Costco Wholesale Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep 2014
Updated 25 Sep 2014

2.7

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Brunswick, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2014.

Sat down in the break room with two employees who asked me for my availability, before heading on to very specific situational questions.

I applied to be a cashier, but they insisted that I consider working in tires or as a gas station attendant.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were misunderstood by a coworker   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to help an angry customer   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had an abrupt change in your schedule, and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were recognized in the work place   Answer Question
    • What have you done to prepare for today's interview?   Answer Question

I S Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Issaquah, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

1. Apply on Taleo's website.
    2. Wait for recruiters to contact you, or else toss your resume in the digital bit bucket in the sky.
    3. Fill out an email self-appraisal of your skills that are pertinent to the job.
    4. Phone screen with hiring manager and one or more SMEs.
    5. In-person interview (or find out that you won't be getting an on-site interview).
    6. Get hired (or not)

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel is a strength that would help you stand out from the rest of your team? What have you done to cultivate that strength?   Answer Question

Costco Night Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Pretty straight forward. Asked what times I was available and if I could start immediately. Took 2 days. Drug test and got to work the same day. It was only seasonal. There wasn't any difficult interview questions.

No negotiation

Seasonal Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2014.

First, I have been a loyal Costco member for over 3 years. I recently applied for a seasonal position at my local Costco. I was called in for an interview and, to be honest, I was taken back by the level of questions in the interview: what is your most memorable work experience, explain a time when you had to work with a disgruntled employee and how you dealt with it, how do you motivate a non-productive employee. I was totally unprepared.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to work with a disgruntled employee and how you dealt with it?   View Answer

Any Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2014.

It was okay overall, I just got interviewed yesterday and there were two people interviewing me. It seemed like a fast interview but they asked the usual typical question. They took turns asking questions. Just make sure you look them in the eyes and don't say "uh" too much like me..

Night Merch Interview

be yourself, dress professional (it matters), try not to brag, act professional, but a large aspect they look for is for genuine intelligent people, and of course be on time for all three interviews

Interview Questions
    • if I ran the company, what would I look for in an employee   View Answer

Front End Cashier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Livermore, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2014.

I submitted my application then the next day I got a call to come in for an interview. The interview process was very comfortable and nothing too intense. You sit down with two interviewers (managers) one of them writes down while the other asks questions. The same day I had my first two interviews I was called back for a third interview as I was leaving the parking lot. That very same evening I interviewed with the AGM. Within a week I was hired. Dressing professionally really does make you look like you want The Job. It does not matter what position you are applying for, dress to impress! The two gals I interviewed with were great! Very friendly and relaxed. Overall, the process was painless and with the right attitude Costco will be a great place for you!

No negotiation, everyone starts at 11.50

Internship Interview

Had a first interview with 2 supervisors. at the end of the interview they sent me to a Costco warehouse to be interviewed with the manager. 2weeks after I received a call saying that i'm accepted.

Costco Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frederick, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Online application followed by a lengthy online personality test. The best time to apply is in late spring and before the holiday season. The cut hours and usually stop hiring after New Year's. Three step interview process, on all the same day. Standard questions like, "explain how you handled a difficult situation in your last job."

Interview Questions
    Salary is non-negotiable. You can request certain days off, but you're at the mercy of your manager and his scheduling needs.

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2014.

Applied online for any position, and sent in resume along with it. I am 19 years old and I needed a new job due to a recent move. I received a call two days after I submitted my applicaton and was asked to come in for an interview the next day. I was called to dress nice, of course, and to enter the store through the back door and to head up the stairs to the employee room of which they would call me in. My interview was scheduled and they called me in about thirty minutes after it was supposed to be.

I sat down with two supervisors and they asked me a long list of questions regarding previous jobs, work habits, as so forth. They also like to ask you questions such as "Name a situation where you had to step up and take action when nobody else could". Not too hard of a question unless you have experienced something like that in the past.

After that interview was done, I was told to come in for a next interview the following Thursday. Thursday I was there for my interview, along with about 20 other people. At this time I started to get nervous. This time, I waited an Entire HOUR and 30 MINS for them to call me in. This time I interviewed with the Assistant General Manager who sat me down and went over most of the same questions, although when I would answer, he would ask me further and further detail.

THEY LIKE WHEN YOU TELL THEM ITS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR!

After that interview, I was told that I would be hired after a background check and drug test were administered, and then after that was all clear, I was called back in for orientation a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think that Costco is right for you? What makes you special over everyone else who applied?   View Answer

Worked for Costco Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!