Credit Suisse

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
North Sydney

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2009.

Interview Details Initial contact with the company was via a recruiter who set up the first interview with the Director of the team.

First interview lasted 2 hours, and questions included the usual "what did you do in your last job", "why did you leave", as well as DCM-specific questions. Shortly after leaving the interview, I received a call from the Director asking to set up another interview the following afternoon to meet the rest of the team (five others in total).

Second interview was to last a couple of hours, however was approximately six hours long, and culminated in having some beers in the boardroom with the team. Primary aim of the process was to meet the other members of the team as well as have the opportunity to ask appropriate questions about team structure and associated specialties.

Everyone who interviewed me were extraordinarily knowledgeable in their specific field, and had no problems in answering any questions. Consequently, I perceived the team to be young and dynamic, with a strong desire to outperform for FY2010. In addition, I felt that I would not only be able to offer my time and skills in pitches and other job responsibilities, but also my opinions about the market, where our priorities should be, as well as how to execute our strategy for 2010.

Very happy with the position I was offered

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied online for the summer technology analyst in NY. They were slow to reply. I had two interviews, both were behavioral. The first interview was a skype interview with one of the hiring managers. I was mostly asked behavioral questions and my passion for technology. i wasn't asked any algorithm and data structures question. I heard from the HR two days later and i was invited to NY for the final interviews. I was invited by Vice Presidents of three different departments. The interviews were mostly behavioral and there were no algorithms and data structures questions. The guys were slow in replying, they took more than 30 days, i think it's because they were interviewing so many people over three weeks. I ended up accepting an offer from another company whilst i was waiting. i was notified about the internship after i had already accepted another offer.

Interview Question – If we are to install a new software for managing accounts, would it be good to buy from vendors or just to make our own software locally?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had already accepted another offer. I also didn't feel like i was going to learn a lot from the internship and eventually consider CS my employer. I didn't want to end up coding in Visual Basic and Spread sheets.

Product Control Interview

Product Control

Interviewed at Credit Suisse

Interview Details This is for the 6 month internship program for undergraduate. The interview process includes one round of competency based interview and one round of case study of 20mins discussion on a topic with 3 other interviewees and make a short presentation

Interview Question – what are your weaknesses   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Audit

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2014.

Interview Details Went through an informal interview and spoke to several people about the role. Attained a view of the role from the former colleague conducting Audit points. Also discussed with hiring manager and senior management on the role and expectations.

Interview Question – The ability to adapt to a new enviroment and work style   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was fait

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2014.

Interview Details Relatively normal, though lenghty process; after application, two online tests (behavior and analytical), two phone interviews followed by a day of one-on-one interviews (5 in total) with the respective team and HR.

Everything ran smoothly, did OK on all accounts in the interview I reckon. The company gave a DL in which they said that they would come back (did not), after a while the hiring manager emailed stating he called to leave feedback (did not) after which I called back (went to a voicemail) and email of ("any feedback" / "Can I Call Back" (for the offered feedback)) wasn't answered. Honestly; I expected a little more class - especially in a lenghty process; I hope not all (hiring) managers in the company act like this.

Product Controllert Interview

Product Controllert
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2012.

Interview Details The interview process consisted of two rounds. The first round was a group interview (5-6 pax) and we were given a random topic to discuss and present. (Your typical group interview. Just make sure you discuss as loud as possible.) The second round was 1-to-1 interview with PC manager (AVP) or HR manager.

Interview Question – The interview questions were asked according to a piece of paper. The manager just read a question on the paper and you answered and that's all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Never take the offer. It was a mistake. BIG BIG BIG mistake to work for Credit Suisse.

Director Equities Interview

Director Equities
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in July 2010.

Interview Details Very smooth and well-managed, mostly due to headhunter who had a good relationship with the hiring manager. 4 interviews, 3 of those 1-on-1 and 1 with 3 future colleagues one after the other. Was mostly expected to explain how I would tackle certain issues and what my ideas were on certain topics. Good, fair interviews.

Negotiation Details – Negotiated sign-on bonus.

Very Easy Interview

Product Controller Interview

Product Controller
Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in August 2013.

Interview Details Mostly behavioral based questions and mostly unprofessional. It is funny how someone else had the almost the exact same experience interviewing with this company. It was 2 interviews for 2 different positions. The first I interviewed with 4 people (1 on 1). Straight forward behavioral based questions. I got a lot of "good answers". Also tried to connect on a personal level with all the interviewers. Didn't get an offer but the staffing agent called me 2 days after and told me I did not get it. On to the second interview for a different job. This interview had 3 people. The first woman who came in which I am sure is the exact same woman from another review was completely unprofessional and I could tell she could careless about me or the interview. Introduced herself for 1 minute, asked if I had any questions (I had two and another 1 minute) and then said she had a meeting and just left. I had a nice woman next and got "good answer" and "that's a great attitude to have" then a very pushy woman. She asked me what I know about Credit Suisse and I told her the little I knew about it then she basically stood on a pedestal and talked about how she went to ECU and her goal was to work at Credit Suisse, and how she knew everything about the company, and how she got the job in 2007 (right before the greatest recession we have had since the Great Depression. Lucky her I guess). That's about it. Once again more behavioral based questions with completely rude interviewers except a few. My advise is to skip this company unless you know someone working there because I'm sure they are just hiring friends and family. I just graduated with my MBA applying for these entry level positions. Also, never even heard back from the staffing agent or Credit Suisse after the second rejection. I didn't try to contact them because they didn't take the interview seriously and I knew I didn't get it right after I walked out the door. Two unprofessional interviews, a couple of "good answers" and one "great attitude", commuting all the way from Winston-Salem, wasted gas and time, and not one job offer.

Interview Question – None. Behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

IT Summer Analyst Interview

IT Summer Analyst
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2012.

Interview Details Be prepared for critical thinking questions. Be sure to study the program as well as be knowledgeable of basic program life cycle questions. Take advantage of the superday. Be sure to ask questions and get to know the interviewers as you meet them prior to the interviewing that day.

Interview Question – Why Credit Suisse   Answer Question

IT Assistant Vice President Interview

IT Assistant Vice President

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details It depends upon requirement and your networking. If they have requirement and you being referred by someone senior then within two round you should get offer. First round was more of technical whereas second round was more of discussion and confirmation of first round.

Interview Question – If you know your job well then there wasn't any thing which say difficult. I have answered all the question with regards to my field (Test Management) and was thru. 2nd round is more of 4 eye principle.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary and Title you will have to negotiate. Once IN it is very difficult to get change in both.

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!