Citi

Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship Interview

Internship
Sydney

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Citi in May 2012.

Interview Details Telephone interview was easy competency questions. However, assessment centre was dependent on the level of difficulty imposed by the interviewer. All interviewees received different interviewers - random allocation.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Phone interview first. Then another interview with HR manager. After that I had an interview with other Assistants , they gave you a better understanding of the position and finally the interview with the top executive .

Negotiation Details – Fast

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in August 2013.

Interview Details The interview was 3 or 4 interviews back to back, each one was 30 minutes. It wasnt that hard for me, but I have heard other people thought it was so brush up the fundamentals of whatever languages you know, maybe some algo questions too. Only one of the interviewers really "grilled" me, everything else was smooth sailing. But in regards to the one hard interviewer, I've heard of other people having him, he just tries to stump you. After that I had a phone interview about a month later which was straight text book questions (i.e. what is polymorphism, how can i extend multiple interfaces, How can i extend multiple classes (that one was a trick, confused me for a bit cuz he sounded sure it was possible) ).

Interview Question – I was how to detect if there is a loop in a singly linked list.
After I got that right he asked me if i was designing a system with something like 10 different random components (all of which were valid things that he named such as VOIP) how would I go about implementing it, what languages would I use?
  View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at Citi in January 2011.

Interview Details Applied online and immediately got called to schedule a phone interview which was with HR and was very formal. Following that was an interview with the hiring manager which was mainly situational questions.

Interview Question – Not too hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation.

Senior Manager Customer Service Interview

Senior Manager Customer Service
Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in June 2014.

Interview Details I have many friends that work at Citi and have the full qualifications for the position. I initially got rejected a day after I submitted the application online. A Director in a different department (friend) reached out to the director of Customer Service to set up a phone interview. I failed the phone interview with HR because I was "too direct" and got rejected a day later. One more string was pulled and I got a face to face interview with the Director of Customer Service. I feel it was an obligatory interview because she was asked to follow up.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in September 2013.

Interview Details There was a phone interview followed by Superday interviews. They hired about half of the people who came in for the final round. Typical mix of fit and technical questions. I met with 3 senior bankers.

Interview Question – Someone asked about my SATs scores.   Answer Question

Income Processing Interview

Income Processing
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details I had previously worked as an Intern in the company 2 years previously before going travelling. When I returned to Ireland I was referred by a previous colleague. I had an interview with a team leader and a manager, but the rehiring process took about 2 months due to approval being required from the USA.

Interview Question – What has made you come back to this job and how do we know that you want to work here long-term.   Answer Question

Graduate Technology Analyst Interview

Graduate Technology Analyst
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi in April 2014.

Interview Details Typical graduate application, logical reasoning test, two phone interviews and an assessment centre consisting of two face-to-face interviews with two interviewers in each, a case study where a report has to be written on the material provided and a presentation prepared on flip chart paper for use later in the day. Ended with a group exercise where we had to debate and choose which ideas should be saved and which should be cut.

Interview Question – Standard questions. No real difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quite happy with offer, accepted without negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details Hired through the undergraduate internship recruitment program. Very streamlined process. Online application followed by numerical and verbal online tests (SHL) Two rounds with initial interview and then further interviews and case studies. Focus on fit and drive rather than technicals (makes sense since Citi has a good analyst training program).

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details 2 rounds - first round very fit based (e.g. why investment banking) with some brain teasers, second was slightly more technical (e.g. different types of valuation multiples). Interviewers were friendly for the most part, very understanding about lack of experience or technical. Seemed to look for minimum threshold of intelligence and then fit.

Interview Question – What's your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!