Citi Interview Questions

1,073 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi (Sydney) in August 2014.

Interview

2 Rounds Interview in Sydney, interviews consists of behavioural and technical questions for both rounds, as well as a little brain teasers which you have to answer within a 1 minute timeframe. Motivation for why Global Markets is very important, as interviewers mainly walks through your resume.

Questions such as "If you have $1m dollars, how would you invest it and why?" requires a thought process of global themes and market movements.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what is 75/4 in 30 seconds.   1 Answer
    • You have 30 seconds, tell me how many hairdressers are there in Australia?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Citi (Sydney) in May 2012.

Interview

Telephone interview was easy competency questions. However, assessment centre was dependent on the level of difficulty imposed by the interviewer. All interviewees received different interviewers - random allocation.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Sydney) in March 2010.

Interview

I was approached for this role so not the usual process but still required application and interview. The interview was one on one so not as daunting as a panel interview. Initial contact was very good. I was made to feel welcome and relaxed as I spoke about my past experience.

I was given the opportunity to ask questions about the company and the role and finished the interview feeling that I had addressed all aspects that I needed to.

Interview Questions

• Tell be about an interesting article you have read recently.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is always tricky but if you don't ask for what you want (and be clear about what you are prepared to give up versus what is mandatory for you) then you will never know.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

5-6 in person interviews with managers, initially over the phone and 1-day visit to Canary Wharf. Nice and relaxed atmosphere, many young people. Offer on the spot, followed by background checks, Was able to start in 1 week

Interview Questions

• Mostly resume and behavioral, a few technical questions   Answer Question

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

HR rep called and scheduled the interview.My profile did not match completely, but I was given a phone interview. There were three interviewers - Project Manager and Two developers. Project manager explained the product they are developing.

Interview Questions

• All the basic OOP questions, some SQL and XML questions   1 Answer

Interview

received phone interview invitation and scheduled interview for 30 mins, talked with one of the quants about some math games and some algo questions, then the question part for the candidate, asked about the day-to-day work in the group etc

Interview Questions

• how to find the maximum subarray of an array of integers   Answer Question

Summer Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied through my graduate school. I went through one phone screening followed by 3 interviews in-person in New York. The interviews were all behavioral, not analytical. They are looking for candidates with general backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• Why Citi? What are the trends in the Retail Banking industry? Why a financial institution? What are you looking to get out of this experience?   Answer Question

Technology Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Citi (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

Filled out their application online, didn't hear back for a few months so figured l was unsuccessful. Then got an email asking me to go to an assessment centre. The assessment centre consisted online tests that you did at the Citi offices, two interviews, a technical and a complacency interview and then a group project. The online tests weren't too bad..there wasn't really any way to prepare for the questions. Do bring a calculator tho. Then if you did well in the tests, you were invited back to attend the interviews and the group project.

There was about 10 of us waiting to be interviewed the day l went. They took each of us off separately and interviewed us. The technical interview went well for me, not many technical questions..more questions about the projects you have done and a lot of reference to your CV. The complacency interview is more about you and your personality. Each interview last about 20 mins. I would say have a few questions prepared to ask the person interviewing you.

Once the interviews are over, they bring you into a room where you do a group discussion with the 10 other applicants, on a topic they give you..in our case it was about a business where they were expanding and management had changed. Make sure you speak up and interact with the group. They are looking for people who work well in a team and who can provide their opinion to the group well.

Then they told us they would be in touch...and we all left.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is a try catch exception?
      Q: Example of how you shown leadership and worked well in a team?

Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

It is a telephone interview. Two people involved. A trader and a quant. Last 25 mins for each. Nice people. The questions are not so difficult if you prepared. Like how to price a path-dependent option; What are the variables involving BS pricing? Also they have some brain brain teaser questions

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

Had initial screening interview with head of department. Afterwards was invited to meet the entire team. I met with 5 team members total for about 30 minutes each and had a conversation with each person. it was with 4 directors and one analyst.

Interview Questions

• Question were "tell me about yourself" and how would you solve this problem.   Answer Question