Credit Suisse

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2009.

Initial contact with the company was via a recruiter who set up the first interview with the Director of the team.

First interview lasted 2 hours, and questions included the usual "what did you do in your last job", "why did you leave", as well as DCM-specific questions. Shortly after leaving the interview, I received a call from the Director asking to set up another interview the following afternoon to meet the rest of the team (five others in total).

Second interview was to last a couple of hours, however was approximately six hours long, and culminated in having some beers in the boardroom with the team. Primary aim of the process was to meet the other members of the team as well as have the opportunity to ask appropriate questions about team structure and associated specialties.

Everyone who interviewed me were extraordinarily knowledgeable in their specific field, and had no problems in answering any questions. Consequently, I perceived the team to be young and dynamic, with a strong desire to outperform for FY2010. In addition, I felt that I would not only be able to offer my time and skills in pitches and other job responsibilities, but also my opinions about the market, where our priorities should be, as well as how to execute our strategy for 2010.

Very happy with the position I was offered

No negotiation

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Applied online and got interview with 3 analyst for the first round. I was interviewed by one analyst from TMT, one associate from DCM and one associate from Equity Linked Origination. Mostly behavioral questions, and grilled me on my resume

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about how to structure a leveraged accumulator.   Answer Question

Fixed Income Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Super day interview consists of two rounds. First round starts in the morning with two 1:1 interviews. Most questions are competency based, asked me to go through my CV and why I want to work in banking industry. No technical questions but a few market related questions asking about how oil prices affect inflation rate and exchange rate. Didn't go through to second round interview in the afternoon

Interview Questions
    • what is the angle that the second hand and hour hand make when it is 3:20pm   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

three 1:1 interviews with seniors in fixed income team. One with coding questions with object oriented language, one with general financial knowledge and your motivations, the other one with math quiz. I went to the London office in canary wharf, together with 9 others, unfornately i have not made it to the afternoon's session so i don't know the rest of the hiring process like

Interview Questions
    • the Greeks in the Black-Schores and probablity density question   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Contacted to go up to NYC to the office. First we had this lunch and networking, and then there was a series of interviews. I had three interviews overall, each took about 30 minutes. Mostly behavioral/fit questions. Interviewers were nice and I think they did a good job of providing a welcoming and not-too-intense atmosphere so that you felt comfortable before going in to the interview.

Interview Questions
    • You are six months into your summer internship and I call you into my office, why am I letting you go?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2014.

I applied software developer position through my university's career website, after 2-3 weeks, I took a telephone interview.
    It's a Behavioral/Technical interview. Focus on some simple concepts of programming related with your resume. They are interested in your data structure and algorithm skills. It's just first-round. Not difficult. But I screwed up...

Interview Questions
    • What's the advantages of Object Oriented Programming. What is binary tree? What is merge sort?   Answer Question

Exempt Non Officer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

This is for the Exempt Non Officer - Model Risk Management Profile
    Campus Recruitment

Test based on Puzzles, Quant, one question on regression, tough 10+2 level questions, optimization
    Shortlist for PI - around 20 to 25 members
    Two Rounds of Technical Interview - Mostly Probability, PnC, functions and engineering maths
    After the first round around 50% of the candidates are selected for the final round of interview

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Had a phone interview with basic HR questions and discuss some topics relating to resume. Then went to their office to do a super interview session which consisted of three thirty minute interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Experience with object oriented programming. Classes, objects, attributes.   Answer Question
    • Experience with working in a group, conflict resolution, and handing certain situations.   Answer Question

IT Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

I applied online, and was fast tracked to an assessment day because of an event I attended. There were 3 half hour interviews with people in different roles in the company, one business case study. Everyone was lovely and all of the questions they asked were related to my qualities and past experiences with teamwork etc. I was extremely nervous so I messed up the case study, but all the interviewers tried to keep at as conversational and relaxed as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Business case study, I didn't have enough knowledge on how to relate my technological thinking to the aspects of the banking industry.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

campus recruiting, first round interview, super day

Recruiting officer was super helpful, and an amazing at her job! She truly cares about helping you get a position!

first round 1v1

final round 3 1v1

Interview Questions
    • difference between two different programming languages   View Answer