Citi Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2014

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Citi in May 2012.

Telephone interview was easy competency questions. However, assessment centre was dependent on the level of difficulty imposed by the interviewer. All interviewees received different interviewers - random allocation.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2010.

I was approached for this role so not the usual process but still required application and interview. The interview was one on one so not as daunting as a panel interview. Initial contact was very good. I was made to feel welcome and relaxed as I spoke about my past experience.

I was given the opportunity to ask questions about the company and the role and finished the interview feeling that I had addressed all aspects that I needed to.

Interview Questions
    • Tell be about an interesting article you have read recently.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is always tricky but if you don't ask for what you want (and be clear about what you are prepared to give up versus what is mandatory for you) then you will never know.

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Almost all fit questions. Asked about my past experiences. Why Citi? Why risk? Why they would choose me rather than other candidates? Talk about strength and weakness.

Nothing out of expectation.

They have a nice office site in TriBeCa. Really good view.

People are more approachable and friendly.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Start out with a very basic phone interview, a little background info and very general questions about employment history, current compensation and reason you are looking for another place of employment. Followed by in person interview with hiring manager, then final interview with hirning managers supervisor.

Interview Questions
    Some negotiation, will raise offer based on experience only.

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi.

Applied through College Career Center and online website. Reached out to current employee I knew through alumni network. Put his name in the Citi application and received a call the next day to come in for an interview at the Boston branch.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you have that apply to sales and trading?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

This was for a position (C10) with Citi bangalore
    It was as usual starting with an initiative from the external consultants(Aug23). I was shortlisted and got a call for interviews in a couple of weeks(17 Sep).

Sep17 : 1st round of telephonic interviews was pretty straight forward with discussions on my profile and projects. Got a call from the consultants the next day that i was shortlisted and that the second round would be scheduled. [30 mins]

Sep19: 2nd Round of discussion was more detailed, started off 15 mins early, with a case study by the interviewer who was very friendly and shared a live problem to which a solution was solicited. Went fairly well and i was positive about it. Got another call and was through to the final round. [45 mins].

Sep25: 3rd Client round - was fairly simple with a call to US with a panel of two ladies. This was again open ended and was targeted to understand my knowledge base of BFSI domain and the factors and techniques i would consider in terms of coming up with a solution. [45 mins]

Then i got a got a call from the consultant on the next day that i was through this round and should be expecting an HR round which scheduled while i was travelling to my native while on vacation. Post the HR round{Oct 4} which was very brief [7 mins] i got a call for document submission{Oct8} and then offer roll out {Oct14}.

They made a good offer as per my expectations and I finally accepted the Offer on Oct 18.

The best part of the interview process was that there were no irrelevant case studies / brain teasers/ guestimates (I despise them) /puzzles. They were all business related.

Interview Questions
    It was an open and shut offer with no room for negotiation. A win win i would say.

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY (US)

Based on key criteria, assess what have you done, what was the situation your actions and results. Focus on complex solutions and teamwork. Side by side interviews on similar or same questions. Calibrations done afterwards

Interview Questions
    • elevator pitch answers on a number of personal or work descriptions about yourself   View Answer
    base salary and relocation

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Very comfortable, great atmosphere. Initially recruited on-campus. Had a first round one on one interview, very easy and friendly, mainly fit questions and talked about my interest. Second round was a superday at the new york office, consisting of 5 20 min interviews

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, just general questions about the market   Answer Question

ICG Operations Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through my school's career website. Then I was notified that I had made it to the interview process. I had two back to back interviews. And a few hours later they called me back to notify me I made it to the second round. Four interviews in one day and I found out two weeks later that I had an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Two of them where behavioral. The other two were technical but it was general market/economic data   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

1 on campus interview then 3 1-on-1 interview. All technical questions either related to your experience and projects. Lots of programming questions. Be prepared to take a written test at the end of super day interview.