Crunch Fitness Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct 2014

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Crunch Fitness

Membership Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Applied online, got an email invitation for an interview. Greated by the reception staff, asked to wait while having a chat to the friendly and happy staff. Then sat down with the CEO, (first crunch to open in Australia, now it's just the GM's that do the interviews) he asked me a few questions such as What I do when I'm stressed, an example of going above and beyond for customer service and what it means to me. Why I would be a good fit for the job, then had informal conversation about my travels and sporting history.

Interview Questions
    I recieved another call, this time from the new General Manager, just going over a few more things and saying they would love to have me on board and they have a staff meeting next week that all new employees should attend.

Membership Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Crunch Fitness.

There was 3 interviews. 1 phone screen, Then GM of one of the clubs, Then interview with the VP of sales manager. Last meet, tour and interview with GM of the club potential club you would be working at. Then do all paper work they call your references and they will perform a background check,

Interview Questions
    • Why is fitness important to you and do you have a passion for it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Crunch Fitness.

I was contacted by a recruiter to come in for an open day interview. I then proceed with a practical interview which I pass. Then I was texted the entire time regarding the next steps. I was never contacted by a professional HR personnel, but only by the manager who seems to have problem communicating professionally through email or accepting phone calls.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer - future manager, changed the entire practical interview by giving me a complete different time-frame, person to train, and requirement on the interview.   Answer Question

stay way, there are better gyms nearby.

To be a little more detailed. I did get and accept the job offer. I was 'texted' to join their training the next week. I never receive an official offer letter. Then, on Tuesday evening, I receive a last minute call to go to see my manager on Wednesday at 5pm. I was then given a 7 course certification to complete the same night, but still need to drive 2.5 hours to attend training (at a different location) the next day morning. After the commute hassle on Thursday, I decided it was not in my best interest to work with a entirely unprofessional company so I submitted my resignation, twice. After a week, the manager 'call' and left a voice mail telling me I was terminated?!?!

Bottom line: They attract you with "potential 100k earning", but this unprofessional-ism is just not worth it. A good trainer can get the same amount of income anywhere.

Membership Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Crunch Fitness in June 2014.

I applied online on a Friday and received a call on Monday for a Tuesday interview. When I arrived, I told the Front Desk employee who I was and who I was there to see. He told me the GM was with a potential member and to take a seat. I saw the GM go on a tour which lasted about 15 minutes. When he came back, he told me he was sorry and that he should be with me in a moment. While I waited, 3 employees approached me separately and we talked for a moment (all very friendly). After waiting for an hour, I decided to leave. About an hour later, the GM left me a voice mail apologizing and told me to call him back if I wanted to reschedule the interview. I thought this was very nice but did not to call him back. I understand that they were not properly staffed that day and wanted to get another member but I felt disrespected before an actual interview occurred. If this is how I was treated before an interview, I wonder how I would be treated as an employee.

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Crunch Fitness.

Applied online via Crunch Fitness website. I was contacted shortly after from the Fitness Manager from the location I applied to. Interview was 1:1 and set a few days after the phone call. After the 1:1 interview, I was told there would be a 2nd round of interviews to be held.

Personal Trainer Interview

Initial phone screening used to gather information regarding my past experience, certifications, and availability. First interview was traditional in that we dug a littler deeper into my resume and personality; such as if I am a 'Team Player'. Second interview was practical application and a chance to showcase my skill set as an experienced and qualified trainer.

Interview Questions
    • None were particularly difficult or unexpected. Truly an experience to be yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Crunch Fitness in August 2013.

Answered a posting online on Craigslist for Crunch 34th Street. After a brief phone interview I was invited over the following week. The interview began promptly and lasted no more then 10 mins. It was all very basic questions such as why I want this job, etc... Afterwards, I received the job sales pitch from their advertisement. After that I was told, 'we will be touching base shortly' but never heard back.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Crunch Fitness in March 2013.

I was called in for an interview about 2 weeks after submitting my resume via craiglslist. It was for the new branch of gyms they are opening at a lower price point. The interview was a group interview that asked an eclectic group of questions such as what makes a great supervisor, your strengths, who your hero is, to what artist your listening to now and your favorite movie. Of course their were some questions that focused on fitness. Overall a decent interview, I believe management was just looking for people to be themselves. After this interview I was told there would be someone contacting us about a second interview, but instead I was contacted with an offer, so I have no information to offer about the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What can a person that annoys you and just get under your skin?   View Answer
    Pay is very low

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Crunch Fitness.

I interviewed w/ the Fitness Manager and then the Regional Manager, pretty fast process.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly it was a pretty easy process. I get the feeling that they hire alot due to turnover   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Crunch Fitness in November 2012.

I interviewed with Mike, the General Manager. He was nice and pretty laid back like everyone else who seemed to work there. They even request that when you come in you wear normal clothes like how you would dress if you worked there, not interview clothes. My interview lasted maybe 45 mins to an hour, but I did ask a lot of questions at the end. Most of the questions he asked were personality type questions and being that I have no sales experience, it was pretty clear that they look for people who would be a good fit for the company and they are willing to train you. He pretty much told me at the end that he liked me and was going to have me come back for a 2nd interview. I ended up declining it later on because of the pay ($9/hr. and the rest is commission) and the distance for me was really far so overall it wasn't worth it. They also tell you that if you're earning $24,000/year then you're doing an average-ish job but they expect you to exceed your quotas every month. $45,000/year and up is kind of what they really expect from you, keeping in mind that it's almost all commission. If you have experience selling or you're naturally good at it, you could do really well, but if you're looking for a steady paycheck every month then this probably isn't the right position.

Interview Questions
    • Because I had no sales experience, I got put to the test. First test was "sell me this stapler" and he didn't really give in until I worked for it and wouldn't let him not "buy" it. Second test was that I had to go up to this girl who was sitting at a desk that worked there and "sell her on signing up for a Crunch membership/personal training/classes"   Answer Question

Too little pay to count on ($9/hr + commission) and too far for me to drive every day