ConocoPhillips

Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Operator Interview

Process Operator
Borger, TX (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in August 2009.

Interview Details There are numerous steps to the interview and hiring process starting with the initial application, aptitude and problem solving testing, a phone interview to determine your experience level, a mental assesment to determine your ability to work with others and finally an in person interview before a board of other employees before an offer of employment may be issued.

Interview Question – Why would you take a pay cut to start at the bottom to work for us?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation, an offer was extended for an hourly rate with set increases based on length of employment and advancement.

PTRRC Associate Interview

PTRRC Associate
Houston, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details Interviewed by two managers. They asked about my experience. Very conversational.

Con: It took 4 months to hear back on a decision.

Interview Question – The interview was more like a conversation to get to know me. They asked if I had any experience in taxes, real estate, and properties.   Answer Question

Upstream Revenue Analyst Interview

Upstream Revenue Analyst
Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in February 2013.

Interview Details Was contacted by a recruiter initially and interviewed with 4 different people a week later. All 4 were from different departments and had different outlooks. It was good to get multiple opinions and answers. It was mostly a behavioral interview process but was very "down to earth" and welcoming. They were not intimidating like most interviews like this. They provided great insight on the company and we talked about my skills and most importantly my hobbies outside of work. They were very concerned about a work life balance which I thought was great. A week after interviewing I was offered a position with the company.

Interview Question – Be prepared for behavioral questions that focus on analytical ability, team work, leadership, and initiative. Come prepared with answers that highlight those things and that relate to the position open.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details Met the recruiters at a job fair. They selected about 10 for the interview process, and filled two spots. The interview was very basic behavioral questions, with maybe one or two technical questions. ConocoPhillips had very friendly employees, and emailed/called with an offer about three weeks later.

Interview Question – Name something you didn't do and/or regret from your college experience.   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Petroleum Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details University interview process. 30 minute initial interview on campus followed by Houston visit meeting 4 to 5 employees and interviewing with each of them separately.

Everyone was very friendly and they paid for expenses while in Houston. I was also impressed with their facility.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral type questions and general review of resume and career goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Ponca City, OK (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in November 2008.

Interview Details On campus screening and interview. Site interview where I interviewed with other professionals in the group that I would be working with.

Interview Question – Why I did so poorly in one class (when my other grades were excellent).   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other job that I desired more.

Engineering Technician Interview

Engineering Technician

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details Two interviews, one with manager, then with peers. behaviour questions asked

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted offer.

IT New Hire Interview

IT New Hire

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details Attended a university career fair, where I submitted my resume. I set up the interview through a career website, and also exchanged emails though one of the recruiters. The interview involved general behavioral interview type questions. Things like, "Tell me a time when you were in a team, and things weren't going so well," or something along those lines.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you used technology to help solve a problem.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern

Interviewed at ConocoPhillips

Interview Details Very informal, Interviewed with someone who worked in supply chain, not someone from H.R. Two people, one mostly asked the questions and talked while the other mostly took notes. Most questions related to how I handled situations in the past and my experience relevant to the position. Overall, a relaxed interview experience.

Interview Question – Name a time when you knew that you were right but others wouldn't believe you.   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst
Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2012.

Interview Details Initially was a single 30 minute interview on campus. This was followed up by an onsite day, which consisted of going to Bartlesville, getting to eat dinner with new hires, breakfast and benefits talk, 3 interviews back to back to back, and then a tour of the facilities they have in downtown.

Interview Question – What is your definition of Working Capital? What happens if this gets larger? What happens to this if your Current Liabilities go down?   View Answer