Credit Suisse Interview Questions

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2009.

Initial contact with the company was via a recruiter who set up the first interview with the Director of the team.

First interview lasted 2 hours, and questions included the usual "what did you do in your last job", "why did you leave", as well as DCM-specific questions. Shortly after leaving the interview, I received a call from the Director asking to set up another interview the following afternoon to meet the rest of the team (five others in total).

Second interview was to last a couple of hours, however was approximately six hours long, and culminated in having some beers in the boardroom with the team. Primary aim of the process was to meet the other members of the team as well as have the opportunity to ask appropriate questions about team structure and associated specialties.

Everyone who interviewed me were extraordinarily knowledgeable in their specific field, and had no problems in answering any questions. Consequently, I perceived the team to be young and dynamic, with a strong desire to outperform for FY2010. In addition, I felt that I would not only be able to offer my time and skills in pitches and other job responsibilities, but also my opinions about the market, where our priorities should be, as well as how to execute our strategy for 2010.

Very happy with the position I was offered

No negotiation

IT Development Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Couple of interviews with team manager and key ppl, then I was seeing senior mgt, and met a team, very relaxed approach to the recruitment process, lots of technical design questions, work related examples, usual questions for this position.

Interview Questions
    • No surprises there, usual questions for an IT person. No trick questions.   Answer Question
    Not much room for a negotiation.

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Credit Suisse in July 2014.

I applied through college and cleared the apti which was a paper/pen test of 1 hour. There were 3 sections including quant, puzzles and coding. 1 more important bonus questions is to design an architecture like for a payment gateway.
    I cleared apti but not technical round.
    Technical was not tough but I was not prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Why did not solve all the coding questions in the first round   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Credit Suisse in January 2010.

Preference is for internal candidates and then external hiring will commence. Candidates will be selected from list of applicants. Job interviews will be done for the first round and then there are few more round of interviews for the selection. Most of the interviews are oral and there is no written exam.

Interview Questions
    Was able to negotiate salary increase.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in May 2011.

I was contacted by phone for a scheduled interview in the office. It was a short one (about 1 hour) with 3 people from the possible areas. They were asking things about my personality and background, explaining the jobs and asking if I was ok if them. After that, a couple of days after I was called to talk with the manager. He explained the benefits and responsibilities, as well as how was the daily work and environment. After this brief talking he made an offer.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

The hiring process is as this:
    Doing verbal/quantitative questions online -> submit resume -> receive a call and schedule interview time -> phone interview -> onsite interview (including presentation, 1:1 interview, group interview) -> second onsite interview (business case analysis) -> get the offer

Interview Questions
    • no technical interviews, although i applied a technical job   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2012.

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks.You apply for a program called "Practical Working Experience Program" through their career site. If you pass the initial screening, you get to take a IQ-similar test and get a first round interview. Once you pass the first test, you will be invited to a second-round, in which you will talk with the VP.

Interview Questions
    • Very Technical Question: I was very surprised because not a lot of investment banking firms ask questions about EVA method. However, Deutsche asked me how EVA value is technically the same as the After-Tax Cash Flow   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Credit Suisse in December 2010.

First stage consisted in doing some numerical and logical thinking tests. Then there was a telephone interview to find out why I wanted to work at CS, questions about my background and other general stuff, along with some very basic technical question.

I was then invited upon the end of the first telephone interview over to Zürich for an interview with the HR recruiter and a vice president (my future line manager). I was asked to explain my engineering project, what were the software design patterns I was familiar with, and some other easy technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • how many petrol stations are in Germany? how much time does a professional cleaner need to clean all the windows of the Empire State?   Answer Question
    I asked for 82500CHF and I was given that. Later I found out that recent graduates with a masters degree (like me) get between 80000CHF and 85000CHF.

Global Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Morrisville, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse in April 2010.

I was contacted by several contracting companies for the chance to interview at CS for their brand new help desk. The interview was more about personality rather than technical as my resume demonstrated that my technical background was more than sufficient. I interviewed with 4 people over a 2 hour period and found common ground with each interviewer. Some of the questions I asked were around the opportunity to be converted to perm. At this time, I was told that if at the end of 6 months I ranked in the top 10% of specialists then I would be converted to perm. I was told that the the new hires (125 of us) would go through an 8 week training process on all the products across the board. I received an offer about 2 hours after my interview was completed.
    The on boarding process was thorough but evolving.

Interview Questions
    • I did not face any tough questions during the interview.   Answer Question
    I was offered a rate and I counter offered and it was accepted.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in July 2014.

Internal referral -- 2 phone interviews over the course of 3 weeks and then heard nothing for 2 weeks. I followed up multiple times via email and phone but folks were frequently out of the office for extended periods of time. Finally after 7 weeks they told me via email that they chose another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult or unexpected. Pretty straight forward/typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!