Credit Suisse

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
North Sydney

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2009.

Interview Details Initial contact with the company was via a recruiter who set up the first interview with the Director of the team.

First interview lasted 2 hours, and questions included the usual "what did you do in your last job", "why did you leave", as well as DCM-specific questions. Shortly after leaving the interview, I received a call from the Director asking to set up another interview the following afternoon to meet the rest of the team (five others in total).

Second interview was to last a couple of hours, however was approximately six hours long, and culminated in having some beers in the boardroom with the team. Primary aim of the process was to meet the other members of the team as well as have the opportunity to ask appropriate questions about team structure and associated specialties.

Everyone who interviewed me were extraordinarily knowledgeable in their specific field, and had no problems in answering any questions. Consequently, I perceived the team to be young and dynamic, with a strong desire to outperform for FY2010. In addition, I felt that I would not only be able to offer my time and skills in pitches and other job responsibilities, but also my opinions about the market, where our priorities should be, as well as how to execute our strategy for 2010.

Very happy with the position I was offered

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Exempt Non Officer Interview

Interviewed at Credit Suisse

Interview Details Had total of 5 rounds. the initial rounds were good. But the final round with the director din't go well.

Interview Question – A practical question ws asked in the final round which i was not really expecting.   Answer Question

Information Technology Summer Analyst Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in February 2014.

Interview Details The recruitment team is very friendly and informative. First round candidates attended a pre-interview reception where we met employees. During first round interview, behavior and tech questions are both asked. Then there was a tour/welcome diner before second round of interview. Second round is composed of 3 interviews. Second round interviews are behavioral. Questions I encountered were about leadership experiences, ethics (how would you handle this situation where your co-worker is leaking crucial information to someone outside the company).

Interview Question – object oriented programming questions   Answer Question

EComm Strategy Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in July 2012.

Interview Details It was more of a sales job to sell me on things, less of an interview. The only real interview part was by a biz leader who i later came to respect as one of the very strong biz leaders in the org. The rest of the interviews were more like pleasant chats.

Interview Question – None really, I generally enjoy the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Low ball followed by counter and holding out a bit until I got close to, but not exactly, what I wnated.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details Invited to junior day. started the process in November, had a web cam interview in December. invited back for super day in January which consisted of 3, 30 minute interviews

Interview Question – Was asked about 3 year treasury rate when I was told to only know 5 and 10 year.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Credit Suisse in March 2014.

Interview Details One Telephonic interview of about 45 minutes. Very easy and comfortable.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Credit Suisse in July 2011.

Interview Details Submitted my application online and received a call from HR after a few weeks for an interview. It was a panel interview with the hiring managers. Received the offer after 1 week.

Interview Question – Very common interview questions like "why do you want to join Credit Suisse?", "where do you see yourself in 5 years' time?", "Have you encountered any difficult situation, and how do you resolve it?"   Answer Question

Product Control Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Credit Suisse.

Interview Details 1) group assessment interview
   you'll be given a topic and discuss it in a group of 6 for 30 minutes. Then there'll be the presentation and Q&A. The interviews were all very nice but you have to really stand out from your group.

2) still waiting

Interview Question – given half the salary, are you still willing to do this job?   Answer Question

Intern In DCM Origination Interview

Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Credit Suisse in November 2012.

Interview Details I made the application online via the Credit Suisse careers portal. Following the application I waited 2-3 weeks for a reply. An HR telephone interview was scheduled and I was asked basic questions that one would encounter in any HR interview: why Credit Suisse? What is my motivation for applying to this position? What is my greatest weakness etc. Following this I waited about another week and was then invited to 3 face to face interviews which were held back to back with an Associate, VP and a Director. The first two were very friendly and relaxed and the conversation flowed. The third was very confrontational and included technical and behavioral questions. One day after the interviews I received an offer which I accepted.

Interview Question – We think you are overqualified for this position. Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negation, standard salaries for interns.

Technical Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Credit Suisse

Interview Details three stages, first overall realy nice meeting with three persons then redirected to the specified department

Interview Question – questions about databases during network related hiring process   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Credit Suisse

Worked for Credit Suisse? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Credit Suisse interview questions and advice. All 454 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Credit Suisse employees and interview candidates.