D&B Interview Questions

2.9

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in May 2011.

Phone interview was easy, took about 10 mins. Asked very basic questions about the company, position and your interest in the position. Had the 1:1 interview about a week later, wasn't too bad, but I think I didn't show enough interest in the company and position.

Interview Questions
    • what sort of paper work do you think you will be dealing with in our credit report business line?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at D&B in September 2014.

I submitted an application on a job site for the position which had a particular vertical. My resume clearly showed that I didn't possess that vertical experience but I have been successful in sales for 15 years. I met all the criteria required for the position and there was no mention of vertical experience as a requirement. The day after I applied for the position I received an email from recruiting for an interview. We scheduled the call and from the start it was one of the most vague and open-ended calls - more about trying to trip you up than being helpful; where you would be the luckiest person on earth to work there. And at the end the recruiter informed me that she would refer me to the hiring director who would most likely not pursue due to my lack of vertical experience. My question? Why given what my resume said, would I even be considered? Luckily I had received an offer from another company that afternoon. An hour of my life isn't all that bad but it was a waste of time.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at D&B in March 2013.

I had 5 phone interviews and 3 in-person interviews. The people were pleasant and open to any questions I had. Ultimately, I did not get the position but they told me they liked me so much they would keep me on file for future openings.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of questions about what exactly I would do when I was in the company to help drive sales.   Answer Question

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at D&B in August 2014.

I was intimated about a walk-in by a consultancy. It was at 10 AM . At 10:15 they started a written test for 1 hour within the bay.The questions were ambiguous and the pictures they had given were vague and not printed with good quality. After the test, they started verifying the answer, I could hear the persons talking while correcting the paper and it seemed that most of them did not know the answers to the questions and were struggling to verify the papers!. I lost any good impressions I had about the company. As I passed the written test, I faced a technical interview, which was also okay, but was told that if i were selected I would have to stretch times on most days. After I passed this level, I had a meeting with the manager who told me that it had a 8 hour culture, which confused me. After this round I had a meeting with the HR manager. After asking all details, he said he would get back to me on the next day and it has not happened and now it is few days later.

Interview Questions
    • If two persons in your team are performing equally good how will you rate them during the appraisal process   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Two Technical rounds [Logically solving program] and technical discussion explaining about the projects done and questions related to that and last meet VP for further discussion. They check how technically sound you are, how verbally and confidentially you are.

Was Good Money, But Too Stressful Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at D&B in April 2010.

I was contacted via telephone by an HR rep for the company who worked out of New Jersey. I was then asked to interview at the Tucson office. The interview process was not very stressful and I was asked the general questions like "tell me a time when...".

Predictive Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at D&B.

There was a brief phone interview that lasted about half an hour which was followed by an onsite interview with a few members of their team and then a one hour presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked more business-related questions than I was expecting when applying for a statistics job.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sandyford (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandyford (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at D&B.

A technical interview with a chat about past works. Then some architecture questions on REST, SOAP, core Java. Everything normal and easy. An exercise on blackboard to reverse a String in Java.

Interview Questions
    • I still don't know this one. Would you structure your application to take benefits when it is being deployed in Cloud rather than hardware?   View Answer

Risk Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at D&B in November 2011.

The interviews took over 2 months and included an aptitude test, personality test and a mock sales presentation. I didn't get any indication where I ranked until the end of those two months. Overall it wasn't a bad experience for me.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage your weaknesses in tough situations with team members or clients?   Answer Question
    Positive experience during negotiation phase

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in July 2012.

Horrible recruiting process. Very little personal connection and the video interview was ridiculous. Pro forma, canned questions that did not allow for any variance from the script. HR rep was borderline rude.

Interview Questions
    • None of the canned questions was difficult to answer, but the video interview was ludicrous. It did not allow for any interaction, which is crazy when it was for a Communications position.   Answer Question

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!