Citizens Financial Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.7

Operational Risk Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in June 2014.

I was contacted by the internal recruiter and had a phone interview with the hiring manager. We were both excited by the possibility of my joining the group. It then went into a black hole and only after persistent followup with the internal recruiter did I learn that the position had been put on hold.

Interview Questions
    • There were other opportunities at Citizens that I was interested in, but I was unsure how to proceed because of the uncertainty surrounding the first position. On the one hand, I didn't want to upset the hiring process for the first position - if it were still in play - but on the other hand, I didn't want to let an opportunity slip by, which would have been bad for both me and the Citizens. Further complicating matters, I didn't know the underlying reason why they were suddenly not interested in filling the first position - and whether that reason could also impact the other positions.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, NH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in March 2011.

-Online application and skills assessment
    -Initial phone screen with an HR rep
    -In-person interview with branch manager
    -I received my offer the following week and began the background check process, which took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to solve a problem for your team."   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Middletown, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, CT (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Had one interview with the BM and ABM. BM called back and told me next steps to follow with human resources. Process was easy. Overall process took approx 10 days. Salary was told to me and growth was discussed at interview, though it never happened during my career with this company. Looking back I feel that I was fooled during the interview to what the job was really like.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have with being turned down in sales.   Answer Question
    They told me the pay and I couldn't neg because I didn't have previous banking experience

Personal Universal Banker Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter 4 weeks after I applied for the job. She was very nice and forwarded my resume to the branch manager. He called me a few days later to set up an interview. After we already had a date selected for the interview, I get an email saying I was not selected and the process was over. Was never contacted by anyone. This company is unprofessional, their recruiters are lazy, and I dodged a bullet.

Assistant Branch Manager - Instore Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

takes a month or so due to fingerprinting, mostly there are 2 interviews sometimes 3, they often have job fairs, stop by any branch and ask when the next one is. You can apply on line.

Senior Presonal Banke Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westlake, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in June 2011.

Tough on-boarding process, it's a bank. background and credit check along with a drug test, finger prints. the whole 9 yards. a few different interviews and meetings with managers from different branches to find your right fit.

Interview Questions
    they are able to work with you on compensation.

In Store Branch Manager Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Initial interview was with a branch manager with a very standard interview guide. I answered situational questions. About a week later, I interviewed with the retail director for the market. 2 hours after the interview, the recruiter called me to offer the position.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you had to coach an employee to reach goals..."   Answer Question
    No negotiations were made.

Personal Universal Banker Interview

Had one interview, was pretty straight forward, asking standard behavioral questions you would find in any interview help guide online.

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group.

Applied through University Career Center, Contacted by Recruiter for a Phone Interview to go over Resume and Program

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Citizens Financial Group in January 2010.

hired as a part time teller

Interview Questions

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!