Coca-Cola Company

Updated 15 Dec 2014
Updated 15 Dec 2014

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Market Development Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

Phone interview with recruiter. In person interview. Conducted a role play with a sales call. Met with district sales manager. Standard Drug screen. Background test. Standard everything. If you get a phone interview you're gold.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   View Answer
They were willing to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Coca-Cola Company

Market Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

interviewed at Coca-Cola Company in November 2014.

I applied for a market development manager position with Coca-Cola. I was then contacted by a recruiter and had my first interview about a week later. My interview was held an hour after it was scheduled.

Market Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company in September 2014.

I received a call from the recruiter at Coca cola. We spoke and she made an interview appointment for me. I met with two managers in San Leandro, CA. They asked me questions that were scripted. nothing out of the ordinary. You had to answer questions based on the STAR system. Then there was role playing.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult. You have to remember some of your accomplishments and how you did it. They want to know how you were able to turn something bad into the a positive outcome.   Answer Question

Market Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company in July 2014.

Applied online, contacted by recruiter 2 weeks later, had interview with DM 1 week later and follow-up conference call with RM 2 days later. Offered position 1 week after. Process took around 4 weeks. First interview was cancelled initially then rescheduled. Overall an average interview. Know the company and their current initiatives for the role play and be confident and always, close the sale!

Interview Questions
    • 4 basic questions with answers in STAR format and 10 minute role play at the end. Most questions were centered around performance with people working for you or that you were not responsible for.   Answer Question
    Recruiter asked what I was making at last job and said the range is a few thousand above and below - offer was higher than initially discussed.

Market Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company in June 2014.

Had a phone screening in which I was told I would be going to the next round of face-to-face interviews with two district managers. HR from ATL or FL would be setting the appointment. Got a call a few days later and interview scheduled the following week. They email you attachments about the company and interview process. They tell you to prepare your answers using the STAR method. My email attachments included the interviewers questions, clearly a mistake by the recruiter. There were 4 questions and a role play scenario. Role Play: Make Coca-Cola the exclusive beverage provider for a high school. Establish a rapport and move into the sales pitch. Key points to hit are customer service, healthy options, overcoming price objections and be familiar with the Coke/KAB recycling program. The process hasn't changed since 2011 according to the document they sent. Just FYI I aced the interview but given my extensive sales experience and admission that this was hopefully a foot in the door in order to move up in the company probably scared them away from hiring me.

Interview Questions
    • You are used to having conversations with high-level executives, how are you going to feel about calling on a places like a Chinese Restaurant with an owner that speaks broken English?   Answer Question

Market Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company in June 2014.

There were 2 people in the room interviewing me asking basic questions and asked if I can answer them in the STAR format. That part lasted about 10-15 minuets, then they asked if we can do a mock sales pitch of selling Coca-Cola. They give you a paper that has all of the information that you need and then they give you 10 minutes to study and create your sales pitch. There were 40+ people interviewing for this job in Fresno, CA

Market Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alsip, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alsip, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Coca-Cola Company in May 2014.

Submitted application online. Called for an in - person interview at a distribution facility. Interview started late however it still ran for an hour. Interviewed with two people, a DSM and an ASM.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were situational with one role play component. Tell me about a time sort of questions... Interviewers read from a script so there weren't any usual questions. I was given a description for the role play exercise. It's good to know something about the company's product offerings and recycling initiatives for this portion.   Answer Question

Declined the offer based on low salary and benefits package. Traditionally they pay low which means that it takes a while to achieve something competitive if you come with experience. They were unwilling to negotiate.

Market Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company in March 2014.

First there was a phone interview and the HR manager explained the position and asked:
    - Why do you want to work here?
    - Why are you leaving your current role?
    - What do you do at your current job?
    - What is your salary expectation?
    And then she scheduled an in person interview:
    He asked me to go over my resume and tell him everything
    He asked about a time when I had to deal with a coworker that didn't like my idea. There was a role play where I had to sell Coke vending machines to a high school.

Market Development Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company in March 2014.

Applied Online. Contacted by an outside recruiter a couple weeks later. Had an initial phone screening with the recruiter followed by a face-to-face interview with two hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was not difficult and had some pretty basic questions. After the questions you're asked to role play a specific customer/sales rep scenario.   Answer Question

Market Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Coca-Cola Company.

Recruiter called, Set up interview, One interview, Role play

Interview Questions
    Negotiations were through recruiter and very one sided