Comcast

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lynnwood, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in April 2014.

Interview Details It was very pleasant, there were 3 people in the interview. One was shadowing to become an HR rep, one to take notes and one to ask questions and facilitate conversation.

Interview Question – What is a conflict that arose at work that you had to solve or how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other job offers

Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Comcast in July 2013.

Interview Details Exchanged emails, set a time and did a phone interview

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Comcast.

Interview Details The easiest way to start the process is to know a sales rep, however Comcast is always hiring for this position. typically a recruiter will contact you first, they explain the job and ask a few basic question such as are you willing to work Saturdays and why do you want to do sales? then you meet with a manager for the local office you are going to work at. its all basic sales questions they want you to sale yourself to them. Also before you meet with the manger you have to take a personality test. you want to sound as if you always take charge and you are able to think quickly on your feet. This job is what you make of it. Comcast will drop you in a sec if you don't make your numbers. there is a lot of freedom with this job so don't abuse it or you will find yourself short of your quota.

Interview Question – What is the last thing you would do if you were unable to close a sale?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

West Palm Beach, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in July 2012.

Interview Details The management was upbeat but not demanding or stressfull

Interview Question – Are you able to work independently in the field?   View Answer

White Marsh, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Comcast in April 2011.

Interview Details A really rioters called me and asked if I was still interested. There were some basic questions as to my qualifications, and ability to do the job. Once confirmed, I attended a group interview session. The one-on-one interview went through my resume and qualifications, as well as a skills test. Once I finished my personal interview, I was received a letter of acceptance.

Interview Question – What is one thing you struggle with in the work environment?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in March 2012.

Interview Details Talk to the guy on the phone wanted to set an interview up ASAP. Asked mostly on sales experience and allowed me to ask many questions on the position.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at Comcast in October 2011.

Interview Details Fast, easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – simple, straightforward

Morgan Hill, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Comcast in June 2011.

Interview Details A staffing firm set this up for me and they said I needed to do Comcast's application as a formality. SO the next morning as I am getting ready for the interview I get a rejection from Comcast for the position. I call the agency and she was not really on the ball at all, and just said to still go it must have been a "mix up". I was reluctant to go as it was almost 45 minutes away. I get there 20 minutes early and sat there for almost an hour and when "Mr. Sam" finally came out he just pointed to me and fingered me to come over , no introduction or nothing, I had to ask him for his name, REALLY unprofessional. They then had me do a mock call selling their products, which took like a minute or two. I mean I could have done that from my dang couch. The other girl who was there interviewing with me said that she didn't even study (and I did) and she got the formal interview (she didn't meet with Mr. Sam) and she mentioned that she had friends that worked there and they said it was an extremely stressful job. Guess things happen for a reason.

Interview Question – Customer calls in wanting internet and cable.   View Answer

Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in January 2010.

Interview Details There was an initial phone interview, followed by a "meat market" Open House, where, if you did well in the preliminary screening phase (completing application, basic questions), you were asked to go in the back with a supervisor or recruiter for a brief, one-on-one interview. General questions about your background are asked, along with the requisite "Why should I hire you?" question. All in all, not too bad.

Interview Question – Name an example of you going "above and beyond" for a customer or client.   Answer Question

Schaumburg, IL (US)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in January 2011.

Interview Details At first I originally interviewed over the phone with comcast, and declined to go any further. About a month or so later I received a call from h.r. again asking if I was still interested. I figured I'd give it a shot. It took about a month for them to set a date for an interview. There were about 25-30 people that showed up. I don't know who they called, but I guess some people don't know what dress professional means.
   So, we had a very brief information session about 20 minutes. The big hype was free cable and internet. Okay, granted a nice perk. But seriously it's only cable, some people need to relax about it.
  They talk about averaging $20 per hour, and making approx. $40k per year. It doesn't add up at their 32 hour work week. What they don't tell you over the phone is that they HIGHLY encourage you to also work Sundays. That's 16 hours Sat, and Sun., for $40k that's ridiculous, and the only mathematical way to make $40k a year at $20 per hour. FYI, the base pay is $5 an hour, that a joke in itself.
   Next I had an interview 1 on 1 with a supervisor. It went very well. I was told to wait about a half hour or so, as I did. I then interviewed with all three supervisors at once. This was kind of a joke. It only lasted about 7 minutes and their big thing was, "sell me a pen" so I did. I was told I would be contacted within a week and be informed of a decision. I never received a call. I am not upset about not getting the job, especially because it won't even really cover my bills, and the hours are kinda ridiculous for that pay. What I didn't like is that the h.r. rep called me almost once a week for about two months to get me interested and stay enticed, and they didn't even have the courtesy to do a follow up phone call or email to say thank you, but we've choose someone else. Instead they did nothing. Very unprofessional. If they called tomorrow I wouldn't take the job if they offered it for more money.
  I have over 10 years experience in sales and have made a decent living at it. The only reason I interviewed with comcast is because the market hasn't been so good in certain industries and am currently seeking employment to pay may bills, I thought this would be an okay temporary job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Comcast

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Comcast Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Comcast employees and interview candidates.