Cigna

Updated 19 Nov 2014
Updated 19 Nov 2014

2.9

Disability Claims Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cigna.

The interview consisits of behavioral type questions. Make sure you identify what you have specifically done to determine the outcome of each question asked. Make sure you always say I!

not really flexible

TECDP Interview

45 minute in person standard behavioral interview with one recruiter followed by a 1-hour phone interview with two recruiters. Both interviews were fairly similar, and there seemed to be a very strong focus on seeing if you are a fit for the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you have used technology to solve a complex problem.   Answer Question

Technology Early Career Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

First started with a behavioral review. Pretty straight forward. Practice you responses for "Tell of a time when...." questions.
    Second round interviews start with a dinner with project managers and at least one other TECDP candidate. The next day there are four sessions: behavioral interview (again), 5 minute presentation of a technical project you have done, technical case discussion, and group project. It's a long day, try to relax and be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you regretted sharing a creative idea with a group.   Answer Question

Claims Processor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna in November 2014.

Submitted online app on Taleo. Contacted by recruiter two days later. Phone interview set up two days after. Typical phone interview. A member of Cigna management will make the next contact to set up face to face interview if interested.

Interview Questions
    • Wouldn't be the question. It was the info about the job screening. Company does nicotine screening.   View Answer

Managed Care Rotational Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna in November 2014.

I was contacted by email to set up a time for a phone interview, which was scheduled for a couple of days after the email. During the phone conversation, I spoke with the HR rep who contacted me and a current associate in the program. The conversation lasted about 15 minutes. No more communication has been had since the phone interview but it was stated that the process was in the early stages. Seemed promising but unsure...

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us more about your experience listed on your resume.   Answer Question

TECDP Program Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cigna in November 2014.

First round of interviews on campus - second round at one of their offices. They put you up in a hotel, you get a nice dinner out of it. 4 different sessions for the second interview - group activity, one on one interview, case study on something you select (e.g. java, .net, sql) and a pre-prepared presentation on a project you've worked on. Not an exceptionally difficult interview, actually a pretty fun experience.

Interview Questions
    • One of the one on one questions asked about a time when you set 'stretch-goals' and recevied reporting feedback from whomever you set the goals for. (leadership position type question)   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cigna in November 2014.

I was at their office for their final interview, which consists of a presentation and 2 rounds of interview. First thing I notice is that the entire office does not have a single minority male. It seems like hiring some old minority females will fill more of their diversity/protected class quotas more efficiently. They asked basic behavioral questions and some analytical questions. They will ask simple arithmetic questions and some slightly harder analytical questions. I got all the analytical questions correct. Apparently, hardly anyone get some of the analytical questions correct. Which led me to believe I would have an advantage since I got the questions right. No offer.

Operation Leadership Program Interview

You will first get contact you through phone then you will schedule web interview. The conference call / web interview will be with a moderator and an interviewer.. then they will then let you know if you move on to the next step which requires more interviews with other members of cigna

Interview Questions
    • Describe situations where...
      You had to work with someone you didn't like?
      You criticized a system?
      Etc
        Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

First round interview was a phone interview with basic behavioral questions. Second round interview I was brought onto their campus. Consisted of one 1 hour interview, 3 45 min interviews, and a lunch.

Interview Questions
    • A train left station A going 20 mph, and at the same time a train left station B going 15 mph. A bird sat on top of train A and started flying at 40 mph as soon as train A left. The bird flew to train B, then back to train A, then back to train B, and so on, until the two trains met. The track is 70 miles long. How many miles did the bird fly?   Answer Question

Sales Academy Interview

I had a phone interview with them. Still in the process of waiting to hear back to advance in the next round. The final round would be in Florida but I will not find out until a few months from now if I advanced into the next round.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to make an unpopular decision.   View Answer