Choice Hotels Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ

Updated 24 Sep 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Choice Hotels.

The Interview was a straight process. A HR phone interview and then an on-site interview. It was a nice interview. The whole interview process took about a week i would say. The on-site interview was interesting.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was unique. They showed me the problems they are having and asked me to tell them how i can tackle them and why i am the perfect candidate keeping the resume as a reference.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst I Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Choice Hotels in May 2014.

Had an initial screening with the HR over the phone. Then, I was called for an on-site interview. I got a call from the company 10 days after I applied online. Scheduled the interview the next and got the offer, the subsequent day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such. Just know your resume well. Most of the questions were from the resume. Then, "why should we hire you?"   Answer Question
    The pay was competitive considering the location. So, I did not negotiate.

IT Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Choice Hotels in October 2013.

It took about 3 months to get the final result. I talked to them on university recruiter and had on campus interview with them. There was 2 interviewer, questions based on behavior questions. 3 weeks later, got a email from them to have an final interview/lunch.

Interview Questions
    • what is your favor music on your ipad. (Not sure how am I suppose to answer this question)   Answer Question

Search & Affiliate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Choice Hotels in August 2012.

Painful and very very long. Initial app direct thru company website. 30 min HR screening interview ok. Subsequent interview with SVp arranged which was then cancelled at 15 minutes notice and was advised job was on hold. Heard back following week and rearranged. Met with HR and SVP remotely for v brief (25 min meeting). A month later after various mis-communications and ignored time requests was invited back for another meeting with numerous managers, VPs. 2 hours. My performance in this meetign was not great. Mitigating circumstance was that there were 5 people (some of whom were pleasant and courteous) in the room and one remote by video. Finally there was a phone interview with yet another SVP where I was asked a series of banal and irrelevant Qs. Weeks then passed. I enquired as to status twice and was advised "2/3weeks". During one of these periods I met a Choice employee at a conference who described the place as "F-d up". A further enquiry in early October was met with a 3-4 week estimate. I called after 4 weeks and was told they had offered the job to another candidate. This whole process took 5 months. I don't object to not being hired - I didn't interview all that well - but their whole approach was arrogant, inconsiderate of the candidate and completely dysfunctional. I'm not certain I wld have accepted if it had been offered having been dicked about so much. In short, not recommended.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with attribution for non branded search ( or something)   Answer Question