Citi Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 8 Apr 2015

3.2

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

one phone call then got invited to super day which consists of three interviews followed by a written test.
Phone interview consisted of a lot of oop question. No algorithms tho.
1st round: went over resume and some oop questions.
2nd round : same
3rd round: it was more of an hr interview but he asked a couple of oop questions too.

Interview Questions

• some oop question. The written test was very lengthy, it had brain teasers, coding, sql and finance question. I took the interview on march 27 and still have not heard back so comment below if you are in the same boat.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Citi

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Citi (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

one hour written technical test based on programs related to OOPS, recursion, SQL and a little bit of networking. After that 3 back to back interviews with 3 groups having 2 managers in each group.

The interviewer are friendly and gives you chance to think. Prepare yourself for linked list, inheritance, data structures, trees and SQL based questions like joins and dependencies. Be ready to write program on paper. Explain previous school projects etc.

Interview Questions

• Most of your question will be related to data structures. So, it may be difficult for you if your basics are not clear.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have a standard and they offer one of the best package in the market. So there is nothing much to negotiate.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Citi.

Interview

I learned this from a job fair, then applied this graduating job online. There was only one round of interview. One hour written test and one hour interview with two people. Then waited for 3 to 4 weeks before the offer.

Interview Questions

• The interview was quite standard, mainly went through my resume and asked a few behavior question.

The test consists five parts, 1.OOP 2. Design Pattern, 3. Operating System 4. Brain Teasers 5. Finance

Answer Question

Negotiation

got the offer on Friday night and have to decide by the end of following Tuesday, really not much to negotiate. they have a specific standard.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

Applied online as new graduate. Took about one month to process. Only one round on-site interview. The first part was a written test, second part was in person. Very easy interview, no tough questions. The interviewers were very nice and friendly. Very pleasant experience.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through college and had three rounds of interview.

1. First round (on-campus): 30 mins round with questions all about my resume and projects. A lot of questions about OOP and data structures.
    2. Second round(on-site super day): Three interviews back to back in one room while other candidates were also giving interviews.Two of them going over resume and picking projects and discussing question around it. Some OOP and SQL questions too, and third interviewer with over typical HR questions about strengths ,Weakness, etc.
    After three interviews, we are given a test to solve in 1 hour.

The test had four parts:

Part I : Java coding
    Nothing too hard, go over Data Structures and OOP. Questions like:
    a. Merging two sorted list
    b. Reversing array elements
    c. Palindrome
    d. Difference between array and linked list
    e. some BST manipulations (finding element, Printing in some order)

Part II : Brain Teaser

Three brain teasers
    a. Fill 4 gallons of water with a 5 gallon and 3 gallon jugs and unlimited supply of water.
    b. Probability question : You have a score a basket to win the game. First choice, 1 shot, and has to make it one shoot. Second choice, 3 shots, any 2 needs to go in to win.Which is more profitable.

Part III: SQL

Basic SQL questions like joining tables and printing stuff.

Given a table with person Stock Purchases and a table with all Stock transaction, we were asked to print table with person stock info and all transaction. Something like that, again nothing too hard.

Part IV:

Finance questions like stocks , bonds, Risk, etc.

The Test is very lengthy, and they advised us to focus on our strengths and finish that section before moving onto another section. Everyone I talked to were not able to finish the entire test.

Third Round
    Phone interview with a manager, again went over resume & projects, and some basic OOP concepts and one problem solving-brain teaser.

I had better offers

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

1 on campus interview then 3 1-on-1 interview. All technical questions either related to your experience and projects. Lots of programming questions. Be prepared to take a written test at the end of super day interview.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

I have applied through their web site and after 1 month they have contacted me do a logical test. The next step was 2-part phone interview with two people from the technology department. The questions were mostly competency based questions.
    Two days later I was invited to take part in the Assessment Center, where I had to write a report based on a document and also prepare for a presentation. Moreover I had 3 face-to-face interviews, the presentation, and one logical test on their computers privided by TalentQ.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Citi.

Interview

Citi came to my university during a career fair in mid September. I handed my resume to one of the recruiters and was contacted early October to attend a webinar. After the interview process, I was given an offer a week later. Interview consists of four 30 minute 1 on 1 interviews. It was more of a personality test. The first interviewer asked about my interest in the financial business, and generic HR questions. The second interviewer went through my resume and picked at it. He picked a section and asked me to solve a problem revolved around it. The third interviewer asked me to describe a project that I did. I went over the process and he decides to pick out a specific part and test my knowledge of it. The fourth interviewer asked me to choose a project and asked why I like that project so much, and tested a bit on data structures and simple algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Why work at Citi vs its competitors?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, take it or leave it.

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

Obtained the interview through campus recruiting. First round was straightforward with basic questions on garbage collection, polymorphism etc. A few riddles as well. The final round (second round, actually) included attending the head office, writing a 45 min technical test and 2 interviews with hiring managers (one tech, one attributes).

Interview Questions

• The tech test is long-ish but not too difficult. Some tricky tech questions in the interview though.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Citi (New York, NY (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Referred by a friend and interviewed soon after. Met with two different levels of management. A portion of the interview included reading a contract and analyzing parts of it.