Condé Nast

Relevance Date Difficulty

Art Assistant Interview

Art Assistant
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online through the Conde Nast careers site and was contacted the same day by HR to set up an interview. On the day of my interview I met with HR as well as the person that would be my direct supervisor, interview lasted one hour.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty standard interview questions, there weren't any truly unexpected questions. There was an emphasis on professionalism and being able to handle speaking with upper management within the company in an intelligent and professional way, and asking if I would be comfortable with that.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and HR contacted me 3 days later for preliminary phone chat. Following week asked in for 1:1 interview with HR and VP. The process was pleasant, however I felt like each individual was trying to persuade me out of my interest in the role.

Interview Question – All questions were thoughtful, however I was constantly told how challenging a workplace CN is...how difficult it was to work there. So, most questions revolved around how I handle difficult situations.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Condé Nast in March 2013.

Interview Details I received this interview through mutual connections. It was a pretty straightforward interview, although I was surprised to meet two more team members in addition to the one I was in communication with. I was asked general questions regarding my education and experience, nothing new. Obviously, I was asked about my knowledge about the publication as well-- so do your research!

Interview Question – I was asked about if I could name an editor who could best fit the aesthetic of the magazine.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous
New York, NY (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in April 2014.

Interview Details Sent my resume to the Director at the Magazine, who sent it to the HR person.

I scheduled the interview with the HR person, who not only rescheduled for another week but apparently changed the decision date to mid summer.

Interview Question – None, they were all very basic questions   View Answer

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Assistant Marketing Manager
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in April 2014.

Interview Details Got an email to set up phone interview with HR Recruiter, had an in person interview next week, and a second in person interview the following week

Interview Question – Why do you like to work in teams   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview Details Very to the point, no time wasted, edit test given (editorial department)

Interview Question – Do you know how to tweet?   View Answer

Web Producer Interview

Web Producer
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in April 2013.

Interview Details Applied via a job site, was contacted by email, and set up an interview with the person who would be my supervisor. Never met with anyone senior at the time. People were friendly, even though I don't think it's the sort of place that makes everyone feel comfortable. They mostly asked questions related to the job.

Interview Question – They were pretty straightforward, no curve balls. Going in honest was the best choice.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Should have tried.

Ad Sales Assistant Interview

Ad Sales Assistant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview Details Was contacted by human resources directly. Met with the recruiter the following week and that day was introduced to three sales directors I would be supporting.

Interview Question – Why are you good for the job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You take what they offer and you'll like it.

Contractor and Full Time Work Interview

Contractor and Full Time Work
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Condé Nast.

Interview Details Standard questions: Tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume, Behavioral interview questions as well. The job description presented was extremely vague which gave me the impression that there would be a lot more work involved than was being explained. Though I think this kind of freedom could be a good thing, my take was that in this case it would not be a good thing! They also wanted salary history. Hiring seemed to be mostly based on whether or not they like a person.

Interview Question – They did not use business cases but I was asked for examples of my work ethic and successes for each job on my resume. Very aggressive interviewing style in general.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was a rushed and unclear, process and they made a low offer compared to others I received. Seemed as though they thought I should be jumping at the chance (which perhaps others do, which is why they may be comfortable with that approach). I've learned from the past how important liking the work environment and culture can be. The treatment during recruitment was a warning.

Delhi (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Condé Nast in February 2014.

Interview Details Communication goes through an online registration.It takes awhile for hr to revert back.The process is not convenient as a direct contact from the applicant to the hr would be very convenient.

Interview Question – Do you know about this certain "xyz field" when your major is something else?   Answer Question

Worked for Condé Nast? Contribute to the Community!