Cox Communications Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014
Updated Sep 1, 2014

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cox Communications in January 2010.

Initial contact was to setup a phone interview. After successfully passing the phone interview, I was called in for an assessment on-site to test computer, comprehension and math skills. About an hour after testing I was called back in for an in-person interview the same day with 2 managers. I was hired the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you witnessed something unethical at a previous job and how did you handle it? Most of the questions were the standard scenario-based call center questions.   Answer Question

Technical Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in December 2010.

Cox communications uses a targeted based interview process using previousexperiences to predict future results. During interview candidates are graded on situation, task, action and results for each answer given and questions are based around core vales such as customer service and sales experiences. There will usually be multiple interviewers in each interview as well as multiple interviews. There are times when teleconferencing will be used for the interviews as well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed to meet expectations set by your supervisor.   View Answer
    Offers and salaries are structured per position.

Supervisor of Commercial Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Orleans, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cox Communications in August 2014.

I applied online on a Wednesday and was contacted by email on Thursday to set up an phone interview for Friday.

First the Interviewer asked my how my previous experience related to the job description.

Then I was asked 5 STAR interview questions. All of the questions were related to managing staff in difficult situations or motivating staff to work harder.

The phone interview is the first of at least 2 interviews. They said they use this info to determine who will get an in person interview. I am still waiting to see if I will get a 2nd interview. More to follow if I do.

Solutions Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in July 2014.

I applied online and got a call the next day for a phone screening. She called me later that day and I did an online assessment which I finished and passed. I had my interview two days later. The interview was at the corporate office and it was done with a store manager and district manager. The interview was mostly STAR questions and situations. They opened the floor for questions for me. I didn't hear from them for 18 days. I finally got a rejection email after emailing the recruiter twice and asking for feedback. Quite disappointed I didn't get the job, but oh well life goes on.

Retention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Orleans, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cox Communications in January 2010.

1 interview with more than one supervisor, typical "name a time" type questions, very laid back. More than likely it will be two supervisors but they will make you feel comfortable about the whole interview so no worries.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in January 2010.

Several phone interviews with HR then actaul manager then a regional VP.
    Very smooth and made you feel comfortable.
    Eventually tried hard to match you with the right job.
    There was a personality test that was difficult to figure out-- so you have to just take it and let the analysis work.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cox Communications in May 2013.

met with a few people, nothing serious. They don't look for too much, just make sure your breathing And are able to type the same repetitive numbers.. They just ask basic questions, you would expect from a sales company.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in October 2013.

You fill out an online application. If you know anyone that works there make sure to include their information because they get $500-700. After the initial app you have a phone interview, an interview at the office. You'll then either get an acceptance or rejection letter. Acceptance letter then leads to another phone interview which involves personality tests. Don't slack on this portion! Just because you have the acceptance letter doesn't mean you have the job. Not going to give you advice on the personality tests. After you pass this next phase of phone interview you take the drug test and sign the final paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • They use the STAR method of interviews. Make sure to google it. This is really important to getting the jog. Kind of caught me off guard because I hadn't interviewed in so long.   Answer Question
    None. Even though the ad says $12-15 they tell you in the first interview that it's $12 or no job.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cox Communications in July 2014.

I applied online and was called the next day by a Cox recruiter from Atlanta. She emailed me a link to two assessments: A standard personality test and a call center simulation. There were only about 5 scenarios to complete in 45 min. Multiple choice and you rate each answer from Not Effective to Most Effective. I was called 2 days later on a Saturday by a representative from Futurestep in Baton Rouge to schedule an in-person interview. No phone interview. The interview was scheduled for a couple days later. The dress was business casual. The interviewer was wearing khakis and a polo and had visible tattoos. He was very nice and personable and did his best to make it as painless as possible. We went to an empty conference room and sat across from each other. He informed me it would be in STAR format. After the STAR portion there was a section devoted to technical questions. Next there was a simulated call. He gave me an information packet to study for 10 min. He left and called the phone in the room 10 min later. He asked me how to operate the On-demand system--directions were in the packet. I also had to attempt to sell him DVR over the course of the call--DVR features were also in packet. Interview concluded after that. I was called the same evening by Futurestep and offered the job. They emailed me an acceptance letter with hourly rate and background check/drug testing info.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with starting a new job? Have you ever come up with a new idea that was implemented? What is a DVR? What does URL stand for? DNS? Name some cables you hook up a cable box with. First thing you do when your own internet goes out. What would you do if internet went out while you were working at Cox? What do you think this job entails? What happens if you watch a standard definition movie on an HD set? What format do you watch movies in?   Answer Question

Call Center Position Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cox Communications in August 2013.

The hiring process was very professional. They accepted your application, called you up for an in person interview, used the 5 star interview process where you are asked a series of questions pertaining to various scenarios and how you would handle various situations. The hiring managers are very professional and passionate for the company. Once they decide you are a fit, the process moves forward to where you are eventually hired.

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!