Costco Wholesale Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 9, 2014
284 interviews

2.6

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Issaquah, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Very long interview process. I applied for the job towards the end of 2007. After initially receive the standard, "thanks but no thanks" email, I received a call in January to see if I was still interested.

From there, I had multiple recorded phone screens in February and March. I had an on-site interview with the recruiters in March. In April I had a phone interview and two on-site interviews with the hiring Manager and one of my peers.

The interview was your standard behavioral interview style (STAR-AR type questions), along with technology trend questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about Costco, what is the Costco story.   View Answer
    Salary negotiation was straight forward. Vacation time needed additional work, as the original offer included one week vacation, and I was able to get 2 weeks.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Eden Prairie, MN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

Filled out online application and was called a day or two later. I scheduled an interview but was not given the correct location (I assumed it was a different location but failed to verify) - I arrived at the wrong warehouse and as a result, was 10-15 minutes late for my first interview.

I was interviewed by two women, one of whom asked all the interview questions. The other one looked disinterested and only took notes. The questions asked were your typical situational scripted interview questions. Needless to say, I was sent an email informing me that I wasn't offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • None really. I think they were looking for someone with more confidence. I was a little nervous so that may have hurt my chances.   View Answer

Seasonal Front End/Bakery Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2013.

Cattle call. Managers read questions straight from a piece of paper, did not seem as if they knew what they were doing at all. There were three stages. First 2 managers interviewed me reading the questions off the paper. Really just one did the interviewing. I've no idea why the other was there as she just sat and nodded. 2nd step was a one on one with someone who seemed a bit more knowledgeable. He came across as rather slick though, like a stereotypical used car salesman. It's unfortunate because I had been a Costco member for over a year, but my work experience there really was a bad time. I am sure many locations may not be the same, but while the promote from within policy has benefits, it also breeds ineptitude and closed minded incompetency.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing they asked was difficult. It was very basic and not too inquiring.   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Took about a month to get an interview. 1st interview took about 10-15 minutes by two of the supervisors and if they like you they'll get a second interview with a higher manager. Got a call within 2 weeks I got the job.

No negotiation

Stocker Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

Interview was short and simple. Took all of 10 minutes. I sat in a room while a floor manager and another store manager asked me questions like what I thought customer service was and what qualifications I had that would put me ahead of all the other potential hires. They also asked me about school and what I do as a hobby on weekends.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers asked me what my old boss would say is my biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Major Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roseville, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2010.

Went in. Randomly talked to the store director. Told him I was in college for Computer Information Science. They wanted to a tech for their electronic sales dept. They gave filled me an application. I filled it out. They called me and told me to come in the next day for orientation.

DirecTv Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in January 2013.

I applied through Monster.com, and later received a call that day asking me if I was available for an interview. After scheduling the interview I arrived at one of the satellite offices, completed my interview with the branch manager and then was invited to a 2nd round phone interview to cover more topics. Obviously that went great and I was offered a full time position.

Interview Questions
    • Hardest question was "What made you apply for this job?"   View Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anchorage, AK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

after getting out of the U.S. Navy i was shopping at Costco when i saw an employee wearing a navy hat, after talking to him for a few minutes and saying i had just got out he asked if i was working any where when I said no he suggested i put in a application and said i could use him as a reference so I did. I got an interview a few days later it went very well i was only looking for a part tim e job while i went to school but I stayed here now for 18 years

Interview Questions
    • the most unexpected question i felt was when asked if i had a preference for what shift I wanted to work   View Answer

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Was a pretty easy interview, they just ask you about your work history and make sure you aren't a screw up. They make you take a drug test and you are basically hired.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you how you get along with others, maybe ask you a question about seeing someone do something illegal, and how you would react.   Answer Question

Service Deli Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lone Tree, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2010.

Must apply on-line. Interview one - with deli manager and a senior manager. Basic questions. Interview two - with asst. store manager who seemed to be on auto pilot. Not that interested as if he'd say okay since the deli manager already did.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Basic. In the first interview I was asked how I saw my position and my answer: as a problem solver. The managers loved that answer and told me they never thought of it that way ... but that really was what we all were doing: solving problems for our customers.   View Answer
    Offered the deli job at the going rate ... period. End of story.