Crane Aerospace & Electronics

Updated 16 Oct 2014
Updated 16 Oct 2014

2.9

Senior Buyer Interview

Recruited through outside company; interview process was fairly quick and painless. First met with the hiring manager, was then brought back in for a second interview. Offer followed within about a week. The entire process took less than one month.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are "situational", so they will ask how you addressed a problem with specific examples.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Had several interviews via phone, face to face. Long process, panel interview but most people had to leave after 30 minutes. Went over background, schooling, favorite subjects & qualifications. Some did not seem to want to be there

Supply Chain Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Submitted my application in February and received a called from hiring manager in May to schedule panel interview. Took another 3 weeks to be presented an offer along with an additional 2 weeks to submit drug screening and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what qualities you disliked from your previous manager?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

Intense and extensive generally done by a panel of senior management personnel. Digs into personal and employment questions. Analyzes character traits starting with high school, friends and employers and continuing forward in a pressing manner

Interview Questions
    • Discuss your most serious flaw and how you deal with it   Answer Question

Analyst Systems II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics.

There was first a phone interview in which I had to talk to about 6 people on the other line about my prior experience. Afterwards the in person interview involved sitting at a conference table with the same people fielding different questions. The questions ranged from discussing prior work experience to how I would feel about certain hypothetical work problems. Nothing technical in terms of programming ability was discussed.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about issues with the project that result it in being late that aren't your fault?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

interview was straight forward. I look forward getting to know more talked about design process and engineering practice. just general engineering questions interview was straight forward. I look forward getting to know more talked about design process and engineering practice. just general engineering questions

Intern Interview

The process was standard, I applied for the position and I got an email to set up an interview the next day. The interview was typical, I was interviewed by two HR personnel and a lead. The questions they asked were all based on my resume.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in January 2014.

I was first contacted by e-mail to see if I was still interested in the position. I then went through an hour phone screen session and was then asked to make a campus visit. The interview was in CIDS (Chronological In Depth Interview) and about three hours long. It consisted of about five managers and myself. They all had a copy of my resume and a questionnaire they filled out while I spoke. They told me before hand the type of interview it would be. The whole process start to finish took about 5 weeks. It was over the holidays, so I suspect that is why the process took so long.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have a teacher you did not get along with? Why?   Answer Question
    They offered me exactly what I had been paid in my last job and I was very surprised by that. Make sure you do your research on the "market" price for that position and ask at least 5k more than that.

Engineering Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crane Aerospace & Electronics in October 2013.

Started with a phone interview a few days after applying to the position, fairly straightforward 30 minute call talking about the position and asking me about myself and my experience, was asked at the end of the phone interview to come in for the electronics test. There are varying levels of engineering technician at Crane but for Engineering Technician II, the test was about 15 multiple choice questions dealing with basic analog circuit analysis. After this test was taken on campus, it was graded in front of me and then I discussed the test and had what I'd call a "soft interview" with an engineer. He mainly talked about the test with me and went over the ones I had missed, but also discussed the company and my experience briefly, nothing in the form of interview questions however.

There is another step to the interview process which is an on-site interview with the lead Engineering Technician.

Interview Questions
    • On the technical test, there are mainly DC analysis questions which can involve inductors. If you've mainly studied AC analysis lately and deal with only resistors and capacitors in filter configurations like I mainly had, be sure to study up.   Answer Question

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA (US)

Multiple people interview one prospective employee. They are usually on probation for 6 months to prove themselves and can be let go if they do not perform without any liability. However, interviews are good and honest and freedom to given a chance is higher here.

Interview Questions
    • None that comes to my mind. Mostly, why are you leaving your other job?   View Answer
    When I was hired 7+ years ago, there was a good hiring rush. We (several prospects that passed preliminary interviews) were entertained at a dinner and had testimonials from many long standing employees. They asked me if I received any bonuses and I did and they added it to my initial first pay check.