Citi

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Citi came to my university during a career fair in mid September. I handed my resume to one of the recruiters and was contacted early October to attend a webinar. After the interview process, I was given an offer a week later. Interview consists of four 30 minute 1 on 1 interviews. It was more of a personality test. The first interviewer asked about my interest in the financial business, and generic HR questions. The second interviewer went through my resume and picked at it. He picked a section and asked me to solve a problem revolved around it. The third interviewer asked me to describe a project that I did. I went over the process and he decides to pick out a specific part and test my knowledge of it. The fourth interviewer asked me to choose a project and asked why I like that project so much, and tested a bit on data structures and simple algorithms.

Interview Question – Why work at Citi vs its competitors?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, take it or leave it.

Interviewed at Citi

Interview Details Obtained the interview through campus recruiting. First round was straightforward with basic questions on garbage collection, polymorphism etc. A few riddles as well. The final round (second round, actually) included attending the head office, writing a 45 min technical test and 2 interviews with hiring managers (one tech, one attributes).

Interview Question – The tech test is long-ish but not too difficult. Some tricky tech questions in the interview though.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Citi in November 2012.

Interview Details Went to a Super Day with a lot of other students. Had multiple 1 on 1 interviews asking basic personality and programming questions. Officially applied to a position after and had another mini-Super Day with less applicants involved but far more in-depth interviews. Then had an hour to take a written test.

Interview Question – How do you swap two integer variables without using a temp variable?   View Answer

Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Got an on-campus interview call

Technology Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citi in February 2012.

Interview Details I received an email from a recruiter for the TLP program requesting a phone interview. We had decided to have the phone interview on 02/24/2012. However due to some circumstances, my recruiter had to leave early that day and we agreed to have the phone interview Monday (02/27/2012). My interview was mainly a behavioral interview.

Interview Question – There were no curve balls in my interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Start date was for December 2012. I graduate in May 2013.

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Citi in October 2012.

Interview Details School interview, then onsite interview. Took around 3 weeks for an offer.

Interview Question – Choose your favorite framework. Why can't a company like Facebook use a third party framework for their mobile application?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Interviewed on-campus (30- minute technical interview) and contacted by HR 2 days later extending an offer. Questions were about OOP design principles and hashing, and some behavioral questions

Interview Question – Java Garbage Collection   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation for an internship

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Citi.

Interview Details Phone Interview - General questions cover what's on the resume. Behavioral questions and one brain teaser.

Interview Question – Brain teaser   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in November 2010.

Interview Details Loads of behavioral questions. "Tell me about a time when....." I was able to nail the first few questions and get to know my interviewer on a personal level after he realized I was competent and had good people skills. He handed me the interview form and a pen and said "Fill it out with whatever your best answers are...I'm definitely recommending you for hire"

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when something went drastically wrong on a project you were working on. How did you react?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of room for negotiating out of college. They give you a very competitive starting salary but are not very willing to negotiate much beyond that.

Bournemouth, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Citi in February 2012.

Interview Details Same like usual assessment centre experience. I hope you could make the offer.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citi

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi Technology Analyst interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees and interview candidates.