Convergys Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2014
Updated 16 Oct 2014

2.3

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

it was a good and easy interview and a good hiring feeling as well, I am a very spunky person as is, so this was not a hard task for me at all.

Do you think this a place for you to work? And I simply answered yes!

Cust Serv & Problem Res Representative II Interview

First to apply your need to waste your own personal time and take a 150 plus question personality test. I don't know how it happened that companies lost total and complete respect for a persons time. There should be no need for an assessment like that until a recruiter has looked and the resume and decided to move forward pending the outcome of an assessment.

STOP WASTING PEOPLE'S VALUABLE TIME!

Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Convergys in October 2014.

Applied for at Home Agent. I was contacted thru email the same day by a recruiter to test my computer to ensure it met requirements of the job. I was also sent a series of behavioral questions, a typing test and an activity to walk you through the day in the life of a CSR. Once I completed the all the tasks, - I was emailed to interview 2 days later. I was hired after a 60 min phone conversation/interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had an irate customer?
      Describe good customer service?
      How do you handle a situation when you are going to be late for work?
      Mock sales / role playing scenario - I was nervous about this but it was fun
        View Answer
    None

Customer Service Representative II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Convergys.

After applying online I was called in to take an in-office assessment for basic computer knowledge and typing skills. Once I finished that I filled out some paperwork(basically requesting the same information in the online app) went into an office for an interview. I was asked for my resume and question probing my earlier work experiences continued. Then they requested that I come back the following week for role-play where they the simulated an in-coming call in regards to faulty cable service. After that they had me do another assessment with simulated calls where I had to listen for specific information and answer multiple choice questions. Then after that I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done when you faced conflict with another employee?   Answer Question
    There are no negotiations. The job pays $10/hr and people with more seniority get choices in which shift they work.

Sales Interview

the hiring process was very easy. did online application then got an email setup interview took assessment had the interview offered the job accepted started in a week or 2

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Convergys.

When you get there, you have to take two basic map tests, then a ProveIt typing test. Once called to the back to speak with "hr". About 3 questions are asked: strengths, future, time restraints, 24 hpur call center. Sign background and drug test forms.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths? Where do you see yourself in 2 years? Can you work anytime?   Answer Question

Customer Tech Support Tier I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Convergys in September 2014.

Once I built a job profile on the Convergys website and applied I received email instructions within 2 weeks to take a test online that had 3 parts. The 1st. part was multiple choice English questions to see your command of the English language. The 2nd part was questions about BASIC computer knowledge and the use of the internet browser, e.g. which of the three symbols in the upper right hand corner of the internet browser minimizes the window and the 3rd part was a typing test.

The whole test lasted close to an hour, once the test was completed it was UNCLEAR how I had done, but it was indicated that an adminstrator would contact me with the test results.

The next day, I received a teleph call from a HR associate to schedule a telephone interview later in the afternoon and also was given a date to come in and complete new hire paper work. I found this unusual because I had not even been given an opportunity to accept or any part of the job had been discussed.

I showed up as instructed, the complex was sprawling with very little signage or building numbers to guide me. Finally, ten other applicants and I were taken to a boardroom and asked to introduce ourselves and given sheets that explained this was a 24/7 operation and that following our 2 week training, our shift would begin between 10:30 and 12:30 P.M. lasting for 8-1/2 hours. We were told briefly about the position that it involved involving taking calls mostly from elderly account holders needing assistance.

The only indication that this was a CALL CENTER OPERATION based on production was when the HR Associate mentioned something about going to the PRODUCTION FLOOR after our 2 weeks of training.

We were then logged onto workstations where we received emailed links to complete various forms provide information to begin background check (IF YOU HAVE LIVED AT MULTIPLE ADDRESSES COME PREPARED TO PROVIDE PREVIOUS ADDRESSES)

It became clearer what this job entailed when I happen to log onto my Convergys job profile that indicated that this was a Customer Service and Problem Res 1 position with a laundry list of responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • Name 3 things that you do at the same time with your computer. How do you close a sale? How do you handle an irate customer   Answer Question

First off, I didnt appreciate how the position that I applied for suddenly was unvavailable and without any notification, I was assigned another position. The other thing that changed my mind was reading all the similiarly written NEGATIVE COMMENTS on the Glassdoor website. I wish I had discovered the Glassdoor website sooner.

Sales and Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar City, UT (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Convergys in September 2014.

They first call your phone and talk to you for about 15-20 minutes, go in and take a 3 part assessment questioning your computer skills, words per minute and telemarketing skills, when you are done, Convergy's will determine whether or not you passed the assessment and that determines if you get the interview. The interview is usually scheduled for the next day. Right before your scheduled interview, the Convergy's employee at the recruiting office will have you listen to a sample phone call to see if you are still interested in the job, sample phone call lasts approximately 10-15 minutes, (it is best to listen to the details of the sample call, because the interviewer is highly likely going to ask you questions about what was discussed within the call). You then sign a release form and hand it to the employee at the recruiting office and wait for your interview.

Interview Questions
    • Any questions regarding the sample phone call.   View Answer
    • In your opinion, what is the most important piece of technology and why?   View Answer
    Think out your answer before you speak, it'll make you seem confident. I got the job offer at the end of my interview.

Customer Service Support Interview

Group interview, process was swift,, I was notified of a decision right on the spot. Interviewer poised difficult questions. No chance for negotiating. Standard pay rAte is across the board. The most difficult question was to describe handling a difficult customer service experience. I had a angry person to deal with.

None.

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Convergys in August 2014.

Applied online. Received response 2-3 days later which included several online links, tests, assessments, etc. Invited for a phone interview but had to complete additional internet tests and personal assessments first. Completed additional tests and contacted the same day for an interview later that afternoon. The entire process from the submission of application to interview and offer took about 5 days and that includes a 2 day lag due to delaying online tests.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had to up sell or persuade a difficult customer to buy/purchase something.   Answer Question