Credit Suisse Interview Questions

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2009.

Initial contact with the company was via a recruiter who set up the first interview with the Director of the team.

First interview lasted 2 hours, and questions included the usual "what did you do in your last job", "why did you leave", as well as DCM-specific questions. Shortly after leaving the interview, I received a call from the Director asking to set up another interview the following afternoon to meet the rest of the team (five others in total).

Second interview was to last a couple of hours, however was approximately six hours long, and culminated in having some beers in the boardroom with the team. Primary aim of the process was to meet the other members of the team as well as have the opportunity to ask appropriate questions about team structure and associated specialties.

Everyone who interviewed me were extraordinarily knowledgeable in their specific field, and had no problems in answering any questions. Consequently, I perceived the team to be young and dynamic, with a strong desire to outperform for FY2010. In addition, I felt that I would not only be able to offer my time and skills in pitches and other job responsibilities, but also my opinions about the market, where our priorities should be, as well as how to execute our strategy for 2010.

Very happy with the position I was offered

No negotiation

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Very conversational. They seemed less interested in my specific background and more interested in my culture fit. Lots of questions about how I would work within their operating model and corporate structure. They were thorough in terms of having me meet as many people in person as possible. But lack of specifics on my past work makes me wonder whether they find the right skill-sets in the people they recruit.

Interview Questions
    • What's your approach on build vs. buy?
      What's your approach on employees vs. contractors?

Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

One OCR interview, superday in the office. People are nice during interviews, but the office environment may not be the greatest one in the industry. The interviews are not anything special, but they really want to know who you are! Study a bit about the firm's culture and tailor your story so that it fits what the firm is looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Basic behavioral/technical questions. Some questions regarding current trend!   Answer Question

IT Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Applied through university career site. Had an on-campus interview that was mostly behavioral questions.
    Got invited to a super day at their office, where there were 3 interviews. These were also largely behavioral with a few questions about specifics on the projects listed on my resume.
    Got a call two weeks later with the offer.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

The process was long but not too rigorous--that is, for the Finance Department. Most questions were behavioral-based, asking me to "give a time when ___" and how I responded to the situation. Mainly they looked for general competency and the right attitude. Knowing someone is crucial to getting your foot in the door.

Interview Questions
    • Give a time when you disagreed with a coworker on a group project. How did you handle this?   Answer Question

Rotational Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Super day interview with multiple rounds throughout the day. Presentation and tour of the building. Lunch interview as well. Behavioral, Technical and Skill based Questions. Huge pool of candidates for interview at sane point in time.

Product Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2015.

1st round: group interview 4 to 4.
    Discuss a social related topic and finally present as a group.
    The interviewer are four guys from Product Control Division, I have to say that they are sooo handsome. The topic is not very hard, just regular issues and unrelated to Finance.

2nd round: two individual interviews
    Not taken yet, had been scheduled.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2015.

Nothing big..Details
    Hiring was through campus recruitment program. First step is shortlisting based on resume, anybody with intern in finance, CFA, good acads (read 8.5 above) were shortlisted. Second process was group discussion on general current topics. Emphasis is on involvement in the group and listening to others. Followed by GD, there were 2 to 3 rounds of interviews. First round was about getting to know about candidate, why finance kinda questions, checking basic knowledge on finance. Mostly they were interested in knowing your personality and its suitability for position offered. Second round was more of HR interview.

Relationship Manager (Career Start) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2015.

I had two rounds of interview: first informal on the phone (tell us about yourself, why Credit Suisse, etc.), second round - 2-hours personal interview with an HR, the department head and a relationship manager. I was asked some personality and "what if..." questions (see examples), then half an hour "business questions" (explain in easy terms what is equity and bond, what do you think about the future of banking, etc.) and then half an hour with one of the relationship managers, talking about general economic events in the region, central bank policy, etc. I was also asked about my research in the Bachelor and Master thesis.
    If you come more or less prepared, you'll get it!

Interview Questions
    • "You get an urgent assignment from your boss to be completed today, at the same time the phone rings - the client wants you to change something in his portfolio, and at the same time your colleague comes in and asks for help. What do you do?"   Answer Question
    • "Was there a difficult situation in your life that you didn't manage to solve?   Answer Question
    • "You are at the point of signing a contract with a client and suddenly understand that the internal norms of the bank don't allow you to do it. Your actions?"   Answer Question

IBD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

One assessment centre - no telephone interview
    Round 1: 2 competency interviews with VP/Associate. Depending on your background it could be technical or competency. If pass this stage, you go to the next round on the same day
    Round 2: 2 competency and one case study with DIR/MD level. Genuinely just wanted to know you for who you are and your passion outside work.

CS is a different to other US banks I had interviews with. My background is not technical so they only quizzed me on the basics i.e which company is a better buy etc

It was nice to have DIR/MD getting involved in the recruitment process

Interview Questions
    • Why CS, why IBD, what's your story, opinion on the Greek's crisis, oil prices and its impact, it is quite hard to prepare for certain questions!   Answer Question