Citi Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2014

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Citi in May 2012.

Telephone interview was easy competency questions. However, assessment centre was dependent on the level of difficulty imposed by the interviewer. All interviewees received different interviewers - random allocation.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2010.

I was approached for this role so not the usual process but still required application and interview. The interview was one on one so not as daunting as a panel interview. Initial contact was very good. I was made to feel welcome and relaxed as I spoke about my past experience.

I was given the opportunity to ask questions about the company and the role and finished the interview feeling that I had addressed all aspects that I needed to.

Interview Questions
    • Tell be about an interesting article you have read recently.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is always tricky but if you don't ask for what you want (and be clear about what you are prepared to give up versus what is mandatory for you) then you will never know.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

This was for a position (C10) with Citi bangalore
    It was as usual starting with an initiative from the external consultants(Aug23). I was shortlisted and got a call for interviews in a couple of weeks(17 Sep).

Sep17 : 1st round of telephonic interviews was pretty straight forward with discussions on my profile and projects. Got a call from the consultants the next day that i was shortlisted and that the second round would be scheduled. [30 mins]

Sep19: 2nd Round of discussion was more detailed, started off 15 mins early, with a case study by the interviewer who was very friendly and shared a live problem to which a solution was solicited. Went fairly well and i was positive about it. Got another call and was through to the final round. [45 mins].

Sep25: 3rd Client round - was fairly simple with a call to US with a panel of two ladies. This was again open ended and was targeted to understand my knowledge base of BFSI domain and the factors and techniques i would consider in terms of coming up with a solution. [45 mins]

Then i got a got a call from the consultant on the next day that i was through this round and should be expecting an HR round which scheduled while i was travelling to my native while on vacation. Post the HR round{Oct 4} which was very brief [7 mins] i got a call for document submission{Oct8} and then offer roll out {Oct14}.

They made a good offer as per my expectations and I finally accepted the Offer on Oct 18.

The best part of the interview process was that there were no irrelevant case studies / brain teasers/ guestimates (I despise them) /puzzles. They were all business related.

Interview Questions
    It was an open and shut offer with no room for negotiation. A win win i would say.

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY (US)

Based on key criteria, assess what have you done, what was the situation your actions and results. Focus on complex solutions and teamwork. Side by side interviews on similar or same questions. Calibrations done afterwards

Interview Questions
    • elevator pitch answers on a number of personal or work descriptions about yourself   View Answer
    base salary and relocation

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Very comfortable, great atmosphere. Initially recruited on-campus. Had a first round one on one interview, very easy and friendly, mainly fit questions and talked about my interest. Second round was a superday at the new york office, consisting of 5 20 min interviews

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, just general questions about the market   Answer Question

ICG Operations Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through my school's career website. Then I was notified that I had made it to the interview process. I had two back to back interviews. And a few hours later they called me back to notify me I made it to the second round. Four interviews in one day and I found out two weeks later that I had an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Two of them where behavioral. The other two were technical but it was general market/economic data   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

1 on campus interview then 3 1-on-1 interview. All technical questions either related to your experience and projects. Lots of programming questions. Be prepared to take a written test at the end of super day interview.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Citi.

Talked to them at a career fair and interviewed the next day. They were very friendly and the interview was rather relaxed. I was surprised they wanted me to interview as I was not well trained in the field they were hiring in, Information Security, but they were insistent that I come anyways.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about how I go about identifying and solving a problem.   Answer Question

Mortgage Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

Probing questions. Name a time when.... Do you like change? Open ended questions on how you would react to certain situations. Are you willing to adapt to change. (schedule, training, etc.) The hiring process is pretty long. (background check, employment check, education check, credit check)
    Whole process took about 2 months. In person interview is with your manager.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when.... Its hard to specifically think back to a time that relates to the question they are asking. Name a time when you had an upset customer...how did you react. Do you enjoy change? If so why...   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

The process was through a temp agency, screening process took a while and then the interview was very procedural. Focus on attention to detail, as that is integral to the job. Management wants worker bees for this role; don't rock the boat, just meet your assigned quotas. The staffing agency generally has no idea what the role is, and some of the people were not cut out for it. Moderate excel skills needed (temp agency may give a test), but overall it just requires someone with strong attention to detail and an analytical mind.

Interview Questions
    No, the temp agency was firm.