Costco Wholesale

Getting the Interview

246 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seasonal Part-time Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in November 2013.

Interview Details After 2 weeks after application, I drop by the stores and see managers.
I applied two locations. At first store, the manager kept my name and checked my application, and set up interview, but the second store, the manager said they don't have any access to the application.
 The interview questions are pretty much as same as other people mention.
"How did you handle the recent emergency situation?"
"What would you do with angry customers?"
They are mostly situation, problem-solving type of questions.
After two interviews and the drug-test in the same day, and waited for background check for 10 days, I got an orientation phone call.

Interview Question – "How did you handle the recent emergency situation?"   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details There hiring process was quick. I was in a crowded trailer. There was lots of discussions happening with other people. The interview was quick. I was hired on the spot. Interviewers knew exactly what they wanted, which made the process seamless. They were easy to talk with and were attentive. It was a good experience considering the chaos.

Interview Question – How would you handle an irate customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No option for negotiations. Set price.

Very Easy Interview

Seasonal Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in July 2013.

Interview Details Ok so because everyone wants to work at costco they are extremely picky when hiring new people. I fill an application online, wait to be called, get a call for a group interview, the group interview is very important so dress nice(business casual) they will ask you many questions about your old job . why should they hire you etc.after this interview if you get the ok you get an interview with the manager of costco, then do new hire paperwork and finally orientation.

Interview Question – favoritism here if the managers don't like you forget your career at costco

what have you done in the last week that qualifies you to be a costco employee?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – 11.50 pay and 29.00 dollars taken every week from paycheck to union

Kapolei, HI (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in August 2013.

Interview Details Interview was given by 2 managers. Asked to give your experiences on how you handled customers during difficult situations and what you've done that made you go above and beyond helping someone/customer service.

Interview Question – What was a situation I was in that I could have handled differently.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
North Riverside, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2013.

Interview Details I interviewed online, they called me back almost immediately 2 days after asking me to come in the very next day. Since the costco I applied for was not built yet, I had the interview at the local mall. I heard others have a hard time finding the location, but was not hard for me. When I got there, there were 2 others and by the time I was called in the waiting area was quite crowded and had lots of different people there. The girl I sat next to said she was there for her third interview- and that made me nervous than i already was. Little did I know you needed to complete 4 interviews before even being offered a position.(they told me this at the end of the interview.) Two men asked me various questions, which were very situational. You could tell they were looking for very specific characteristics and if you didn't meet them they got you out quickly.

Interview Question – Please explain when you had to handle a situation with accuracy.   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Stocker

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details What is goal you have? Tell me about a specific time you went out of your way to help a customer. Tell me about a specific time when you regretted saying something to a customer.

Any Available Interview

North Riverside, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2013.

Interview Details I applied on line for a new store in North Riverside, Illinois. Was contacted for in person interview. Was interviewed by two young men taking turns asking questions. I was truly surprised when one of them started speaking, he barely spoke proper english. Never in my many years of being interviewed have I experienced such interview process.

Interview Question – I think the ever endless questions are the standard questions you will get everywhere. The only thing is that they go on forever and are not very creative.   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in April 2013.

Interview Details I first had an interview with the Front End managers, they asked me simple questions about my life, hobbies, skills, etc. They seemed very interested which was nice. Then sent me home and called me in for a 2nd interview with the warehouse manager, it was there they questioned how I liked Costco and if I'm a hard worker etc, I was hired on the spot. From there I attended orientation where I signed the usual paperwork and watched information videos, took a tour. The basics.

Interview Question – What I didn't like about my last jobs, because I didn't want to come off as negative/complainer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating.

Meat Wrapper Interview

Meat Wrapper

I applied online and interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details The interview was very straight forward. They had a couple of questions that are standard like, "how have you handled a conflict with a co-worker in the past". I was interviewed by three different managers one after the other, all in all it was a nice interview.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details After applying I was called in for an interview a few weeks later. I dressed business casual. I was interviewed by a manager and supervisor. Basic questions about how you would react to certain situations were asked. The I was interviewed by the main warehouse manager. I remember someone interrupting the interview but I kept my eyes focused on the manager. A week later I accepted the job and went to orientation.

Interview Question – They all weren't too difficult. Just be yourself.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Costco Wholesale