Citi

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details 2 rounds of interview. Applied for HK Summer Intern and was in overseas so had 3 rounds of skype interview. All CV Based but pretty long. around 1 hour each. All of them are very nice, nothing fancy tho. Get Prepared for your CV and you will be perfectly fine.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Campus interview and then super day

Interview Question – normal behavior questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – standard package, no negotiation

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details Passed the campus interview, designed to be technical, but turns out to be more behavior..
went to the citi-superday, have four 30 minutes interviews with different managers, feel I did ok, but no offer...good experience to have though

Interview Question – If there is a request from a third party company for building a web service, what is the approach you will take?   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in May 2012.

Interview Details Online application and interview

Interview Question – Interview was quite general, easy. Make conversation and they will like you instantly   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very accommodating, very helpful and prompt

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2010.

Interview Details The phone interview was done with the HR person asking some general questions about my experiences and my strengths and weaknesses. Then, she scheduled for an 1:1 interview with a management person from HK who flew here. From my knowledge, there were several students from my school that got the interview. The 1:1 interview was harder. My friend who got the interview a few hours before me said he said her questions like did you read the newspaper headlines recently. But when he interviewed me, I was never asked that question. When I got to the interview, he asked me to start talking about myself and then he will jump me and start asking questions. He asked questions like why do you want to work at Citi, what do you know about citi, (he was looking for answers not just straight from their website. ), who do you consider to be citi's competitors and how is citi different from them, what do you know about banking. Those were the questions I remembered he asked. After the interview, I think I heard from them in a month or so because he had to go to other places to do interviews as well. A thing to note is that, they hire one person from each school. All the interns I met were all from different schools in UK, US, Canada, and HK.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi Summer Intern interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.