Costco Wholesale

Average Difficulty
276 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant)

Interviewed at Costco Wholesale

Interview Details Was a pretty easy interview, they just ask you about your work history and make sure you aren't a screw up. They make you take a drug test and you are basically hired.

Interview Question – They will ask you how you get along with others, maybe ask you a question about seeing someone do something illegal, and how you would react.   Answer Question

Service Deli Assistant Interview

Service Deli Assistant
Lone Tree, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2010.

Interview Details Must apply on-line. Interview one - with deli manager and a senior manager. Basic questions. Interview two - with asst. store manager who seemed to be on auto pilot. Not that interested as if he'd say okay since the deli manager already did.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Basic. In the first interview I was asked how I saw my position and my answer: as a problem solver. The managers loved that answer and told me they never thought of it that way ... but that really was what we all were doing: solving problems for our customers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offered the deli job at the going rate ... period. End of story.

Food Service Assistant Interview

Food Service Assistant
Torrance, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and four days later I was called in for an interview. First interview was with department manager, interview went well basic behavioral questions (what will you do, tell me about a time...etc). I was invited to a second interview with the store manager, it didn't go so well. I was well prepared with the answers to the questions that I thought she was going to ask but all she asked were questions about my degree. I was caught off guard by her questions about my degree. Her facial expressions gave me the NO right there and then.

Interview Question – Questions about my degree.   View Answer

Front End Assistant Interview

Front End Assistant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in June 2011.

Interview Details I received a call for an interview about 1-2 months after I had dropped off my resume at the warehouse. I was interviewed by both Front End Managers. The interview questions were typical - "Why do you want to work at Costco?" "What makes you qualified for the position?" etc. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes. I was then asked to return in another 2 hours for an interview with the Warehouse Manager. The interview also lasted about 20-30 minutes and the questions asked were very similar to the ones asked during my first interview.

Interview Question – What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) Interview

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant)
La Mesa, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2013.

Interview Details Have an understanding about the company, and be respectful and honest during the interview. My experience was very professional. Questions are through, and they really take the time to understand your work ethic.All questions seemed to deal with how to handle members and merchandise. Always remember "Member is the most important" if you can go the extra mile every time.

Interview Question – Expect any questions about how you can handle situations and team work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser
Coon Rapids, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in May 2011.

Interview Details I applied in April and got a call 3 weeks later
the interview itself is standard questions. It is kind of difficult to answer sometimes They have a standard set of questions they ask everyone. You will not always get a call if you apply. The interview is not super formal, wear some nice clothes, not over the top though.

Interview Question – I always thought the, tell me about yourself, is a hard question haha   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Photo Lab Supervisor Interview

Photo Lab Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview Details I interviewed at one location and another employee from my company interviewed too. He got the job, but I was invited to interview for a different location. My old boss worked for Costco by then, so I was barely interviewed because my old boss knew my work ethic and experience. They really only asked me if I would be willing to relocate, which was fine with me.
I asked to be able to give two weeks notice at my current job, but was told I was needed immediately. I quit that day, and started at Costco the next day.

Interview Question – Will you be willing to leave your current job with no notice?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was negotiation to determine if I would be an assistant or a clerk.
It was decided that I would be an assistant and make 50 cents over the highest paid person in the department.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in September 2013.

Interview Details Set up interview through staffing agency and was early for my interview. Waited a while until my 2 interviewers showed up a few minutes after my interview appointment time. Interview went great but they didn't decide to hire me

Interview Question – What do you do outside of work?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser

Interviewed at Costco Wholesale

Interview Details They receive many applications, in order for your application to be followed up on I recommend contacting them a week after your submission explaining your interest and if they had a time scheduled for your interview.

Interview Question – nothing too difficult, behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when......... How do you handle.........   Answer Question

Front End Assistant Interview

Front End Assistant
Morganville, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Costco Wholesale in October 2013.

Interview Details Process consisted of 3 interviews. one with a supervisor, then department manager, then store team leader

Interview Question – I was asked if i had any management or school experience   Answer Question