Citi Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Citi in May 2012.

Telephone interview was easy competency questions. However, assessment centre was dependent on the level of difficulty imposed by the interviewer. All interviewees received different interviewers - random allocation.

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Tampa, FL (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Citi in August 2014.

It took a few months with the temp agency to hear back from Citi.

Interviewed at Citi. Interviewer was extremely nice and laid back. The questions were not hard at all. And she told me on the spot that I was hired.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Citi.

On campus recruiting with two rounds for the internship position. First round with HR and an Associate. Second round with VP and MD. Was invited to the office to meet more senior people before the job offer was made. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Standard IB questions. Make sure you know the transactions they have done.   Answer Question

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in August 2014.

I had submitted my resume through a campus recruiter. 3 weeks later I was contacted for an interview, i was called and set up a time to meet. the interview lasted about a half hour.

Interview Questions

the salary that was offered was too low for me to accept

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2011.

Initial phone call from Citi recruiter . I had two days of interviews with 4 people each day. They did a baukground check. The recruiter was very helpful and easy to work with.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The interviewers were trying to assess if I knew about the products I would be managing.   View Answer
    Negotiate for base salary.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in December 2012.

Recommended by friend. Applied via global website. The recruitment team was obstructive and unhelpful, required intervention from line manager to progress. Admin initially efficient. All correspondence via email to arrange interview. Interview conducted onsite with two line managers. Conduct of interview was very professional. Mostly focussing on work history and behavioural questions.
    There was no contact with Citi post interview. No official notification was ever received. I found out via friend that despite interviewing strongly the role went to an internal candidate. Recruitment HR ignored all follow up requests for feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Very little on the technical aspects of the job (operations isn't that difficult), mostly behavioural questions to see ascertain if "good fit" with management and team.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in May 2013.

Referred by a friend and interviewed soon after. Met with two different levels of management. A portion of the interview included reading a contract and analyzing parts of it.

Customer Service Representative I Retention Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Make sure what they have you read in the interview you do it word for word (verbatim). The director will not let the managers hire you if you can not get it word for word. Have positive additude when you take to the interview people. If you have disabilities the company does not make accomodations as required by ADA.

nothing set pay

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Citi.

very simple interview basic scenario questions. almost all the questions began with tell me about a time. I had to take an assesment prior to interview it was pretty common sense.

no negotiation. pay was either you take it or leave.

Institutional Clients Group Rotational Analyst Interview

interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

Applied online during campus recruitment. Received two rounds of interviews. Met with 2 MDs. Mix of technical and behavioural questions. You need to be well read on current market trends, etc. Being the right fit for them is very important. Less of an emphasis on the usual Investment Banking valuation, accounting questions.

Interview Questions
    Hard to negotiate as this give standardized salaries to all analysts in this program.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!