Crunch Fitness Interview Questions

Updated 12 Jun 2015

2.4

Membership Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Interview

Applied online, got an email invitation for an interview. Greated by the reception staff, asked to wait while having a chat to the friendly and happy staff. Then sat down with the CEO, (first crunch to open in Australia, now it's just the GM's that do the interviews) he asked me a few questions such as What I do when I'm stressed, an example of going above and beyond for customer service and what it means to me. Why I would be a good fit for the job, then had informal conversation about my travels and sporting history.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I recieved another call, this time from the new General Manager, just going over a few more things and saying they would love to have me on board and they have a staff meeting next week that all new employees should attend.

Fitness Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Crunch Fitness (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

The Interview was conducted with great enthusiasm, which in my experience has most always been the case due to my personal passion for the "Health and Fitness Industry." The interview was conducted first by introduction of course and then proceeded to take its natural course of questions, starting from what I was looking for in a position of employment.

Interview Questions

• How do I think that I could be an asset to the company given my experience and credentials?   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Crunch Fitness (New York, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was quick. I emailed my resume to the hiring manager and got a response almost immediately for an interview. The man who interviewed me was condescending and clearly sexist. Criticized me for being prepared with questions and assumed that I was incapable of thinking the questions up myself. I will no longer be patronizing the company as well as definitely not ever work at a Crunch facility because of how rude this guy was.

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Interview

Took a 15 minute tour of the facility followed by a 30 minute informal interview. Hiring manager was very friendly however it was clear that they were driven by sales projections and meeting a monthly quota. Not much of an emphasis on employee development, it seemed more like a 'hustle' than anything else

Interview Questions

• How much can you grow your clientele roster in the first 30 days of employment?   1 Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ (US)

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Crunch Fitness (Woodbridge, NJ (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

The phone interview was very fast I had to call them they did not remember to call me!!!!! The interviewer was very rushed honestly I don't know why??? Very odd!!!!!

Membership Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Interview

There was 3 interviews. 1 phone screen, Then GM of one of the clubs, Then interview with the VP of sales manager. Last meet, tour and interview with GM of the club potential club you would be working at. Then do all paper work they call your references and they will perform a background check,

Interview Questions

• Why is fitness important to you and do you have a passion for it.   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelsea, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Crunch Fitness (Chelsea, NY (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

2 interviews:
    1- personal:
    - simply asking you about why the job
    - previous experience
    - Then you take a small 10-question test related to human physiology/nutrition

2- practicum
    - take you through how you would do an initial assessment of someone and then describe what you would do.
    - then you will be evaluated

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crunch Fitness (San Mateo, CA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to come in for an open day interview. I then proceed with a practical interview which I pass. Then I was texted the entire time regarding the next steps. I was never contacted by a professional HR personnel, but only by the manager who seems to have problem communicating professionally through email or accepting phone calls.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer - future manager, changed the entire practical interview by giving me a complete different time-frame, person to train, and requirement on the interview.   Answer Question

stay way, there are better gyms nearby.

To be a little more detailed. I did get and accept the job offer. I was 'texted' to join their training the next week. I never receive an official offer letter. Then, on Tuesday evening, I receive a last minute call to go to see my manager on Wednesday at 5pm. I was then given a 7 course certification to complete the same night, but still need to drive 2.5 hours to attend training (at a different location) the next day morning. After the commute hassle on Thursday, I decided it was not in my best interest to work with a entirely unprofessional company so I submitted my resignation, twice. After a week, the manager 'call' and left a voice mail telling me I was terminated?!?!

Bottom line: They attract you with "potential 100k earning", but this unprofessional-ism is just not worth it. A good trainer can get the same amount of income anywhere.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Crunch Fitness (Carlsbad, CA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was thorough. I was asked several accounting questions to test my basic knowledge. I was interviewed by several people and got a real sense of the job and company

Membership Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Crunch Fitness (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and received a call on Monday for a Tuesday interview. When I arrived, I told the Front Desk employee who I was and who I was there to see. He told me the GM was with a potential member and to take a seat. I saw the GM go on a tour which lasted about 15 minutes. When he came back, he told me he was sorry and that he should be with me in a moment. While I waited, 3 employees approached me separately and we talked for a moment (all very friendly). After waiting for an hour, I decided to leave. About an hour later, the GM left me a voice mail apologizing and told me to call him back if I wanted to reschedule the interview. I thought this was very nice but did not to call him back. I understand that they were not properly staffed that day and wanted to get another member but I felt disrespected before an actual interview occurred. If this is how I was treated before an interview, I wonder how I would be treated as an employee.