D&B Interview Questions

2.9

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at D&B in May 2011.

Phone interview was easy, took about 10 mins. Asked very basic questions about the company, position and your interest in the position. Had the 1:1 interview about a week later, wasn't too bad, but I think I didn't show enough interest in the company and position.

Interview Questions
    • what sort of paper work do you think you will be dealing with in our credit report business line?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at D&B in September 2014.

I submitted an application on a job site for the position which had a particular vertical. My resume clearly showed that I didn't possess that vertical experience but I have been successful in sales for 15 years. I met all the criteria required for the position and there was no mention of vertical experience as a requirement. The day after I applied for the position I received an email from recruiting for an interview. We scheduled the call and from the start it was one of the most vague and open-ended calls - more about trying to trip you up than being helpful; where you would be the luckiest person on earth to work there. And at the end the recruiter informed me that she would refer me to the hiring director who would most likely not pursue due to my lack of vertical experience. My question? Why given what my resume said, would I even be considered? Luckily I had received an offer from another company that afternoon. An hour of my life isn't all that bad but it was a waste of time.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Two Technical rounds [Logically solving program] and technical discussion explaining about the projects done and questions related to that and last meet VP for further discussion. They check how technically sound you are, how verbally and confidentially you are.

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at D&B in August 2014.

I was intimated about a walk-in by a consultancy. It was at 10 AM . At 10:15 they started a written test for 1 hour within the bay.The questions were ambiguous and the pictures they had given were vague and not printed with good quality. After the test, they started verifying the answer, I could hear the persons talking while correcting the paper and it seemed that most of them did not know the answers to the questions and were struggling to verify the papers!. I lost any good impressions I had about the company. As I passed the written test, I faced a technical interview, which was also okay, but was told that if i were selected I would have to stretch times on most days. After I passed this level, I had a meeting with the manager who told me that it had a 8 hour culture, which confused me. After this round I had a meeting with the HR manager. After asking all details, he said he would get back to me on the next day and it has not happened and now it is few days later.

Interview Questions
    • If two persons in your team are performing equally good how will you rate them during the appraisal process   Answer Question

Predictive Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at D&B.

There was a brief phone interview that lasted about half an hour which was followed by an onsite interview with a few members of their team and then a one hour presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked more business-related questions than I was expecting when applying for a statistics job.   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at D&B in July 2014.

I applied through staffing agency. I had phone screen with guy from India and he claim that he is manager and is on vacation. I spoke with him for 1 hour on the phone and he told me that he is impressed with my skills, and then next day I had onsite interview. Onsite interview was located in North Lamar and Airport. 7 people took my interview one after another. Only one guy asked me tough technical interview questions with lady sitting with him. That guy was kind of rude and asked me lots of tough questions. Rest of the 6 guys asked pretty much asked me on what I have done so far in previous company. I have to repeated the same story 6 times for 6 people one after another in interview room. Interview was pretty good. Once the interview was over, I was being the told that they will get in touch with me. It's been 3+ weeks and they have not gotten back to me yet and I saw online on several job sites that they are still looking for same position and posted as new position. Their technical questions were very tough like pretty much mostly Architect based type instead of Senior Software engineer, but yet their pay was below average. I was being told that right candidate will be working all my himself in one project. Project consisted of Sales-force integration with existing web application.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandyford (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandyford (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at D&B.

A technical interview with a chat about past works. Then some architecture questions on REST, SOAP, core Java. Everything normal and easy. An exercise on blackboard to reverse a String in Java.

Interview Questions
    • I still don't know this one. Would you structure your application to take benefits when it is being deployed in Cloud rather than hardware?   View Answer

Relationship Manager National Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at D&B.

Recruiter reached out to me based on an old resume for a position in a different location, after speaking realized I was a better fit for a different (more lucrative position).

Interview Questions
    I was very young, and didn't try to negotiate as it was significantly more than I was making at the time.

Relationship Manager National Accounts Interview

Overly involved process with 5 separate interviews. Included a presentation to a group of which only 2 of 5 scheduled attended. Weeks passed and I was advised waiting on final offer to be made. Long story short, instead of offer was advised that a direct contact of a senior manager was chosen at their insistence.

Interview Questions
    • Going through numerous interviews with essentially the same individual.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at D&B.

Initial phone interview with an internal recruiter, went well and basic sales questions. Recruiter moved me forward and was supportive throughout the process. Called back for interview in the office. Initial impression was good, seeing large open floor with casually dressed employees. Led to a room to meet with one of the Sales Managers. They gave a brief overview of the position, it was a little rushed. Then left me in the room with a phone for a mock call. Phone rings and I am instantly aking questions and trying to demonstrate knowledge of their preferred approach. Call goes through entire process (with a product overview for reference) and most importantly, asking for the sale and closing. Followed by high level feedback on my style, communication skills and approach. Told they would be in touch and received a call back within the week with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Director of NCA conducted the mock call, the pressure was on immediately and they played a "pleasant but tough" customer, throwing a few curveballs with objections and pushback on price.   View Answer
    Base is set offer, very little room for negotiations. All opportunity for earnings is based on sales performance. Must hit quota and over achieve for bonus potential.