Citi

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Citi in May 2012.

Telephone interview was easy competency questions. However, assessment centre was dependent on the level of difficulty imposed by the interviewer. All interviewees received different interviewers - random allocation.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi in March 2010.

I was approached for this role so not the usual process but still required application and interview. The interview was one on one so not as daunting as a panel interview. Initial contact was very good. I was made to feel welcome and relaxed as I spoke about my past experience.

I was given the opportunity to ask questions about the company and the role and finished the interview feeling that I had addressed all aspects that I needed to.

Interview Questions
    • Tell be about an interesting article you have read recently.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is always tricky but if you don't ask for what you want (and be clear about what you are prepared to give up versus what is mandatory for you) then you will never know.

Securities Processing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Very relaxed, a couple of accounting questions, and brain teasers. 3 different interview stages. They usually get back to you within 2 weeks and tell you if you've made it to the next stage. But I emailed my HR Representative every week. In my opinion, there's not much you can prepare for in regards to the brain teasers or personality questions. But know your basic accounting.

Interview Questions
    • You have expenses paid of 100,000 in the beginning of the year but they are accounted for quarterly. Give me the journal entries of these transactions.   View Answer

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

Basically some markets related questions, what is the price of fx, how to you see the trend and reason for that. I would recommend read some news before the interview, know your product well.

Interview Questions
    • For Asia market, what is the price for Thailand yuan and Korea dollar   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

The interview was fairly easy if you prepare, really just be yourself, it was two back to back interviews 30 minutes each with different reps. The interview was held in my school and then was invited to super-day.

no negotiation

Technical Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

The first interview is a behavioral questions, they called me within a week. They let me know that they would be flying me out. I was toured around the Irving campus and introduced to several other candidates. The management came and pulled each applicant for interviews with potential managers. I interviewed with two managers whose background was in networking. I did not have much experience in networking protocols. The questions they asked were primarily applied algorithms and theory.

Interview Questions
    • What could prolong a file transfer and how could you monitor your progress ?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Citi.

Went through an agency. There were 3 rounds, first by AVP, then by VP and last by the Director of the department. Interviews were simple to gaze why you want to join, and how much dedicates you are and to know more about your skills.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Citi.

standard 30 minutes on campus interview followed by an onsite interview at the Irving office. questions from the interview were basically the typical interpersonal questions (tell me about yourself, greatest challenge, why did you choose the your major, openness to travel, what motivates you, what makes you the best fit for the company...this is followed by an opportunity to ask the interviewer some questions)

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Very quick process, 3 stages for the summer internship, the same for full time. Good to know many languages - big selling point for Citi. They tend to select people from top universities, love Oxbridge, LSE, Science Po, etc. Read FT before the interview, they like hearing about the deals that Citi did recently

Applications Processor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Citi.

through staffing agency, sent resume received phone shortly after asking preferences and information about job if i was interested in the position, next availability was verified and then staffing agency reached out to company and scheduled interview, company notified staffing agency of the offer and I was called i to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate you ability to work independently?   View Answer