Citi

652 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details I attended a career fair at my university website and applied through the Citi website. I got an email for scheduling an on campus interview for the next week. The interview was fairly laid back and conversational, and the interviewer talked about himself for most of the time.

Interview Question – What is your typical day like?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details Telephonic interview is where they ask for basic details. This is followed by detailed face to face interviews. Later, if one has cleared all this, gets a call from HR, followed by another telephonic interview. The offer may come in next ten to fifteen days. After that it is up to the person whether they accept it or not.

Interview Question – Business cases that may be unrelated to the position.   Answer Question

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online since Citi doesn't recruit directly from my school. I had a phone interview at first which was a customary phone interview where I told with an HR rep. The phone interview were all behavioral questions. I then got invited to the Super Day about a week after that. It was 3 interviews, 30 mins each. I mainly got asked some behavioral questions and we went over my resume. Nothing technical but one of them did ask me about my accounting skills. The interviews really aren't that bad, just be confident and pitch yourself well. I got an offer 2 weeks after that and took it. 60K prorated salary & 2K housing stipend.

Interview Question – It's not difficult but two of the interviewers did ask me "Why Citi?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's a summer analyst position so it's nonnegotiable

Very Easy Interview

AML Analyst Interview

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied in October, interviewed in March, was told up front that this was a long process due to department re-structuring. Interview scheduled quickly after contacting for interview, and was offered the position the following day. Interviewers were cordial and the facilities were kept in good condition.

Interview Question – No true unexpected questions as I researched Citi and some AML information prior to the interview. Questions consisted of the usual 'about you' questions and the interviewer did not expect me to have an extensive knowledge of Citi or AML. Was allowed to ask questions about the position and Citi and the interviewer was very honest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, firm offer and that was that, but the offer was substantially above my current salary

Credit & Portfolio Analyst II Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Interview process consisted of an initial phone interview, just preliminary questions and general inquiries on my background and interests. Then a first round interview with four of the team leaders within the GIRM group--they were split up into two groups and I spent about 30 mins with each pair. Then after that was asked to come back and interview with a more senior analyst from New York. Made sure to curtail my conversation to areas that focused on credit analysis such as EBITDA, EBITDA multiples and margins, FCF, collateral, etc.

Interview Question – Most of your experience and interest seems to be on the equity side, what makes you want to be in credit/debt?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation regarding salary

Operations Analyst Interview

Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Citi in December 2013.

Interview Details The overall experience was very good. At the start only CV had to be submitted on-line and after closing date received an e-mail inviting me to the assessment centre. Had an option to choose between couple of days plus morning or afternoon session. All people I've met that day were lovely and tried to get everybody to relax and do our best.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected: Why Citi; what is good customer service; what I expect from the job; can I bring something to the company. Competency based: multitasking, problem solving, coping under pressure.   View Answer

Cashflow Modeling Associate Interview

Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details The process of interview is pretty much what you would expect from a typical interview. However, the interviewers have interviewed so many interviewees in one day so that they got tired at the end of the day. So if you are one of the last few interviewees in the day, you may find the interviewers being tired and their voice are low. It is much more difficult to impress them given they barely have the energy to dig into you.

Interview Question – Be prepared with technical questions. They may ask you basic questions about their products. They also ask about your computer skills or programing skills if you mentioned it on your resume. Some candidates say they were asked a lot of questions about database.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Meridian, ID (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Citi in July 2010.

Interview Details Pretty simple process. You will start with a quick phone screening. They will ask you why you left previous jobs, and why you want to work for Citi. They also asked me if I knew anyone that worked there, and what did I know about the company.

After the phone interview you will go in and meet with a HR rep. They are very nice and help you get ready to talk to the "hiring manager." You go in a small room and get asked questions about your phone skills, if you are used to sitting all day, how you handle irate customers, and what hours will you be available to work. They ask you about your sales abilities, however they do not mention how sales intensive this job is. I am telling you now, you will need to sell to keep this job. Go up to the collections department instead. It is more laid back, and you never have to make outbound calls.

After the interview with the hiring manager, I was brought back to the HR area and was offered a position. They had the offer letter and everything ready to go. They told me the dress code, the day training started and that I had to clear the background screening. That was pretty much it. They started me at $11.50 (this was in 2008) I left in 2011 making $13.75 an hour, plus commission.

Interview Question – They asked 3 times about why I left previous employers. They try to get people to stay, but it is a call center, not everyone is cut out for this type of work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They started me off at $11.50. They didn't let me negotiate it. It was take it or leave it. The benefits package and tuition reimbursement was pretty awesome though.

Database Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in June 2012.

Interview Details Quick & Professional

Interview Question – Q&A were related to the JD and interesting   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Consulting position

Summer Operations Analyst Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Not hard basic questions

Interview Question – Tell me about Dodd Frank and some of the other regulations in the Financial World?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi interview questions and advice. All 652 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.