Citizens Financial Group

Getting the Interview

85 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in January 2010.

Interview Details hired as a part time teller

Interview Question – do not remember - was pretty standard   Answer Question

Obviously Free Consultant Interview

I interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in November 2013.

Interview Details I was initially contacted via linkedin by a contract recruiter which set the wheels in motion for HR's phone screen. A week later the hiring manager reached out with a 30 minute phone interview which resulted in a face to face interview.

I arrived on-site for what I expected to be 'normal' interview questions. I was on the receiving end of 'how would you handle this' repeatedly over 2 hours. All questions were specific to their day to day programs/functions.

The 1 interviewer that showed up (there were 3 on my invitation) wanted blow by blow detail because he wasn't sure what his team was doing wrong. 2 hours later, he thanked me for my time mentioning the job was already filled. It's not like this just happened, he had no laptop or phone to get a message the job was filled - he knew before he came in with questions geared to help his department.

I heard HR posts bogus jobs to bring in free consultants - which makes sense considering the same jobs are continually posted.

To get feedback that you did great on an interview where there is no job is pointless. Not cool. Citizens you lost my business and respect.

Interview Question – Keep asking for more detail to draw out their agenda. Do not elaborate or give detailed answers. Better yet deliberately get a few steps to cure wrong. Maybe they'll hire you to fix it.   Answer Question

Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in July 2013.

Interview Details Three interviews. The first was a half hour over the phone with an HR pre-screen individual. Met with branch manager and regional VP over the course of the next three weeks. Received offer on 4th week which was pretty good but had already taken a job with TD

Interview Question – A couple of situational questions: How would you handle an irate customer? What would you do if you knew a fellow employee was breaking a rule repeatedly?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had accepted another offer

Online Advertising Department Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Interview Details I had two interviews. One with the HR person another with the hiring manager. I sent thank you letters and followed up appropriately.

Interview Question – What is the road map for RBS Citizen's Online Advertising Activities for the future.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Smithfield, RI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in December 2013.

Interview Details First round interview was with a recruiter on college campus. From the looks of it, everyone who interviewed in the first round was able to sign up for the final round interviews, so right off the bat I did not feel like I stood out in the first round.

Interview Question – In what specific way's could I improve my worth ethic?   Answer Question

Solution Architect, Officer Interview

Cranston, RI (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in October 2009.

Interview Details The CFG Interview and hiring process is a very long drawn out process.
I had 3 Phone interviews and a in person interview.

Once I began to review offers they where fairly hard to get alterations in the offer approved.

After taking the Role, I have been involved in the hiring process of other colleagues. It is difficult to get a position approved to begin hiring and then we miss a lot of good talent do to the approval process. It just takes to long to get offer alterations approved and then make offers. Many people find other positions while we are seeking approvals.

Overall a lot of improvement in this space is required.

Interview Question – Sorry it was 6 years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Once I began to review offers they where fairly hard to get alterations in the offer approved, very long process.

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Interview Details I initially applied online through an employee referral, and had to complete the banker assessment. I passed that one but it has been two weeks and I have not heard anything from them, even though I have an undergrad degree in finance. I am sure what to do now wait or just call them.

Interview Question – Tell me your weakness?   Answer Question

International Interview

Medford, MA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Interview Details The position was eliminated and moved to a different group, Although any interview experience is helpful, there was no job to be had when I got there.

Interview Question – Interviewed with entire team of about 20 people.   Answer Question

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in June 2010.

Interview Details recruiter was very nice and easy to get ahold of

Very Easy Interview

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in February 2013.

Interview Details Abrupt

Interview Question – None, manager pressed for time, not at all engaged   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – decided to stay where I am

Interviews for Top Jobs at Citizens Financial Group

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Citizens Financial Group Videos

Citizens Financial Group – Why Work for Us?

About Citizens Bank Citizens Bank is a division of RBS Citizens, N.A., operating its seven-state branch network in Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont. It has… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citizens Financial Group interview questions and advice. All 85 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Citizens Financial Group employees and interview candidates.