Code and Theory Interview Questions

2.5

Mid Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Code and Theory.

This is a very busy environment so if there are changes or people interviewing you that you might not have known about - don't be surprised.

Interview Questions
    • What are your favorite ads running now and why? What other agencies do you admire?   Answer Question
    I got a fair offer.

User Experience Designer Interview

phone interview, common interview questions, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why are you interested, your relevant experience

Web Developer Interview

There was a fairly technical phone screen, and a partly technical, partly behavioral interview with two senior level developers. The senior developers all knew their stuff and were very personable. They diversified the process by throwing in a one-on-one with a member from a different department, so it gave some insight into how the company worked and the people worked together.

Interview Questions
    • Good question, but it was mostly behavioral and testing for cultural fit once I got past the phone screen.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Code and Theory in June 2012.

employee referal, HR contacted me, two phone interviews and then an offer

Front-End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Code and Theory in December 2009.

The interview process began with a detailed email exchange, which moved on to a technical phone interview. Once I made it through the technical phone interview, I was asked to come to NYC and meet with the tech. director and a few others (a project manager, another developer) in person. The in-person interview lasted a few hours and was very comprehensive. I really enjoyed everyone I met with, and the company atmosphere and environment was pleasant and positive. Overall, I believe I would have enjoyed working with this team of people.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to complete a series of coding exercises using pen and paper.   Answer Question

I was seeking a higher salary than was offered.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Code and Theory in January 2009.

Showcased portfolio. Answered process questions. Talked about how I would fit with the team.

Interview Questions
    Relaxed. They were open to consideration.