Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
1,107 Interview Reviews

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2010.

What do you know about Cisco? What are the future technology transitions? How do you manage customer expectations? What is your communication style?Tell me about a situation where you had to manage a difficult situation? What did you do?

Senior Manager Interview

atleast 5 rounds of interviews, many follow up conversations, need to chase the HR team often, interviews are courteous and professionally handled, whole process takes forever to complete, salary negotiation can take some time

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2010.

Process involved a number of interviews and panel interviews. In total there were 9 interviews I had been shortlisted for a number of positions during this time however interview requirements were similar for commercial and enterprise account management roles. Panel based interview and presentation undertaken on perception of target market and positioning of Cisco to ascertain candidates knowledge of Cisco's go-to-market strategy. Interview process was designed to be direct and at same time fair to the candidate. Successful in attaining the enterprise role.

Support Engineer (Linux/Solaris) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

It was two technical guys face to face interview, and the questions they asked are all Linux command, application used to achieve this. At the end, I need to complete a paper test last for 40min

Interview Questions
    • As long as you are good experience at Linux/Solaris command and Server side configuration, it is not a problem for you.   Answer Question

Director Interview

very good long process but a good process

Interview Questions
    • Had to give examples of where I had done things in the past   Answer Question
    Quite quick and easy

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Phone interview, then joint group and individual panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • All straightforward questions, both technical and personal   View Answer

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

First Stage: Video submission-> record yourself with self introduction and answering a question provided.
    Second Stage: WebEx phone interview -> combination of behavioral and general technical questions.
    Third Stage: Assessment Centre -> Comprises of technical exam, interview, roleplay and presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Roleplay: being asked to sell a Cisco solution to address a client problem   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Good process and fair if followed correctly! Procedure driven and rather lengthy.

no cooments

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2012.

they asked detail trouble-shooting skills.

Interview Questions
    • how to trouble-shoot ip phone calling h323 gateway getting busy tone   View Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2011.

Hr emailed a specific date and time and asked if I was free then for a phone interview. Phone interviewer called an hour later than the specified time. The interview itself took around 15 mins, and was a current networking intern from cisco. It was more of a hr interview than a technical interview, he was interested in any projects I had worked on and the challenges faced, how I resolved problems in my last job, strengths and weaknesses, why I wanted to work for cisco and what products cisco offered.

Interview Questions

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!