Costco Wholesale Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.7

Food Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baxter, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baxter, MN (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Applied on Costco.com. 1st interview with 2 managers, 2nd interview with 1 manager. Both were very professional.

Interview Questions
    • Research the company's history before your interview. This was very helpful for me during my interviews. They have a set list of questions to ask. A lot of, tell me a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker type questions.   Answer Question
    No pay negotiations, but they pay really well for retail. I was asked to choose what department I wanted to work in as they had openings in a few.

Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Island City, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

Well the place seemed as if everyone was uneducated, they did seem comfortable so maybe they just didn't care. Anyways, I was called in and began my interview with the as gen manager and a young manager I believe. She asked me a series of questions about 15-20 questions she was really impressed but normally takes 2-3 interviews. She said we were going to proceed to the next portion or the interview and she asked some more questions about my previous job and what i did. She was really trying to get what Ive known about the company that i worked for before but it landed me the job.

Interview Questions
    • I was a little out of it but all the questions seemed very simple to answer. If you've had experience in retail. I was basically hired because of my resume which the gm really loved. And was hired on the spot did was drug test and waiting for background check to begin.   Answer Question
    I haven't actually got my pay rate but i believe its $12.00 and you get a raise every so ofter. Im not quiet sure those i just saw a post say 12.00 and assumed this i believe everyone started at 10-11.

Front End Assistant Interview

Atleast four interview sequences were required.

Cart Pushers Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

Was called 2 weeks after I applied to come in for an interview, then was called in a week later for 3rd interview, then was offered position, and was given drug test, and had too wait three days for background check to clear

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you made a mistake, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Issaquah, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Very long interview process. I applied for the job towards the end of 2007. After initially receive the standard, "thanks but no thanks" email, I received a call in January to see if I was still interested.

From there, I had multiple recorded phone screens in February and March. I had an on-site interview with the recruiters in March. In April I had a phone interview and two on-site interviews with the hiring Manager and one of my peers.

The interview was your standard behavioral interview style (STAR-AR type questions), along with technology trend questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about Costco, what is the Costco story.   View Answer
    Salary negotiation was straight forward. Vacation time needed additional work, as the original offer included one week vacation, and I was able to get 2 weeks.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eden Prairie, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2014.

Filled out online application and was called a day or two later. I scheduled an interview but was not given the correct location (I assumed it was a different location but failed to verify) - I arrived at the wrong warehouse and as a result, was 10-15 minutes late for my first interview.

I was interviewed by two women, one of whom asked all the interview questions. The other one looked disinterested and only took notes. The questions asked were your typical situational scripted interview questions. Needless to say, I was sent an email informing me that I wasn't offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • None really. I think they were looking for someone with more confidence. I was a little nervous so that may have hurt my chances.   View Answer

Seasonal Front End/Bakery Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2013.

Cattle call. Managers read questions straight from a piece of paper, did not seem as if they knew what they were doing at all. There were three stages. First 2 managers interviewed me reading the questions off the paper. Really just one did the interviewing. I've no idea why the other was there as she just sat and nodded. 2nd step was a one on one with someone who seemed a bit more knowledgeable. He came across as rather slick though, like a stereotypical used car salesman. It's unfortunate because I had been a Costco member for over a year, but my work experience there really was a bad time. I am sure many locations may not be the same, but while the promote from within policy has benefits, it also breeds ineptitude and closed minded incompetency.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing they asked was difficult. It was very basic and not too inquiring.   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Took about a month to get an interview. 1st interview took about 10-15 minutes by two of the supervisors and if they like you they'll get a second interview with a higher manager. Got a call within 2 weeks I got the job.

No negotiation

Stocker Interview

Interview was short and simple. Took all of 10 minutes. I sat in a room while a floor manager and another store manager asked me questions like what I thought customer service was and what qualifications I had that would put me ahead of all the other potential hires. They also asked me about school and what I do as a hobby on weekends.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers asked me what my old boss would say is my biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Major Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roseville, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2010.

Went in. Randomly talked to the store director. Told him I was in college for Computer Information Science. They wanted to a tech for their electronic sales dept. They gave filled me an application. I filled it out. They called me and told me to come in the next day for orientation.