Credit Suisse Interview Questions

Updated 26 Oct 2014

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2009.

Initial contact with the company was via a recruiter who set up the first interview with the Director of the team.

First interview lasted 2 hours, and questions included the usual "what did you do in your last job", "why did you leave", as well as DCM-specific questions. Shortly after leaving the interview, I received a call from the Director asking to set up another interview the following afternoon to meet the rest of the team (five others in total).

Second interview was to last a couple of hours, however was approximately six hours long, and culminated in having some beers in the boardroom with the team. Primary aim of the process was to meet the other members of the team as well as have the opportunity to ask appropriate questions about team structure and associated specialties.

Everyone who interviewed me were extraordinarily knowledgeable in their specific field, and had no problems in answering any questions. Consequently, I perceived the team to be young and dynamic, with a strong desire to outperform for FY2010. In addition, I felt that I would not only be able to offer my time and skills in pitches and other job responsibilities, but also my opinions about the market, where our priorities should be, as well as how to execute our strategy for 2010.

Very happy with the position I was offered

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

Behavioral questions based on your resume. Had an one and half hour session with three hiring managers. people were so friendly. explained clearly everything about the specific role and the job. no technical questions as such. Overall, it was a very good interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • no questions like that. be sure of what you are giving in your resume.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

I was hired within 2 weeks. There was a phone interview regarding my availability, describing my jobscope, and then a panel interview with the line manager and people I'd be working with.

I got a call a week later to ask me for my salary expectations, and after clearance, they accepted me.

Interview Questions
    • Have you been up to date regarding any compliance or anti money laundering news?   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

HR calls and helps set up an interview. Once you drive out there was a two person interview. Most of the questions were behavioral. Bring up past experiences from college or part time jobs that answer the questions. All of the questions demonstrate your leadership ability/ability to handle compromising questions.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers tells you to pick two planets. You pretend one interviewer is from one planet and the other is from another. They then ask you to explain something very simple to them in 60 seconds.   Answer Question

Real Returns Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

I applied for Credit Suisse's first attempt at a return-to-work program, called Real Returns. The initial HR phone interview was a standard 30 minutes get- to- know you interview which went very well. I then passed off to another young HR contact to come in to interview on two separate days for two separate internship opportunities. The HR contact could give me no background information on either project team.

The first was for a Risk project that was just getting off the ground and was inappropriate for a 12 week intern program since there was no mapped out objectives for the intern. The second opportunity was more promising but the hiring manager could not get to work that day and sent in a contractor to the interview (who had no real hiring power) rather than rescheduling. A total waste of my time. Rather than a "thanks, but no thanks", I then never heard another word from the company again after giving them two days of my time to interview for a short 12 week internship.

So glad not to have ended up there.

Interview Questions
    • When a project manager started asking me case study questions designed for college students.   View Answer

Full-time Analyst Interview

I've done a first interview with two managers (about 30mins-1 hour). Normal questions about programming languages, SQL, etc... Related to a technical position and normal questions like another interviews (behavioral questions).

IT Development Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Couple of interviews with team manager and key ppl, then I was seeing senior mgt, and met a team, very relaxed approach to the recruitment process, lots of technical design questions, work related examples, usual questions for this position.

Interview Questions
    • No surprises there, usual questions for an IT person. No trick questions.   Answer Question
    Not much room for a negotiation.

Managing Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

good systematic process. Met few middle to peer level managers, discussed areas of expertise, understood their organization, their business,etc. It was similar to my background, so I thought I was a good fit and got the same feeling from them too.

Administrative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

The interview was routine. Nothing out of the ordinary. Speak with HR then they call you back of made it to the next round. Met with the MD and his team. Support roughly about 20 people. Floor was professional, nothing out of character. Overall, a good experience n

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

The hiring process is as this:
    Doing verbal/quantitative questions online -> submit resume -> receive a call and schedule interview time -> phone interview -> onsite interview (including presentation, 1:1 interview, group interview) -> second onsite interview (business case analysis) -> get the offer

Interview Questions
    • no technical interviews, although i applied a technical job   Answer Question