Comcast Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated 10 Apr 2015

2.8

TELESALES Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast (Alpharetta, GA (US)).

Interview

The hiring process began with a formal interview at the department of labor. From there interview again at the site. Submitted a drug and background check. Called back and offered position.

Interview Questions

• What are some goals that you strive to meet even if you fail?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very comfortable.

TELESALES Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Comcast (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I would advise you to get there early. The parking lot is huge and you will be forced to park far away. I checked in with security and waited for a very short amount of time before going through the interview process. I met with the recruiter first, who explained the job description and offered an opportunity for questions. Then I met with the department manager, and did a more formal interview. It went by very fast and I was escorted out. All of the employees I spoke to were in good spirits and very welcoming.

Customer Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Comcast (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the position and received a phone call the following day. A recruiter called to welcome me to take an assessment I took it the day after. The next week another recruiter called to let me know that I was going to be set up for a face to face interview!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you've dealt with an irate customer in the work place.   Answer Question

Comcast Communications Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Comcast (Peachtree City, GA (US)).

Interview

Two people were in the room. They asked around 30 questions. For example, Explain a time where you had to multitask and how did you deal with it. Another was, explain a time when you had to deal with an angry customer. One of the interviewers was a woman with short hair who clearly did not like me from the moment I sat down for the interview. The interview was to long and drawn out. They asked me a lot of questions which neither gauged my intelligence, nor the quality of worker I am. During the interview the one with the short hair gave me awkward looks as though she had already made her mind up about me. Overall it was the worse interview I have had from a company. Thank you Comcast. This interview and past customer service, when choosing which internet provider to go with, is why I am proud to call myself an AT&T customer.

Comm Tech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Comcast (Atlanta, GA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

I decided to share my experience and maybe help someone get better prepare for theirs . I was contacted by a manpower recruiter about the position 8-18-2014 via email since he found my resume at monster.com. I emailed him back at 9am , by 11am I was contacted for a phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes . The recruiter sent me a link to my email to take a test . I completed the test by 2pm it takes about 49 min to complete . It was a pretty easy self assessment , basic math , mechanical test which I completed the same day. By 3pm I received a phone call from the recruiter to inform me that I passed the test and he wanted me to go forward with the process if I was still interested so he scheduled me for a face to face interview for 8-26-2014 .

The interview process was simple and not intimidating at all . I interview with two supervisors , ones was doing all the questioning , the other was making notes . They were very friendly and made me feel like I was taking to friends . They asked about 20 questions and to my surprise , only two were technical , the others were about overcoming difficult customers , biggest accomplishments at previous jobs , pretty much the kind of questions that defines your work ethics , customer service , safety , team work and leadership and to me this was great . Coming from a customer service , office management background I had no problems answering any of the questions . At the end of the interview I was given a chance to ask any questions , and that was that ! Easy enough . The next day ( today ) I received the email with the offer letter ( pending background and drug screening ) and if that goes well ( which it will ) I will be given a start date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you have to use a manual to troubleshoot an electronic device and what was the outcome .   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you witnessed an unsafe act at your workplace and what course of action did you take .   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Very long interview process, 10 year background check

Interview Questions

• Can you give me your former company's on boarding process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it!

Business Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Comcast (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

You will be interviewed by a panel of managers, and you will go through a very long background check. If selected they will then have you then have you meet with the Director. 3 weeks later they will bring you for training.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What qualifications do you have to bring to the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

they offered me a set base and then I counter offered there offer and received it.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Comcast (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

The process was very simple They asked questions concerning my hobbies. I believe they want to hire people who are very young - around 20 or 30 years old.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies. What kind of books have you read.   Answer Question

Comm Tech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Comcast (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

I literally scouted the net to find information on this entire hiring process, and since I've gotten the job I've decide to do someone a favor & release some tensions and anxiety by giving a full recap of this "JOURNEY" before i actually landed this job.

