Convergys

Updated 25 Feb 2015
Updated 25 Feb 2015

2.3

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Convergys.

Extremely detailed. Technical interviews should not be given over the phone but rather in person where the candidate and others can collaborate on the best practices and methods. The hiring manager was the one giving the questions and should of been open to further technical ways to improve the way methods or procedures are met. He was very closed minded with a lot of attitude.

Interview Questions
    • Too many to cover, however, make sure you do your homework on protocols both on the layer 2-3. Lots of technical questions   View Answer

Tech Support Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Convergys.

The recruiter called to do a phone interview since this was a work from home position. She gave a brief, and I do mean a very brief, description of the job I would be doing and gave incorrect information to me in regards to certain job metrics that were required to be met. After that quick interview of asking me if I could work from home, which is basically the only requirement to be hired, I was hired. The only tests they did prior to employment was a typing test and you had to perform 3 tests on your computer set up at home.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel like you can work from home every day with little to no contact   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating

Convergys Work From Home Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys.

Very pleasant and enthusiastic woman called to conduct a phone interview with me. She made me feel at ease so I answered the questions almost as if I was talking with a friend. It helped me that I was able to clarify the questions before I answered them so that I could focus on what she really wanted to know. She listened really well because she would acknowledged my response, then summarized her point of the question. It helps to refresh your memory with your past jobs and the ones that you excelled in, why you excelled. And think about how you want to come across about how you deal with management and coworkers.

Interview Questions
    • Think of time you really excelled at a job. What is it that you think helped you excel or why did so well?   View Answer
    • How would you respond if you were told by your manager to spend less time assisting your coworkers?   Answer Question

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys.

Once I filled out the application online and completed a brief test and internet check I was contacted a couple of days later. On the phone interview, I was asked a couple of questions; they also explained the details of the job that I would be doing. I then set up an interview at their office. Not long after I arrived to the interview I was escorted to a computer room and took a 1 minute typing test. After that I waited to speak with my interviewer and was asked various questions about customer service and problem solving.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a professional experience when I had demonstrated excellent customer service by solving a problem for a customer?   Answer Question

Call Center Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Convergys in February 2015.

The interview process was a phone call with a series of questions. The representative was pleasant. The questions were relatively simple. I was stumped on one question, but that was because I couldn't hear her clearly.

Technical Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys in February 2015.

phone interview then onsite interview, probably overconfident that I would be hired on the spot. i have the experience and the drive but perhaps my age did me in. will give it a shot, still waiting for some response from my interview (7 days). somewhat apprehensive about the "culture" at convergys. my typing was the bomb! and i can navigate 2 tabs at once.

Interview Questions
    • has anyone ever given you totally honest criticism? and if so who (in other words... we will tell you you suck early and often)   View Answer

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Convergys in February 2015.

Applied online, got called the next day; they asked me to come the next Monday for an interview.
    I had to do a 50 pages test - there were IT questions, nothing too difficult if you study a little before it, an English grammar test, two other tests for the languages I was applying for, a math test, and a customer service skills test.
    While I was completing the test, I was called for my 1:1 interview; after that, I had to do another one in Spanish. The HR managers were really nice.
    After a couple of days, I got an email and they told me I got the job! :)

Interview Questions
    • Usual things - why did you apply here, tell me about yourself, etc.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

I was called in for an interview only to find out that I was not going to be talking to anyone, but simply doing testing. It consisted of a typing test, personality test, and a couple of "pop quiz" items on the company they do work for- Charter. The next day I was called to schedule an interview. I told them I could not make the time slot they wanted me to come in because of other things on my schedule. I called them back twice and still couldn't get an interview set for later in the day. It seems like a high turnover place, where you will prob be just a number, I took another position that paid a little better.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, I was told my 50 wpm typing score was average haha.   View Answer

Offer from a better company.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tamarac, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tamarac, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys.

They hire pretty much anyone that can speak English or Spanish that can walk on 2 legs. Mass turn-over - you produce or they will start notating it. You need to be adaptable to high levels of stress and change to maintain your position.

Interview Questions
    2 stages. I had to go back to fill out papers.

Technical Support Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

There were 6 rounds of interviews and all are very simple. The key to crack the interview is to be confident and have good communication skills. The interviewers were very friendly, which automatically boosts your morale while giving the interview.