Citi

Updated 15 Dec 2014

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Citi in May 2012.

Telephone interview was easy competency questions. However, assessment centre was dependent on the level of difficulty imposed by the interviewer. All interviewees received different interviewers - random allocation.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2010.

I was approached for this role so not the usual process but still required application and interview. The interview was one on one so not as daunting as a panel interview. Initial contact was very good. I was made to feel welcome and relaxed as I spoke about my past experience.

I was given the opportunity to ask questions about the company and the role and finished the interview feeling that I had addressed all aspects that I needed to.

Interview Questions
    • Tell be about an interesting article you have read recently.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is always tricky but if you don't ask for what you want (and be clear about what you are prepared to give up versus what is mandatory for you) then you will never know.

Private Bank Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

After first round interview, I was asked back for a second and final round. I interviewed with 8 people and everyone was very friendly. The interview lasted about 2 hours and I talked with two people at a time and then rotated.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle conflict? And if you need some information for a client and you can't get ahold of the person you need to contact how would you go about solving this?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

one hour written technical test based on programs related to OOPS, recursion, SQL and a little bit of networking. After that 3 back to back interviews with 3 groups having 2 managers in each group.

The interviewer are friendly and gives you chance to think. Prepare yourself for linked list, inheritance, data structures, trees and SQL based questions like joins and dependencies. Be ready to write program on paper. Explain previous school projects etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most of your question will be related to data structures. So, it may be difficult for you if your basics are not clear.   Answer Question
    They have a standard and they offer one of the best package in the market. So there is nothing much to negotiate.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

I met them at the campus career fair, and they scheduled me for an interview that next day. It was a roughly 30 minute behavioral interview, where they asked me about past projects and how I would lead in certain situations. The interviewers were very friendly. I was given the offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Standard behavioral questions, they want to hear a lot about how you interact in groups/in a leadership position.   Answer Question

The position wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I'm more interested in an internship focused on programming.

Community Development Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Applied online and was contacted for an interview three days later. There were two 30 minute interviews.The first with HR and the second with the hiring team. The HR interview consisted of general experience based questions. (Describe past work experiences, etc) The Hiring team interview was more in depth with technical & industry questions. (Describe your experience with research, data analysis, database management, etc)

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Was asked to describe the department's goals. (Not necessarily hard, just google the specific office)   View Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Citi.

Was referred to a the position by a friend in the group. Sent my resume and shortly after was contacted by HR. Had an intro call with them, a couple days later received an email to schedule a phone interview. This was an extensive phone interview with about 6 different members of the group varying in seniority. Extremely technical questions, very few behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Can enterprise value ever be negative?   View Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

I learned this from a job fair, then applied this graduating job online. There was only one round of interview. One hour written test and one hour interview with two people. Then waited for 3 to 4 weeks before the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was quite standard, mainly went through my resume and asked a few behavior question.

The test consists five parts, 1.OOP 2. Design Pattern, 3. Operating System 4. Brain Teasers 5. Finance

Answer Question
    got the offer on Friday night and have to decide by the end of following Tuesday, really not much to negotiate. they have a specific standard.

Business Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

The whole interview process took roughly 3 hours which consists of 5 stages. IQ test, logical test, mathematical test, competence based essay and interview with manager. Hardest part was you need to complete all the tests in a given time which is quite challenging.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Three round of interviews by bankers; the banker will send an Email and schedule for the time slot. I have already done two of the interviews, one by association, one by VP. The associate's interview was normal process including CV check, why Citi, Why IBD and competency questions (Example of team members have different opinions); also technical questions ( is it possible that a company has negative equity? why a company has positive EBITDA for 10 years and goes bankruptcy one day? What's the drawback of DCF? What will happen to three statements if depreciation increases 10?)

Interview Questions
    • is it possible that a company has negative equity?   View Answer