Cigna

Updated 21 Jan 2015
Updated 21 Jan 2015

2.9

RN Case Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

Phone interview first. 5 days later gotta call for my second interview. The first interview asked about why i left previous job. Questions about my previous jobs that related to interviewing position. The phone interview was very pleasant. The interview was based in Maryland. I applied for Philly position.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

There was an initial phone interview with a job recruiter, and within a week, a 1x1 face to face interview was scheduled with the hiring manager for the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Share an experience where you failed and what you learned from it   Answer Question

Market Research Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna.

Initial phone screen with recruiter, then 30-minute phone screen with hiring manager. That was followed by an onsite interview with the manager and 3 peers. Each told me about their role on the team and what they envisioned for role for which they were hiring.

Interview Questions
    • The team had been burned before by someone whose actual experience didn't live up to their claims. The manager asked me to look at some output of descriptive statistics from a quantitative study and describe what the output meant. One peer had me read a summary of focus group results and list pertinent highlights. Another peer asked me to role play a meeting with an internal client regarding their research project needs. It was a little intense, but perfectly reasonable for what the job required.   Answer Question

Claims Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

One was a phone interview and and another was a face to face--- both interviewers were pleasant. HR from PA calls first and then a manager from the office calls and schedules. Most people have 3 interviews with the last being a panel interview. This all happens in a two to three week time span.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, the application assessment was the most difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was done.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview was short and just asked scenario questions about how well you work with others and how you handle dissatisfied customers. They did not explain the functions of the job clearly.

Interview Questions
    • can you describe a time you made an disgruntle customer happy.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase

Client Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Cigna.

Knowledge of insurance in general. Who you know in Broker / Consultant community. What is your background. Meetings with various team members and upper level managers. Explain your past roles and what you can offer to the team and client base you would assume in the near future.

Interview Questions
    • Speak to a challenge where you overcame a negative and had a successful outcome.   Answer Question

Managed Care Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cigna.

I was granted a first round interview through my University on-campus recruiting. It was a 2:1 interview with a general recruitment manager and someone from the specific team I would be on. They first gave me an overview of the position and then questions were pretty typical--walk me through your research experience, etc. The interviewers were very kind but I did notice one making eyes when I messed up some names... All and all, the first round interview was easy but I will admit I was highly underprepared and botched it so that was a bummer.

Make sure you know the name of the position/where you'd like to be located/what specifically attracts you to Cigna. It seems like they're also really looking for poise.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult, but unexpected: They asked me where I would want to be located and I hadn't remembered all the locations...   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cigna.

I went online to apply 2weeks later I got a call from HR went to interview got called back for a second. Went to second interview got the job and started 2weeks later after the drug and background check.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cigna.

Filled out an application online. Was contacted in about a week by phone. Was asked about my availability, why i was interested in the position, and if i was looking for full time work. Was told she would share my information with the hiring manager and would contact me if she wanted to move forward. About a week after that i was contacted to schedule an interview. Note that since the recruiter is not local they will not know exactly how things are at a certain location. I was told to go to the security desk, show my id, and tell them i had an appointment with the underwriting specialist. When i arrived there, there wasn't a security desk and not alot of insight of where to go. I thought i was going to miss the interview but luckily a young lady assisted me with finding my way. The recruiter stated i was going to have two separate interviews with the director and specialist. I ended up having one interview with three managers all together. First they introduced themselves, told their roles and how long they had been with the company. Then asked me to tell them about myself and go through my resume. I was asked questions about excel (what functions ive used), when was a time i had to make decisions as i went along, how would i think decisions are made to determine risks, how did i think they determined risk in an employer setting. Described the position and asked what exactly i felt would give me trouble about the position. Overall, it was a good experience. My interview was today so I'm not sure if i will get an offer or not so I answered no offer. I just wanted to get my review out to fellow interviewers while it was fresh on my mind!

Interview Questions
    • If I sale a product for $100 and 10% sales tax is included how much would it cost   View Answer

Medical Records Processor Interview

Initial interview was through a Temp Service. I was scheduled for interview with temp service within two day. The interview was basic information about the job I would be interviewing with Cigna It took three weeks to get an interview scheduled with Cigna. Arrived early and still had to wait 10 minutes after time of interview. I Interviewed with two people basically giving me the same information about the job as the temp service already gave.

Interview Questions
    • Asked three situational questions. Very specific including how you handle conflict with coworkers, give example of how you solved a problem in your last job, and give example of good organizational skills you used in the past.   Answer Question