- Firstly, i applied online to every open position that was within 20-30 miles near me within the week of September 17,2013. That same week i got an email to take an assessment,which i took and completed about 88% of it and i am yet to be told if i passed or failed but i can safely assume that i passed.

- The following week i received a call from a recruiter who did a phone interview which basically outlined all the job required and he asked if i was able and comfortable doing all the requirements and he asked if i had any criminal history and asked if my driving record was clean , which thankfully I've been a good little guy [which I hope Mrs.Clause rewards me for this Christmas :)] and both were clean. He then told me that someone should get in touch with me to schedule the interview the forthcoming Friday, which no one did and i began to worry and called him and he said that some one would call me by the following Tuesday the latest. The following Tuesday came and no one called so i began to wonder if they weren't gonna select me anymore and i began to lose hope after i called back the recruiter guy and the guy literally said "i don't know why they haven't called yet, but they should have and there's nothing i can do"

-Wednesday morning came and a lady called me and basically ran through all the questions that the guy had asked me and i gave the same replies, and she scheduled my interview for the following day. Luckily Wednesday and Thursday were my days off from my old job and i got to prepare myself adequately for the interview.

-Interview morning,i arrived half an hour early, and was warmly greeted and kindly told to wait until 15 minutes before my appointed time to re-enter the building and i did so and took seat and waited on whosoever was going to interview me and not a minute after my appointed time(Lol i honestly expected them to be an hour or so late based on past interview experiences) two managers came and interviewed me, the interview started and ended very well,lasted about 50 minutes, was the best interview that I've ever had, and i thank all my past failed interviews primarily the last one i had for At&t to have inspired me to do even better and just be me,tell the truth and don't try to polish or butter anything up in the interview to make myself look impressive.(P.S the only job experiences i had prior to this was as a Cart Pusher and i use to wash dishes also, but sometimes your stuck doing unfortunate things you have no interest in doing in order to make some money to survive and while getting this job isn't the biggest success story out there its a stepping block into to a field i have immense passion for and i intend to give my uttermost best to this job and let my gratefulness be seen every day).

-Five days(which felt like a month lol) after the job interview i was emailed and told i had gotten the job and was given a conditional offer pending my drug and background check and was sent an email with links that provided me information about my drug and background check. Did the drug test which took maybe 3-5 days for the results to come back and also the background check which took exactly two weeks to come back( it probably took that long because I'm from a foreign country and took resident in the U.S only a few years now, could be shorter for you)

-About two days after my background check was completed by Carco,i received my final offer which i signed and faxed back to their HR. Benefits included free cable and high speed internet and a decent pay which "For Me", can allow me to breath a little n enjoy life a little. My starting date is next week and i would gladly give a review on what is to follow after i start but i don't expect this job to be a walk in the park, i expect hard days and not so hard days just like any other job, but i would gladly embrace any hard day in which i'll be surrounded with technology that's making a difference in a vast amount of peoples' lives :).Feel free to ask questions that might not have been answered above, i will reply, otherwise, i hope this article helps someone who is in a similar spot that i was in and just wants to know whats coming next and how long the process will take, just as a note in-case you haven't been keeping track, the whole process took about 5-6 weeks for me, it could be longer or shorter for you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to put yourself or a customer in harms way to get the job done.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to show a customer how a product works.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, there is a set pay they start everyone off with, however there are opportunities for pay increases based on performances.

Telecom Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Comcast (Marietta, GA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

My recruiter was very helpful and available. My interview with the Manager of Telecom went very well. She explained her needs and I provided examples of how I could fulfill those needs. Manager appeared of even temperament and professional. I was bringing to the table over 15 years telecom Engineering experience. Per the interview that is was they needed. The expectation was that this position would go perm.

Interview Questions

• There were not difficult questions. Position requirements were discussed and understood. The various products and software was discussed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Starting as a contractor, the negotiation phase was already completed prior to interview. I never got to "negotiate" with Comcast for a full time position.