ConocoPhillips

Updated 20 Nov 2014
Updated 20 Nov 2014

2.9

Petrotech Apprentice Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

I applied to ConocoPhillips Graduate Development Program called Petro Tech Apprentice in Indonesia, to be exact at Depok - Universitas Indonesia. First test is English test with TOEIC standard. Then, if you pass this test, you can go on to the next test which are psychometry test and interview with psychologist. Psychometry test is done on the same day with english test, then the interview will be done on the next day.

Interview Questions
    • There is no unexpected question, but the question is correlate with our job experience or organizational experience. For example, what problem that you have faced in your organization or your job? such thing like that. Actually, the question will be the same like the question in the form that you have to filled in before the interview   Answer Question

Summit Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interviewed at a job fair and a site visit a few weeks later at the HQ in Houston. Interviewed with 5 different people who asked a lot of cliche behavioral questions from what I believe was a prepared list. Everyone I met with seemed professional and pleasant. Didn't hear back from this company for 3 WEEKS after this interview, but was finally given a verbal offer (salary, start date, etc).
    Was told to expect an official written offer in a few days, then was asked for my college transcript which no one had asked for during this whole process. Didn't hear anything for a few days, then received a call saying they were retracting my offer due to lower than expected grades on my transcript.
    Obviously I thought this was poorly handled, if it was so important to them why did they not ask for it before?
     I recommend you take a strong look at this program before you potentially waste over a month of your time with these people like I did.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you used your technical abilities to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Sourcing & Contracting Coordinator/Senior Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in April 2013.

Applied back in early Feb, was contacted in April for an interview at headquarters. I was told it would be from 1-4p. Conversations were pretty fluid but the entire interview only last 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What would you change at your current job? What Terms and Conditions do you normally follow?   Answer Question

PTRRC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interviewed by two managers. They asked about my experience. Very conversational.

Con: It took 4 months to hear back on a decision.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was more like a conversation to get to know me. They asked if I had any experience in taxes, real estate, and properties.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in March 2013.

Takes a while to get through the system. HR and recruiting is somewhat unwieldy. Once they are interested, opportunities come up. Interviews are not particularly difficult if you are competent and knowledgable about your subject matter.

I don't rate the interviews as too difficult, but if I was applying outside my depth, I think I would have been weeded out.

Interview Questions
    • Only surprise was they drug test. (Very safety conscious).   View Answer
    They start with a very competitive offer. Consider any offer you get to be about 50% higher when you factor in the generous benefits. (Great profit-sharing, bonus, on-site health facilities, etc.)

If anything, they aren't aggressive enough in presenting the opportunity.

RPA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in March 2013.

applied through school website and was contacted a few weeks later for an interview. There were several people there to talk with you before the interview and get you to fill out something's. I had two people interview me asked a lot of different types of questions, but the hardest was behavioral type questions.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Met the recruiters at a job fair. They selected about 10 for the interview process, and filled two spots. The interview was very basic behavioral questions, with maybe one or two technical questions. ConocoPhillips had very friendly employees, and emailed/called with an offer about three weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Name something you didn't do and/or regret from your college experience.   Answer Question

Upstream Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips in February 2013.

Was contacted by a recruiter initially and interviewed with 4 different people a week later. All 4 were from different departments and had different outlooks. It was good to get multiple opinions and answers. It was mostly a behavioral interview process but was very "down to earth" and welcoming. They were not intimidating like most interviews like this. They provided great insight on the company and we talked about my skills and most importantly my hobbies outside of work. They were very concerned about a work life balance which I thought was great. A week after interviewing I was offered a position with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for behavioral questions that focus on analytical ability, team work, leadership, and initiative. Come prepared with answers that highlight those things and that relate to the position open.   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

University interview process. 30 minute initial interview on campus followed by Houston visit meeting 4 to 5 employees and interviewing with each of them separately.

Everyone was very friendly and they paid for expenses while in Houston. I was also impressed with their facility.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral type questions and general review of resume and career goals.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Engineering Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Two interviews, one with manager, then with peers. behaviour questions asked

Accepted offer.