Clayton Homes Interview Questions

Updated 17 Sep 2014
Updated 17 Sep 2014

2.5

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Clayton Homes.

The hiring process started off with two over the phone interviews that were trying to gauge your interest. We had one in person interview. They asked me basic general interview question. One of the interviewers was very probing.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any really difficult interview questions.   Answer Question

Home Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Clayton Homes.

Was contacted by an HR rep within two hours. Did a preliminary interview over the phone. Did a second one. Then was emailed a link to perform their psychological assessment (CALIPER.) That took 30 minutes. After passing that, I interviewed with the General Manager. Then interviewed with the Regional Manager. Then took the background and drug screen. To be honest, I thought it was ALOT for a sales position but am glad I did it. Took about 3 weeks total.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty straight forward. Wanted to know my opinion about my past experience with sales processes.   Answer Question
    Wasn't any negotiation. Their pay plan is pretty straight forward. (Production Based)

Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maryville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryville, TN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Clayton Homes in July 2014.

I had an interview set up by a recruiting firm that really didn't take my qualifications into any account. I never heard back from the recruiter or the company. Was asked to sit with other technicians to get a feel for the position.

Interview Questions
    • so what kind of questions do you have for me   View Answer

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Clayton Homes in April 2014.

Quick initial application followed by phone call , full application, Assessment Test and reference check and finally interview. I was surprised that no one from the Company bothered to say thanks but we went for another applicant, thanks for applying or anything. Manager did not return call.

Interview Questions
    • Went over my assessment test. Some general questions about my experience. Went over the same questions in the phone interview (how do you handle rejection, etc).   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through my university. A couple days later I received a call telling me they were interested in interviewing me. I went in and spoke with 4 people over about 2 hours. It was basic interview questions. Everyone was very nice and I had an overall positive experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a bit about yourself?

...there weren't many curveballs
        Answer Question

Home Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Clayton Homes in October 2013.

Interview process was minimal but then I had a Real Estate background so it was understood that I knew sales and home sales in that arena. Manager seemed unconcerned, the other manager I went to interview with as part of this process also offered me a position if the original location did nit work out.

THERE IS NO NEGOTIIATING, poor base pay

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Clayton Homes.

The Summer Internship process generally begins with an on campus interest session where you can speak with company representatives and give a resume, otherwise you may upload a resume on your schools career services website but there was no formal online application.
    After that you receive a call to schedule a short first round phone interview assessing your interest in the company and past experience. If you perform well you will be asked to schedule a second round interview with an HR manager.
    The second round interview takes place at the Corporate Offices in Maryville, TN. You get a better talk and more specific questions from an HR manager and are asked your preferences for placement if asked in for a final interview at headquarters.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a leader and a manager?   Answer Question

Declined because of other internship offer

Home Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Clayton Homes.

I applied for a position with Clayton Homes 5 months ago. I ended communications with them due to the fact that I took a position with another company. Out of he blue I recieved an email asking me if I was interested in a position as a home sales consultant and if so please send us your updated resume. I returned my resume and recieved a phone call from a recruiter within Clayton homes. We had a brief phone interview asking me the basic interview questions such as explain your career path in sales, what do you like about sales, how do you feel about advancement and would you relocate, etc... Realy very basic. I have been a hiring manager for the last 10 years and I have never given an interview so easy. Next I was sent an assesment to take online. There were various types of questions anging from what would you do in a situation to mathamatical type questions. Simular to a profile assesment and an IQ test. After I passed this exam I was then called by the recruiter to set up an interview with the general manager. Again another easy interview. Though I have been in sales for quite some time I basically lead the interview. I was prepared and had a two page list of questions. I do not think the general manager was prepared for this. Hint to all always come prepared to your interview, do research on any company you are interviewing with. After about a 30 minute interview I was called yet again by the recruiter to schedule an interview with the district manager. It was last minute but I made it happen. This interview lasted 15 minutes tops. The district manager looked at my resume and we went over my job history, he then pulled my assessment scores and said we will be in touch. The next day I got an email from the corporate office requesting references. I sent the references in and two days later I was sent an email to take a drug screening. I took the drug screening the next day and the following day I was offered a position. Again this was a very easy process to get hired. I have worked for national companies all my life and have never had an easier time to get through the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • What have you brought to the table to increase your sales with your current company?   View Answer

I have not declined nor accepted the position. I am going to negotiate some vacation time that I have planned as well as working hours and days off.

Regional Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Clayton Homes in September 2012.

I had an initial phone interview with the lead recruiter, who I had known from a previous employer. The second step was to be an hour long interview with her boss, the VP of HR. When we met, he was somewhat in a hurry, did not ask me many questions about a previous job that was very similar and did not seem that engaged in the interview. I was told that they were initially speaking to 4 individuals that they had singled out, me being one of those, and that they were going to pick 2 from that group to do an assessment and to do a panel interview. I was e-mailed a week later and told I was not selected and that they were going to proceed with another candidate. Then 2 days later, they posted the job online.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you supported your clients when you where with "x"? (which was 3 jobs ago.   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Clayton Homes in October 2011.

Didn't take too long, maybe 2-3 weeks

Interview Questions
    They weren't able to offer the money I wanted but they were flexible on scheduling.

Worked for Clayton Homes? Contribute to the Community!