Credit Suisse

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2009.

Initial contact with the company was via a recruiter who set up the first interview with the Director of the team.

First interview lasted 2 hours, and questions included the usual "what did you do in your last job", "why did you leave", as well as DCM-specific questions. Shortly after leaving the interview, I received a call from the Director asking to set up another interview the following afternoon to meet the rest of the team (five others in total).

Second interview was to last a couple of hours, however was approximately six hours long, and culminated in having some beers in the boardroom with the team. Primary aim of the process was to meet the other members of the team as well as have the opportunity to ask appropriate questions about team structure and associated specialties.

Everyone who interviewed me were extraordinarily knowledgeable in their specific field, and had no problems in answering any questions. Consequently, I perceived the team to be young and dynamic, with a strong desire to outperform for FY2010. In addition, I felt that I would not only be able to offer my time and skills in pitches and other job responsibilities, but also my opinions about the market, where our priorities should be, as well as how to execute our strategy for 2010.

Very happy with the position I was offered

No negotiation

Finance Summer Interview

Suvmitted my application through my school and set up an interview. First interview was at my school and behavioral and I am now onto final rounds which will consist of 4 1 on 1 interviews at their offixe.

Interview Questions
    • Went through my resume and why I am interested in finance.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

I was contacted by a recruiter after having dropped my resume off at a career fair a couple of months before. The recruiter quickly set up a first round phone interview for the next day. This consisted of a mix between personality and programming-specific questions and lasted about 30-45 minutes. I was then notified the same day that I was being invited to a face-to-face interview, which was scheduled for the very next day. The face-to-face interview consisted of similar questions as the phone interview. It consisted of three 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a question about Java lists.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Two technical rounds , almost for 2 hours . The technical rounds starts with basic concepts then the questions gets tougher.
    After the technical round they directly hire. There is no other formalities

Interview Questions
    • Mostly everything was as per job description   View Answer
    No Negotiation

Chief Financial Officer Chief Operating Officer Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online through the website and received a first round virtual interview. The interviewer was very friendly and relaxed, which helped make the interview a positive experience. The questions were all behavioral except for one question on my outlook for the markets and one question about the different financial statements. At the end, there was about 5 minutes to ask the interviewer my own questions about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you faced an ethical dilemma. How did you respond to it?   Answer Question

Global Support Specialist Interview

Behavioral interview process. Questions were based on customer interactions and how you would behave when you have a difficult customer. Mock phone calls where your stress level was challenged. Interviewers were calm, but were grading you during the mock phone call

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a difficult customer, how did you handle them   Answer Question

Money

IT Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

It was a twenty minute telephone interview. I was only asked very technical based questions. As well as asked about all projects on my CV and random coding questions. They were looking for someone who could be a developer more so than just an analyst.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

4 back-to-back interviews lasting 30 min each with one interviewer per round. They go through your CV and ask further questions on what you write in there. Rest of the questions were mostly competency based questions, though some asked slightly technical questions.

Asset Management Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2015.

Several on-campus recruiting events that were critical for networking. Online applications both on the career services website and the CS website. Heard back within a couple weeks and was invited for in-person interview on campus. Basically ran through my resume and experiences and only asked general market questions. Invited back for "superday" the following week.

EMEA Regional Lead: Contractor Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2015.

Response to the initial application was very quick and the internal recruitment team was extremely informative and helpful. First and second line interviews were via telephone as interviewers were based offshore and third/forth interview (combined) was in Canary Wharf.
    Decision was meant to be made within 2 days and ended up being over 2 weeks, only to find out that they were negotiating salary with another candidate on the 3rd week. Now 4 weeks down the line and I still have no feedback. A poor end to a well started process.

Interview Questions
    • No particularly difficult questions- Mostly centred around contingent labour, recruitment, MSP and VMS offerings and the challenges of change management. There was a large focus on culture with each interviewer.   Answer Question