Cintas

Relevance Date Difficulty

First Aid/Safety Outside Sales Position Interview

First Aid/Safety Outside Sales Position
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cintas in July 2014.

Interview Details Spoke to a recruiter who was Awful at returning calls and didnt appear to be very bright. Finally I was asked to block out 7@m-12 Noon from my day for the interview process. I was truly amazed that they wanted me to show up at 7@m for a 5 hr process so I almost didnt show up. I went ahead and Arribes at 6:45@m to locked doors at the HQ. I was let in by an employee and took a seat in the waiting área. I was told that I would meet with 9 people ranging from Directors to Regional Sales Managers. The first interview was with 3 sales mgrs from different areas of the midwest. I felt like I Did very well and had several good questions that they answered sufficiently. That took 45 min so they took me back to waiting room Where I Sat for 10 min. The Regional Mgr came to get me and we went to the Directors Office. I felt really good about that hr Long session as well. They whisked me back to the waiting área Where I Sat for 15 min. At that point I am starting to get hungry knowing I have 3 more hrs of interviews. I then meet with 3 Midwest Mgrs in A room off the cafeteria. Everyone I am Meeting with are in their late 20's to early 30's. They kept stressing the corporate culture and how imoortant it is as well as the emphasis of veo g part If a Team. Finally after 4 hrs I finally Met with the final 3 people all Mgrs out of Chicago and at that point I was Slap happy. I walked out that day thinking what in the World Did I just go through. I called the recruiter a few days later and she told me that they are going in a different direction. Its my assumption that Cintas is Looking for young professionals whom they can train and mold into their culture. They are NOT interested in someone with 17 yrs sales experience who could Drive revenue and be an asset. Oh and they also want You to bring in all of your awards, trophys, emails of praise, etc ie Brag Book which I thought was rather cheesey. I have been very successful and I value compensation for my hard work NOT measley crystal paper weights and Such.

Interview Question – Pretty much all Star Formar. What was your greatest sale?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Document Imaging Specialist Interview

Document Imaging Specialist
Hazelwood, MO (US)

I interviewed at Cintas in August 2012.

Interview Details not a very detailed process they hired most people that applied to this job. they wanted a hard worker but sifted through people after they were hired.the job was very repetitive and alot of people who seemed good for it could not do it well.

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
Denver, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cintas in August 2014.

Interview Details I was recruited off of LinkedIn for the Management Trainee position in Denver, CO. I had a phone interview with the recruiter. An in person interview with the HR director, and in person interview with the office manager, and an in person interview with the General Manager. The questions are all STAR based and pretty much repeat from person to person.
Overall, the company and position is super corporatey-cheesy. It seriously reminded me of this corporate cheesy restaurant I worked at. I knew that the job was not going to be for me but went along with the process anyway (which worked out, because I did not get an offer). They are looking for new or soon to be grads who have no office experience, but are willing to work their butts off day and night for little money. The work is hard, gross and long hours. Every time I left their offices, I thought to myself "I did not go to college to pick up people's dirty laundry, restaurants disgusting rags and starbuck's moldy milk towels..." Truly, as a "manager" you do those things. Ask questions about exactly what your job duties will be, I think you will be surprised. Every single interviewer asks about safety so be prepared to have a safety answer. EX: What does safety mean to you and how do you follow it in your current position? Tell me a time when a coworker was being unsafe and how did you react?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you did not meet a deadline? Tell me a time when you had to work with a negative coworker.   Answer Question

First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative Interview

First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details The person that set the appointment sent a stand in. Must of not looked at her itinerary. Then promises to let you know in 1-2 weeks, then never corresponds even after multiple attempts to find some answers. Just give me closure so I can move on.

Interview Question – What was the reason you left your last employer?   View Answer

Service Sales Representative Interview

Service Sales Representative
DFW, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details Be ready for a Long Process ...... My process was 6 interviews long over 2 months starting with a phone interview with a military recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager at the location, then a face to face interview with the Hiring Manager, Then a Ride Along, Then a Face to face interview with the sales manager, Then finally lunch with the Sales manager and GM of the location. The only time during the process I felt on the ropes about the job is when they started asking a lot of questions about my Reserve duties and responsibilities in the military ( the hiring Manager seemed to not be okay with my military duty but the GM was all for me being in the Military ) . Tips- wear a nice shirt and tie no bluejeans, Be ready to close and make a sale on a pen or stapler, do your research on Cintas, and make sure you can sale yourself and how they would benefit from hiring you. Other than that stay motivated and be a peoples person. Confidence and kindness goes a long way. They want people that can build and maintain relationships with costumers for a long time.

Interview Question – None really that difficult. questions are similar to " What is something that you have done to improve safety at work." and " tell me about a time you had to go out of your way for a customer "   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, take it or leave it.

Scholar Interview

Scholar

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details The process seems complicated and structured. There will be one phone screen interview and three in-person interviews. Dress professionally. Normally, Human Resources Manager will do the first screening interview. The last one is conducted by the general manager. I thought they would ask question but they did not. They will ask you many situations in which you have to put your skills and knowledge in every answer. Do short answer with powerful word

Interview Question – If there is fire in the company, what would you do?   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details Applied online and was contacted 3-4 days later. I actually received the voice mail a week later after I returned from vacation. They called two weeks later after I figured they had filled the position and scheduled an interview. Interview went well with HR manager and expected a call back. Did not call, did not send default email saying position has been filled.

Interview Question – Pretty generic questions that are done for screening interviews   Answer Question

First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative Interview

First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cintas.

Interview Details Called the GM, who got me in contact with the Sales Manager. Called him and set up interview appointments. Went in for a boiler-plate interview with those dreaded canned questions. Was called a week later and offered the job.

Interview Question – "Why are you looking to change careers?"   Answer Question

FS Sales Representative Interview

FS Sales Representative
Austin, TX (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in April 2010.

Interview Details you will have 5 interviews minimum. HR. Sales Manager, Sales Director, Sales VP, plus a field ride. Make sure you dress to impress because it is a uniform company and image is very important. Focus on how you can help bring results.

Interview Question – just show confidence and dress to impress   View Answer

Negotiation Details – didn't have one but should negotiate base salary if you have a leg to stand on.

Office Worker Interview

Office Worker
San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cintas in January 2013.

Interview Details You apply online on their website. Then they call you to schedule. Diana is from HR, real nice. You speak with manager and then with the general/branch manager. Then manager again.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer calls to complain.   View Answer

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!