D&B

57 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Analyst Interview

Melbourne

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in May 2011.

Interview Details Phone interview was easy, took about 10 mins. Asked very basic questions about the company, position and your interest in the position. Had the 1:1 interview about a week later, wasn't too bad, but I think I didn't show enough interest in the company and position.

Interview Question – what sort of paper work do you think you will be dealing with in our credit report business line?   View Answer

Vice President Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in September 2011.

Interview Details Very positive and proactive approach. It was clear that D&B wanted to hire from the beginning

Interview Question – Do you believe you will fit into our culture, highly competitive and performance oriented   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate $10K increase in salary

Multi-Lingual Data Analyst Interview

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at D&B in October 2010.

Interview Details Via an agency. Very good preparation by agency before the interviews with the company.
Friendly athmosphere, relaxed, straight forward. Mainly talking about stages of CV in detail.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, but they were checking enthusiasm for the company   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation about salary. Start date was flexible.

Relationship Manager National Accounts Interview

Interviewed at D&B

Interview Details Overly involved process with 5 separate interviews. Included a presentation to a group of which only 2 of 5 scheduled attended. Weeks passed and I was advised waiting on final offer to be made. Long story short, instead of offer was advised that a direct contact of a senior manager was chosen at their insistence.

Interview Question – Going through numerous interviews with essentially the same individual.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details Initial phone interview with an internal recruiter, went well and basic sales questions. Recruiter moved me forward and was supportive throughout the process. Called back for interview in the office. Initial impression was good, seeing large open floor with casually dressed employees. Led to a room to meet with one of the Sales Managers. They gave a brief overview of the position, it was a little rushed. Then left me in the room with a phone for a mock call. Phone rings and I am instantly aking questions and trying to demonstrate knowledge of their preferred approach. Call goes through entire process (with a product overview for reference) and most importantly, asking for the sale and closing. Followed by high level feedback on my style, communication skills and approach. Told they would be in touch and received a call back within the week with a job offer.

Interview Question – Director of NCA conducted the mock call, the pressure was on immediately and they played a "pleasant but tough" customer, throwing a few curveballs with objections and pushback on price.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Base is set offer, very little room for negotiations. All opportunity for earnings is based on sales performance. Must hit quota and over achieve for bonus potential.

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in February 2010.

Interview Details Interview call and then onsite

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at D&B in January 2014.

Interview Details phone interview took 5 minutes, basic questions such as what your best attrubute, where you go to school

Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details One phone interview from a corporate recruiter. Then a 3 person interview.

Interview Question – Pretend that I am a prospect and sell me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flat offer that was above my salary expectation.

Predictive Modeler Interview

Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details 2 rounds of phone interview, 1 hour presentation, 5 face to face interview

Customer Support Representative Interview

Customer Support Representative
Naperville, IL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at D&B in April 2009.

Interview Details went threw a staffing agent for 90 days then they hired me full time

Negotiation Details – they were the best company I have ever worked for

Interviews for Top Jobs at D&B

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at D&B interview questions and advice. All 57 interview reviews are posted anonymously by D&B employees and interview candidates.