Citi

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Miami, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied for the Latin America internship program. The whole interview process was different than what other companies do. We had an online excel quiz followed by some questions related to our background. I was then asked to give a video interview with 4/5 questions and submit them online using the portal that they provided.

A week after I finished the video interview, I got a call informing me of my next round of phone interview with a Senior Manager. The interview was more for me to ask questions about the job profile. The questions were very behavioral. Later, I was told in the same phone conversation that Spanish would be an added asset to your work experience but not a necessity. However, on realizing how much stress was implied on learning the language, I decided to take up online tutorials and pick up some of it before my internship began.

Interview Question – How will I overcome the issue of not knowing Spanish while dealing with clients that are from the Latin American region. What guidance would I require to accomplish my goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no need to negotiate. The salary for the internship was fair.

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details 2 rounds of interview. Applied for HK Summer Intern and was in overseas so had 3 rounds of skype interview. All CV Based but pretty long. around 1 hour each. All of them are very nice, nothing fancy tho. Get Prepared for your CV and you will be perfectly fine.

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Campus interview and then super day

Interview Question – normal behavior questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – standard package, no negotiation

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details Passed the campus interview, designed to be technical, but turns out to be more behavior..
went to the citi-superday, have four 30 minutes interviews with different managers, feel I did ok, but no offer...good experience to have though

Interview Question – If there is a request from a third party company for building a web service, what is the approach you will take?   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Citi in May 2012.

Interview Details Online application and interview

Interview Question – Interview was quite general, easy. Make conversation and they will like you instantly   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very accommodating, very helpful and prompt

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citi in March 2010.

Interview Details The phone interview was done with the HR person asking some general questions about my experiences and my strengths and weaknesses. Then, she scheduled for an 1:1 interview with a management person from HK who flew here. From my knowledge, there were several students from my school that got the interview. The 1:1 interview was harder. My friend who got the interview a few hours before me said he said her questions like did you read the newspaper headlines recently. But when he interviewed me, I was never asked that question. When I got to the interview, he asked me to start talking about myself and then he will jump me and start asking questions. He asked questions like why do you want to work at Citi, what do you know about citi, (he was looking for answers not just straight from their website. ), who do you consider to be citi's competitors and how is citi different from them, what do you know about banking. Those were the questions I remembered he asked. After the interview, I think I heard from them in a month or so because he had to go to other places to do interviews as well. A thing to note is that, they hire one person from each school. All the interns I met were all from different schools in UK, US, Canada, and HK.

Interview Questions

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!