the question and get 30 seconds of prep time and up to 3 minutes of answer time. It made me more nervous to be recorded than I would be with a person.

In the email it said it would take a few weeks to hear back if they were considering you for a position.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

Applying online is relatively easy, same procedures as most hospitals.

The interview process takes a long time to even start. Initial contact from HR took months yet I had over 5 years of pediatric experience. I received a random phone call one day from HR requesting an interview. The process now includes a self recorded initial interview which I find impersonal plus current employees are not exempt.

The actual interview itself was fine. Normal interview questions were asked and I was a given tour. This tour seemed nice but felt like I was being paraded around. I was introduced to staff which felt awkward but everyone was nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you dealt with a difficult coworker or family; how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non existent. You were essentially given an amount and expected to accept or reject.

PT/OT Aide Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

make sure to follow up with recruiters..they are very helpful and call back with additional information on the orientation process. Make sure to follow up with your interest level as they get a lot of applications.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job? What do you not like about your current manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a higher salary and they came back to me with a new offer

CNA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

Starts with the online application, then video interview, and personal interview. The video interview is very simple, they only ask about 9 questions from which like 3 or 4 are recorded video and the rest is typing.

Interview Questions

• The questions were actually not that difficult. They covered professional and personal information as well as how you react in a certain type of situation.
      The only aspect I did not like about the experience is that, to the moment, I have not confirmation of whether I got the job or not.

Answer Question

Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (Kansas City, MO (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online, I had a fairly quick response. I did a video interview, that went well. I received an email thanking me for my interest. 3 months later I have a face to face interview with 2 of the hiring managers!

Interview Questions

• What has been one of the biggest challenges you have faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in October 2014.

Interview

Have not been hired yet. I applied online, got quick response to be invited to do video interview (to be completed within 48 hours. Then, next day I got quick response to video interview saying my application was forwarded onto hiring manager for consideration. FINGERS CROSSED! :):):):):) BEST HOSPITAL IN KC, MO!

Interview Questions

• Was no hard or difficult questions. The only unexpected part was the video interview, because I had never done one before! :) Overall GREAT experience, was nervous for the interview for nothing!   Answer Question

Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Interview

Filed out online application, got an email two days later asking that I do a video interview within 48 hrs. It's not with an hr person on the other side of the screen. You get to practice by answering some random questions that hr won't see. You tape your responses and the hr person will review on their own time. I was asked 5 multiple choice questions (what days/shifts are you available) that I didn't have to tape a response for, just click for your response. Then I was asked to respond on video about a time that was stressful, what I thought employers should offer their employees in the workplace, and give an example of your organization skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were stressed in the workplace   Answer Question

Security Officer II Transportation Interview

Interview

Interview and Hiring Process can be lenghting, be patient and conduct follow up inquiries.
    This company is very much into customer service friendly environment (Children Hosptial).
    I was hired and have been working for any years.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions where pretty standard questions. Nothing to complicated.   Answer Question

Staff Nurse Interview

Interview

Very hard to get on here unless you know someone. I called and called for months before I just called HR myself to set up an interview.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult or unexpected questions during the interview.   Answer Question