ConocoPhillips

124 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT New Hire Interview

IT New Hire

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details Attended a university career fair, where I submitted my resume. I set up the interview through a career website, and also exchanged emails though one of the recruiters. The interview involved general behavioral interview type questions. Things like, "Tell me a time when you were in a team, and things weren't going so well," or something along those lines.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you used technology to help solve a problem.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Interviewed at ConocoPhillips

Interview Details Very informal, Interviewed with someone who worked in supply chain, not someone from H.R. Two people, one mostly asked the questions and talked while the other mostly took notes. Most questions related to how I handled situations in the past and my experience relevant to the position. Overall, a relaxed interview experience.

Interview Question – Name a time when you knew that you were right but others wouldn't believe you.   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst
Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2012.

Interview Details Initially was a single 30 minute interview on campus. This was followed up by an onsite day, which consisted of going to Bartlesville, getting to eat dinner with new hires, breakfast and benefits talk, 3 interviews back to back to back, and then a tour of the facilities they have in downtown.

Interview Question – What is your definition of Working Capital? What happens if this gets larger? What happens to this if your Current Liabilities go down?   View Answer

IT New Hire Interview

IT New Hire
Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2012.

Interview Details Recruiters were at my schools career fair and I applied for an interview through our career services office. About a week later I learned I had received an interview. The night before the interview they treated us to a dinner where we could ask questions and get to know some of the employees. The on-campus interview was a single 45 min behavioral interview.

less than a week later I received an email inviting me to an on-site interview at their IT headquarters in Bartlesville. They put me in a hotel the night before and we went to dinner with some past new hires. In the morning, we met up at a small recruiting office where they served us a delicious breakfast. We split into two groups, one started their interviews and the other went on a tour of the offices and surrounding town, then switched. There was a total of three 30 min behavioral interviews throughout the morning. They were fairly easy interviews, two of the interviewers were IT people, and one was HR. Some more past new hires took us to a nice lunch while HR met with everyone we had come in contact with since the first interview (reps from all the dinners and lunches, and all the interviewers). They discussed about all of the candidates while we were at lunch. When we got back, they wished us luck and sent us home. I really liked everyone I met there, and they were all very encouraging.

Two days later, I received a phone call letting me know I would be receiving an official offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate. The offer was higher than I honestly expected.

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst
Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in October 2012.

Interview Details Selected for campus interview and offered on site interview in Bartlesville, OK. The interview consisted of 3 30 minutes behavioral type questions.

Interview Question – What is working capital?   View Answer

Accounting/Finance Intern Interview

Manhattan, KS (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details Met the recruiter at a social the night before. The following day I stopped by the both and he had me sign up for a next day interview. Interview started off with generic question like what are your strengths and weaknesses. Then the interviewer ask 5 or 6 behavioral question. The ended by asking if I had any question. It's really important to come with intelligent, non generic questions.

Interview Question – How have you used microsoft excel in to help solve a problem.   View Answer

Investment Lease Analyst Interview

Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details On campus interview; then on site second interview. General resume questions and a tour of the campus

Fulltime Reservoir Engineer Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

Interviewed at ConocoPhillips

Interview Details Got interview in campus job fair. Was interviewed by two person, seems both of them are team leader or manager. Questions were about my school work and previous working experience. Nothing else

Interview Question – No too difficult questions, it seems to hire or not determined by whether they have an opening of your specialty.   Answer Question

Messaging Interview

Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at ConocoPhillips in July 2012.

Interview Details I was first called by HR to set up a time to have a technical interview about a week out. I was called for a technical interview which was given by the IT Manager and the IT Director. The technical interview lasted a little over an hour. They basically wanted to me to tell them what I knew. They did ask a couple of technical questions, but it was one of the easiest technical interviews I’ve ever had. That could have been because I went into so much detail about my experience. About 30 minutes to an hour after the interview I was called and arrangements were made to fly to Tulsa for an interview in Bartlesville three weeks out.

The interview in Bartlesville was from 9:30 am till almost 3:00 pm. I was interviewed by the IT Manager and the IT Director. As all the other reviews state, it was not a technical interview. They asked a lot of scenario based questions. After that interview I was given a tour and then taken to lunch with the Manager and several team members. After lunch they drove me around town a little and then I was interviewed by two other team members. The IT Manager came back in and we talked for a while and then I flew back home. Overall a great interview process. I was impressed with the facilities, the management, and the team.

About a week later they called me asking what I was expecting for salary. I told them and about four days later they called back with the offer. The reason they called is it was so much lower than I was asking that they said they didn’t want to insult me. The HR guy I was talking to said I could go into negotiations with them if I wanted, but it was pointless because they couldn’t come close to what I was asking. At that point I thanked him and that was it. I did email/call him back a couple of times because I had a couple of more questions, but at that point I never received a response. I guess they were done with me after I declined their offer.

For the position they were filling and expectations for that position, I was extremely disappointed in the offer. Make sure you speak to the HR person about salary before agreeing to fly to Tulsa for an interview. If it was that low, I figured they would have asked me what I was expecting, however it was never mentioned. Had they offered me close to what I was asking, I would have taken the job.

Interview Question – I read all of the questions on here and they suprised me with mostly new questions. If you read all the ones on here and write out answers to them, you should do fine.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was well below what I'm currently making and the HR person told me it would be a waste of time to negotiate.

Geologist Interview

Geologist
Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and interviewed at ConocoPhillips.

Interview Details Applied online though the company's website. I received a call back about 1 week later inviting me for an in-person interview. The interview consisted of a combination of technical questions related to my dissertation research and HR-style questions.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you were faced with a challenge and came up with a unique solution.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ConocoPhillips