Crane Aerospace & Electronics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Redmond, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Interview Details Intense and extensive generally done by a panel of senior management personnel. Digs into personal and employment questions. Analyzes character traits starting with high school, friends and employers and continuing forward in a pressing manner

Interview Question – Discuss your most serious flaw and how you deal with it   Answer Question

Analyst Systems II Interview

Analyst Systems II
Lynnwood, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Interview Details There was first a phone interview in which I had to talk to about 6 people on the other line about my prior experience. Afterwards the in person interview involved sitting at a conference table with the same people fielding different questions. The questions ranged from discussing prior work experience to how I would feel about certain hypothetical work problems. Nothing technical in terms of programming ability was discussed.

Interview Question – How do you feel about issues with the project that result it in being late that aren't your fault?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

Interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics

Interview Details interview was straight forward. I look forward getting to know more talked about design process and engineering practice. just general engineering questions interview was straight forward. I look forward getting to know more talked about design process and engineering practice. just general engineering questions

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics

Interview Details The process was standard, I applied for the position and I got an email to set up an interview the next day. The interview was typical, I was interviewed by two HR personnel and a lead. The questions they asked were all based on my resume.

Interview Question – Tell us about ____(insert my name here) .   Answer Question

Value Stream Manager Interview

Value Stream Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in February 2012.

Interview Details Dealt with a recruiter, so I initially was screened through him. After this, I talked with the hiring manager over the phone. After this, an onsite was scheduled. The recruiter stated to get a book about top-grading since this is what the Crane does. I read the book as it discusses the CIDs interview. Book only costs $15 to 20. Buy it, read it, and you'll do well. Be honest with your answers. It is also funny as they do not top grade as much as they say the do. And they do not hire 'A' players.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness and/or area of improvement that you need?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Recruiter got me what I wanted after some simple negotiations that you needed to justify.

Engineering Technician II Interview

Engineering Technician II
Redmond, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in October 2013.

Interview Details Started with a phone interview a few days after applying to the position, fairly straightforward 30 minute call talking about the position and asking me about myself and my experience, was asked at the end of the phone interview to come in for the electronics test. There are varying levels of engineering technician at Crane but for Engineering Technician II, the test was about 15 multiple choice questions dealing with basic analog circuit analysis. After this test was taken on campus, it was graded in front of me and then I discussed the test and had what I'd call a "soft interview" with an engineer. He mainly talked about the test with me and went over the ones I had missed, but also discussed the company and my experience briefly, nothing in the form of interview questions however.

There is another step to the interview process which is an on-site interview with the lead Engineering Technician.

Interview Question – On the technical test, there are mainly DC analysis questions which can involve inductors. If you've mainly studied AC analysis lately and deal with only resistors and capacitors in filter configurations like I mainly had, be sure to study up.   Answer Question

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Lynnwood, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Interview Details Multiple people interview one prospective employee. They are usually on probation for 6 months to prove themselves and can be let go if they do not perform without any liability. However, interviews are good and honest and freedom to given a chance is higher here.

Interview Question – None that comes to my mind. Mostly, why are you leaving your other job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – When I was hired 7+ years ago, there was a good hiring rush. We (several prospects that passed preliminary interviews) were entertained at a dinner and had testimonials from many long standing employees. They asked me if I received any bonuses and I did and they added it to my initial first pay check.

Software Engineer I Interview

Software Engineer I
Lynnwood, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in July 2009.

Interview Details Submitted resume to hiring manager, there was one phone call with several senior engineers in the room on the other end, was brought in for an interview on site. Then was retained for a year as a contractor before being offered a salaried position.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult. Mainly about c programming and ways to troubleshoot an embedded system on a lab target.   Answer Question

Process Engineer II Interview

Process Engineer II
Redmond, WA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in August 2010.

Interview Details Phone interview, site tour/interview, final interview

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation, how you handled it, and what was the result.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it was my first job

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Mechanical Engineer Intern
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in May 2011.

Interview Details I was initially contacted by HR, stating they had received my resume and wanted to know if I was interested in a summer internship. To this day we have not established where they obtained my resume. During this initial call we established my educational engineering interests and projects, and then set a time for a phone interview with the engineering hiring manager.

During the phone interview with the manager, we talked about how Crane functioned and what the team was like. We discussed my projects and future goals. About a 45 minute call. Two weeks later I was contacted to come in for an in-person interview with both the original HR rep and the engineering manager.

The in-person interview lasted just over an hour, and was about half interview, half tour. Questions were VERY specific about details of projects I worked on, and some basic HR questions like what kind of work environment I did best in, how I like to be evaluated, etc.

A week and some change later, I was contacted by the HR rep and offered the position.

Interview Question – What has been your proudest achievement in your education?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Because I was an entry-level summer intern, I did not attempt to negotiate my salary.

Worked for Crane Aerospace & Electronics? Contribute to the Community!