Citi Interview Questions

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Citi in May 2012.

Telephone interview was easy competency questions. However, assessment centre was dependent on the level of difficulty imposed by the interviewer. All interviewees received different interviewers - random allocation.

Basil III Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 9 months - interviewed at Citi.

I applied for this particular position on the CITI career website using a referral link from a friend that works in this deparment. I received an initial call from HR after about a week asking about my skills and why I was interested in the position. After a 20 minute discussion with the HR rep, she advised that she would be in touch. 6 months later, I recevied a call from Citi about this position (which I almost forgot about) and the HR rep said that the department manager was ready to hire and intervieiwng quickly for the position and wanted to be bring me in ASAP to fill the role, so I setup the interview for the following week. A few days later, I recevied an email with instructions on where the building was and when to arrive, etc etc. The interview was with 2 team leads back to back and then the hiring manager in a rotational pattern with each interview lasting around 45 minutes. I spend over 3 hours on 3 different interviews on site with 3 seperate people one on one.

I was never given an offer, I didnt even receive a reject email or a callback from HR after I left the site (I did send follow up thank you letter by mail). Came to find out that they hired an older vietnam era veteran who can barely do the job. Possibly an affirmitive action military hire, but I will never know (expect this sort of stuff in big conglomerates)....

Interview Questions
    • The questions where basically about my skills and giving scenarios about work related to the position. The hiring ops manager threw a few quirky questions in like "what is your pet peeve". In my experience, the more advanced the position, the less behavioral questions you will get and more related to skills and job experience.   Answer Question

Applications Development Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Citi in January 2014.

I was an On-Campus Placement hiring process. One online technical round focusing on Data Structures, OOP concepts,OS, Networking. Shortlisted for second interview which is a blend of technical and HR. Getting a top score in the first round made this round easy for me. I was quite frank during the interview process and they liked it.

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Citi in November 2013.

On campus screening by a student who worked there the past summer, followed by an on campus interview with an employee. After that, superdays were held in the New York office and consisted of 5 30min interviews in a row. They called me 15min after the interviews were over and extended me the offer.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

I was recruited through the campus career center. A few days after submitting my resume and cover letter, I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview about why I am interested in the position. After the phone interview I was asked to come to to NY office for a full interview in the next few days.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Island City, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in May 2014.

I only had a few phone interviews and they were all behavioral and asking about what I want to do. I did not have to prepare anything. None of the questions required any market knowledge or preparation. Know what you want to do and tailor your answers to the job.

Human Resources Interview

They were very busy that day and only one of the two interviewers as planned came to meet me. The whole process gave me the impression that he is rushing for time. A woman even came in to the room and asked when is he going to finish the interview. However, the overall environment of the building and atmosphere impressed me.

Applications Development Intermediate Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in April 2014.

Applications Development Intermediate Programmer Analyst is a C11 position; it was listed as "Senior Developer". The process involved: A telephone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview the following week, followed by a "we want to hire you" phone call a day later. It then took about a month for HR to get through the negotiation phase.

Interview Questions
    I asked about the salary range that was budgeted for the position. I was then asked for my previous salary, and was actually told that I would receive no written offer unless I disclosed it. I was then offered a salary that was less than the initial range. Not a good sign.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Citi in May 2012.

Recruiter reached out to gauge interest and ask preliminary/basic HR questions (resume walk through). Set up call with Sr. Analyst for later that day. Sr Analyst interviews will be all over the map and include mix of technical, fit and behavioral. Given modeling and writing test. Test usually consists of 1) 2 hr time limit, 2) update the quarter in a financial model, 3) write bullet points / one pager about the quarter. NYC interviews next step. Four interviews. HR is basic. Sr Associate interview tends to be more techincal. Sr. Analyst interview (see above). Sr. Research Management interview similar to Sr. Analyst. Must be ready to pitch a stock every step of the way.

Interview Questions
    • How many disposable diapers are used in the US each year.   Answer Question

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Citi.

Waiting on temp agency. I was told they were waiting on citi to make a decision as they needed more than 20 employees. Temp agency did interview which was easy and precise for position. Then they would submit information to citi then citi would chose who they would interview.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!