Clark Construction Group Office Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

13 interviews

2.9

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Office Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethesda, MD (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Clark Construction Group.

The college recruiting process was very engaging. If the position was for a job site, the engineering background if very important. If it was for an office position in finance, the development group, or legal, recruiters wanted very intelligent college candidate with some background to real estate, construction, finance, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Explaining why Clark will add to my career, and I can add to the organization, when my educational background did not fit the typical mold. I was not an engineer and had to sell myself from several different perspectives   Answer Question
Clark refused to negotiate the campus hire offer.

However, 3 years later when i was offered what was a phenomenal position for the business and industry, which required me to me half way across the country for 5 years, the negotiation process was not an open and communicative process. It was very stressful. I was not provided basic terms about the position or even if it was a promotion or lateral move. When I forced the questions after several months of talks, I was told to look for a new job if I believe I am worth more. I left the first 3 weeks later after receiving offers from all their top competitors.

I believe that was a unique situation and a result of one individual who has been with the firm for years, did not get the C-Level position he deserved, he did not grow as the firm grew and thus the firm out-grew him. When I announced why I was leaving the CFO, CAO, and Deputy General Counsel (all of whom I worked for) personally apologized for the gentlemen's behavior. I would go back to Clark if the opportunity was right. Loved it there.

Other Interview Reviews for Clark Construction Group

Office Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Clark Construction Group.

The interview lasted 4 hours. I got to meet many professionals each in a one-on-one format. There was no meal offered during the interview, which made things a little less nerve-wracking. There were mostly behavioral type questions, and we talked about my previous experience. They called the next week to offer employment. They are a great group of professionals working for an amazing company.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I had taken any LEED certification exams.   Answer Question

Office Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Long Beach, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Clark Construction Group in December 2013.

company and job site visit on Thursday afternoon, talked to 5 directors in a row on Friday morning

Interview Questions
    • What value can you bring? (asked to a student)
      How do we solve the BIM execution problem in our company? (provided background)
        Answer Question

Office Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Clark Construction Group.

Sent in resume via university alumni who works there. Was contacted only a few days later for a day-long interview. Interview was with ten other candidates and consisted of a site tour and six interviews, mostly with young people in the Office Engineer position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a subcontractor that had 30 years of experience in the field and didn't want to listen to anything you wanted to say?   Answer Question

Have not actually declined at this point. Offer has been received and still making decision.

Office Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Clark Construction Group.

Entry level engineers typically go through a 1 or 2 day long interview process that involves talking with upper level executives, HR as well as peers and mid-level management within the company.

Fair

Office Engineer Interview

The company came to campus and offered on-campus interviews that were supposedly very brief. However, I was on a trip this day and could nto make it. I still got invited down to the main office in Bethesda and had a great tour of a project site and a paid for lunch, they also put me up in the Hyatt hotel right next door. I thought the interview went great and should hear back within the next 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked many questions, it was more of conversation-based interviews. Nothing sticks out as difficult or hard to answer.   Answer Question

Office Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Costa Mesa, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Clark Construction Group in March 2010.

Clark flew me to Costa Mesa on a Thursday evening and put me in a nearby hotel. I met with several other recruits and Clark's Human Resources representative and visited a project. The next morning I met with the other recruits again at Clark's office for interviews. It was a round robin style interview and I met with seven Clark employees ranging from a second-year employee to a Vice President. Each interview was about a half hour long.

Interview Questions
    • A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?   View Answers (66)
    There wasn't much in terms of negotiation. I received a letter in the mail a couple weeks after the interview that provided details of my offer. When I counter-offered, I was told that would not be possible.

Office Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethesda, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Clark Construction Group in January 2011.

Submitted a resume online and a few weeks later was called about flying to DC to interview at HQ. Flew in and out in the same day (very long day). Interviewed with three executives in the division hiring for about a half hour each and finished with a half hour with the VP of HR.

Questions about previous experience and activities.

Was offered a position verbally day of the interview and the next day the details of salary and benefits was sent to me.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you without construction experience?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable. DC is very expensive so try to get as much as you can but keep in mind lots of other people probably will take what you were offered so it probably won't happen.

Office Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Clark Construction Group in January 2012.

Very nice place. It felt more like they were selling clark than anything else. Said they would call the following week but instead sent a letter two weeks later saying I did not get selected. Oh well. Nice people though

Office Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Clark Construction Group in December 2011.

An HR representative came to campus and interview many candidates in a 1 on 1 format. After that it took about a month to hear back from HR if I was invited to a second round interview. I then got the good news of being invited to DC for a 2nd rounder and scheduled it for 3 weeks later. They were very flexible in terms of the travel plans. I am from the region and was able to schedule my interview right before thanksgiving and schedule my return flight for after thanksgiving. This afforded me the opportunity to come home for the holidays. I then found out a week and a half later about my offer and expressed gratitude. I waited a week to discuss specifics of the offer and ran the numbers. I then negotiated a higher singing bonus but the salary did not move.

Interview Questions

I had a better offer from a different company in terms of job description, compensation, bonus opportunities, stock purchasing options, 401k matching contributions, and much better health benefits.

Worked for Clark Construction Group? Contribute to the Community!