Convergys Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
332 interviews

2.3

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in July 2014.

It was mainly a few basic internet knowledge questions, and about if my equipment could passed the tests to run their software. I do not remember which questions she asked, sorry. I was time efficient, didn't take long or interfere with anything else i had to do that day. I had little running around over those few days and had to reschedule, so they were flexible and never denied my a job offer or chance to interview.

Email Support Agent Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in June 2014.

Initial interview into a group of three, each of us was asked to describe about our Education. Second was asked to tell a story about a picture we picked. Then after passing the initial stage we were given IQ test and computer skills test. Then after passing the exams you are set for the final interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to relate all my answers based on my actual experience identifying the Action, Solution and Outcome.. The difficult part is to answer a subjective question from your actual experience which Administration/Executive assistance from my side and relating it to the question being asked which are mostly relating to Sales. It's not easy to connect to such, so it took me awhile to organize my thoughts before answering...but during the course of interview, i was interrupted many times by the interviewer, that i need to answer faster and that i need to be brief in my answers. The fact remains, it's not easy to connect administration experience to sales experience with consideration to it's actions, solution and outcome.   View Answer

Customer Care Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Convergys in June 2014.

My first encounter with this company was through a job fair. My resume was given and from that no contact was made for weeks. I went online and applied for the customer care position. There were many questions and online forms to fill out during the application process. Immediately after the innitial application was submitted I received an automated email notifying me of walk-in interviews being conducted on a specific day. I went to the interview and spoke with the first admissions rep who asked me about myself and if I worked there before. After that, more online forms for the company were filled out while there, and an exam was given to test my knowledge of computers. After my scores were tallied, I had yet another rep I spoke too who then proceeded to tell me more about the position and the hours and company requirements. The whole process took about 4 hours, so definitely eat before hand and show up early. Interview times may vary but that was mine. At the end I was told which training class I was in and what date it started class.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation on pay or shift time; however, once hired and passed the training phase, you can bid on open shifts to change your hours (based off your call stats) and the potential to earn raises are plenty. Just showing up to work on time every schedualed day for 6 months gives you a raise. So your career is litterally in your hands and have the potential of making 13.00 an hour max plus bonuses.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in August 2012.

The process was pretty simple. You feel out the application online after answering a series of questions to build your profile on their website and preference choices. When selected, then you took a couple of test like typing speed, speech quality as well as knowledge in basic window programs. From there once everything has passed as well as your computer that you will be using passes all of their checks. You should receive an email to set up for a one on one interview.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Laredo, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laredo, TX (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Convergys in July 2014.

The interview process was fairly simple. Glassdoor provided great interview and salary information to help me lock the job and proper pay. I highly recommend this Web site to anyone looking for any kind of job.

Interview Questions
    • Given you're business ventures and schedule, how will you find time to work at our company so it doesn't interfere with our routine?   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was easy; I had the upper hand, knowing all the information Glassdoor provided me. Highly recommend this site.

Call Center Agent Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Convergys in August 2013.

They will give an interview to anyone and everyone who submits a resume. Unless you're illiterate, you will get hired. Just be polite, lie and say that you have customer service experience, and tell them that you can work nights and weekends.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question they asked was to describe your most memorable customer service job.   Answer Question

Technical Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in July 2011.

at first I was on usps project ,took test on website was interviewed by phone and hired , once usps project was lost was offered oppurtunity to train on Directv project with paycut

Interview Questions
    • would you be willing to take pay cut? if you said no then bye bye   View Answer
    take it or leave it

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Convergys in May 2013.

3 rounds of interviews. They will call you at 11 or 12 but the rounds will start only after 3.
    First will be a written test with networking related objective type questions.
    Then there will be an one on one operations round.
    Finally there will be a VNA test.

Interview Questions
    Had to join immediately. So could not serve the notice periods in previous firm. Got a hike of 50%.

Subject Matter Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Convergys in June 2012.

Too good. It was a nice experience that I ever had. I went there from one of my references but Whatever I saw I learnt was good.I would surely prefer my friends to get the job and life of convergys.

Associate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wichita, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Convergys.

I was already an employee and management is usually hired from within. I was required to give a 15 minute presentation about anything I wanted, as long as I was teaching something. Then there was a 15 min question/answer interview portion. There could be a couple of different ways the interview/presentation is done, as a one-on-one or with a panel of people, dependent on availability

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very standard to any other interview I have been in   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary based on the base pay I was making at the time of the offer. I do, however, know others that were not able to negotiate based on the same. The others were promoted several years after I was.

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!