Credit Suisse

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2009.

Initial contact with the company was via a recruiter who set up the first interview with the Director of the team.

First interview lasted 2 hours, and questions included the usual "what did you do in your last job", "why did you leave", as well as DCM-specific questions. Shortly after leaving the interview, I received a call from the Director asking to set up another interview the following afternoon to meet the rest of the team (five others in total).

Second interview was to last a couple of hours, however was approximately six hours long, and culminated in having some beers in the boardroom with the team. Primary aim of the process was to meet the other members of the team as well as have the opportunity to ask appropriate questions about team structure and associated specialties.

Everyone who interviewed me were extraordinarily knowledgeable in their specific field, and had no problems in answering any questions. Consequently, I perceived the team to be young and dynamic, with a strong desire to outperform for FY2010. In addition, I felt that I would not only be able to offer my time and skills in pitches and other job responsibilities, but also my opinions about the market, where our priorities should be, as well as how to execute our strategy for 2010.

Very happy with the position I was offered

No negotiation

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

I had 13 interviews on 5 separate days for a VP-level job. Most interviewers were totally unprepared, had no idea who I was or why I was there. One Branch Manager said, "I don't know why we're even looking at someone for that position." Another CEO direct report said, "I have a tie over there on the hook but I didn't think you were important enough to put it on."

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

HR said interview is purely competency but one person tested alot of technicals for final round. Mostly textbook knowledge though, they really grill you for what youve done in the past. Small group of 4 interviewing, met nice candidates, and CS people are generally very nice and helpful.

Group Support Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

I first had a phone screening with the recruiter then a phone interview with the hiring manager. After a week, I was called to set up a formal interview with two VPs. The formal interview lasted only 30 minutes with one of the VPs. I was supposed to meet with two that day but I was told the 2nd was out for the day (maybe/maybe not).

Interview Questions
    • Basically tell about your yourself (skill set and experiences)   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Credit Suisse.

Received a phone call from HR to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview itself lasted about 15 minutes and was very relaxed. Was then contacted by HR to set up an in person interview. Interviewed with hiring manager and team leader. Both were very relaxed and it felt like a conversation rather than being grilled.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions about problem solving where they want specific examples. Most unexpected was probably "when was a time you had to work hard to achieve something you believed in."   View Answer
    They offer a standard starting salary to everyone and it was higher than I expected, so I did not try to negotiate.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

I got an interview through on-campus recruiting (target school). I was asked to do some mental math and brainteasers, which I breezed through. I was also asked some questions on my resume. It was a pretty standard interview for an S&T summer internship. Unfortunately, I did not get a superday.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected, but one problem was dividing a 9-digit number by another 9-digit number and guessing what the answer would be (to the nearest integer).   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The company is pretty awesome and everything is good. The questions are very straight forward. No hard questions. diverse company with people in different background. The company is pretty awesome and everything is good. The questions are very straight forward. No hard questions. diverse company with people in different background.

Fixed Income Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2014.

One-day assessment center only with five rounds of individual interviews. The super day is divided into morning session and afternoon session and you can head for the second part only if you pass the first which includes two individual interviews. There's no group exercise.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly competency based plus a few market sense or technical questions. The interviewers were from business positions and basically went through my CV. There were some technical questions, like how to price the digital option underlying the euro-dollar exchange rate and to dram the P&L diagram.   Answer Question

Information Technology Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2014.

My interview was scheduled to be 30 minutes in my Career Development Center but we both started late and finished late. Before the interview, two other representatives were in the waiting room having casual conversations with those of us there. This was definitely relaxing and a good way to learn more about Credit Suisse. The actual interview questions were behavioral, situational, and technical (Java examples). My interviewer was somewhat intimidating, and I could tell when I didn't answer something the way he wanted me to. He also didn't shake my hand after our interview.

Interview Questions
    • Java questions were comparing strings and using switch cases.   Answer Question

IT Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Just a first round phone screening by a campus recruiter. Asked only expected questions. Why IB, why Credit Suisse, walk me through your resume. quick and easy. The only issue was the interviewer breaking up on the phone and being hard to understand.