Citi Interview Questions

Updated 29 Oct 2014

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Citi in May 2012.

Telephone interview was easy competency questions. However, assessment centre was dependent on the level of difficulty imposed by the interviewer. All interviewees received different interviewers - random allocation.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2010.

I was approached for this role so not the usual process but still required application and interview. The interview was one on one so not as daunting as a panel interview. Initial contact was very good. I was made to feel welcome and relaxed as I spoke about my past experience.

I was given the opportunity to ask questions about the company and the role and finished the interview feeling that I had addressed all aspects that I needed to.

Interview Questions
    • Tell be about an interesting article you have read recently.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is always tricky but if you don't ask for what you want (and be clear about what you are prepared to give up versus what is mandatory for you) then you will never know.

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Applied through campus recruiting. First round phone interview about 40 minutes. Mainly talked about the market, math questions (stats), guestimates, econometrics, and interest in this position. Then invited to the final round interview. Interviewed with 6 people, from traders to directors. Mainly talked about everything on my resume and my interest in this industry. Some technical questions but they tried to make sure you have the ability to learn on the job and you have the passion for this industry.

Interview Questions
    • Do you suggest your clients hedging 100% of their products?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because it's my first choice

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Applied online as new graduate. Took about one month to process. Only one round on-site interview. The first part was a written test, second part was in person. Very easy interview, no tough questions. The interviewers were very nice and friendly. Very pleasant experience.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

This was for a position (C10) with Citi bangalore
    It was as usual starting with an initiative from the external consultants(Aug23). I was shortlisted and got a call for interviews in a couple of weeks(17 Sep).

Sep17 : 1st round of telephonic interviews was pretty straight forward with discussions on my profile and projects. Got a call from the consultants the next day that i was shortlisted and that the second round would be scheduled. [30 mins]

Sep19: 2nd Round of discussion was more detailed, started off 15 mins early, with a case study by the interviewer who was very friendly and shared a live problem to which a solution was solicited. Went fairly well and i was positive about it. Got another call and was through to the final round. [45 mins].

Sep25: 3rd Client round - was fairly simple with a call to US with a panel of two ladies. This was again open ended and was targeted to understand my knowledge base of BFSI domain and the factors and techniques i would consider in terms of coming up with a solution. [45 mins]

Then i got a got a call from the consultant on the next day that i was through this round and should be expecting an HR round which scheduled while i was travelling to my native while on vacation. Post the HR round{Oct 4} which was very brief [7 mins] i got a call for document submission{Oct8} and then offer roll out {Oct14}.

They made a good offer as per my expectations and I finally accepted the Offer on Oct 18.

The best part of the interview process was that there were no irrelevant case studies / brain teasers/ guestimates (I despise them) /puzzles. They were all business related.

Interview Questions
    It was an open and shut offer with no room for negotiation. A win win i would say.

Commercial Banking Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

First round one campus interviews with senior management from Citi. 2 back to back interviews, 30min each. Final round interview in NYC, Citi's office. 3 back to back interview total 1.5 hours.

Vice President Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Citi.

A good round of at least four people. The questions were standard and mainly about commodities and economic insight. Everyone had a different view on the markets and were in different areas of the commodity business.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to evaluate the yield curve versus the return on the oil curve. Most of the other questions were about my background and experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Start out with a very basic phone interview, a little background info and very general questions about employment history, current compensation and reason you are looking for another place of employment. Followed by in person interview with hiring manager, then final interview with hirning managers supervisor.

Interview Questions
    Some negotiation, will raise offer based on experience only.

Risk Analyst Interview

Almost all fit questions. Asked about my past experiences. Why Citi? Why risk? Why they would choose me rather than other candidates? Talk about strength and weakness.

Nothing out of expectation.

They have a nice office site in TriBeCa. Really good view.

People are more approachable and friendly.

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Citi.

Applied through College Career Center and online website. Reached out to current employee I knew through alumni network. Put his name in the Citi application and received a call the next day to come in for an interview at the Boston branch.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you have that apply to sales and trading?   Answer Question