D&B

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Analyst Interview

Graduate Analyst
Melbourne

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in May 2011.

Interview Details Phone interview was easy, took about 10 mins. Asked very basic questions about the company, position and your interest in the position. Had the 1:1 interview about a week later, wasn't too bad, but I think I didn't show enough interest in the company and position.

Interview Question – what sort of paper work do you think you will be dealing with in our credit report business line?   View Answer

Predictive Modeler Interview

Predictive Modeler
Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details There was a brief phone interview that lasted about half an hour which was followed by an onsite interview with a few members of their team and then a one hour presentation.

Interview Question – Was asked more business-related questions than I was expecting when applying for a statistics job.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer
Sandyford (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details A technical interview with a chat about past works. Then some architecture questions on REST, SOAP, core Java. Everything normal and easy. An exercise on blackboard to reverse a String in Java.

Interview Question – I still don't know this one. Would you structure your application to take benefits when it is being deployed in Cloud rather than hardware?   View Answer

Risk Management Specialist Interview

Risk Management Specialist
Houston, TX (US)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at D&B in November 2011.

Interview Details The interviews took over 2 months and included an aptitude test, personality test and a mock sales presentation. I didn't get any indication where I ranked until the end of those two months. Overall it wasn't a bad experience for me.

Interview Question – How do you manage your weaknesses in tough situations with team members or clients?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Positive experience during negotiation phase

Corporate Communications Interview

Corporate Communications
Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in July 2012.

Interview Details Horrible recruiting process. Very little personal connection and the video interview was ridiculous. Pro forma, canned questions that did not allow for any variance from the script. HR rep was borderline rude.

Interview Question – None of the canned questions was difficult to answer, but the video interview was ludicrous. It did not allow for any interaction, which is crazy when it was for a Communications position.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager National Accounts Interview

Relationship Manager National Accounts
Allentown, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details Recruiter reached out to me based on an old resume for a position in a different location, after speaking realized I was a better fit for a different (more lucrative position).

Interview Question – Used STAR method for interviews   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was very young, and didn't try to negotiate as it was significantly more than I was making at the time.

Vice President Interview

Vice President
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in September 2011.

Interview Details Very positive and proactive approach. It was clear that D&B wanted to hire from the beginning

Interview Question – Do you believe you will fit into our culture, highly competitive and performance oriented   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate $10K increase in salary

Multi-Lingual Data Analyst Interview

Multi-Lingual Data Analyst
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at D&B in October 2010.

Interview Details Via an agency. Very good preparation by agency before the interviews with the company.
Friendly athmosphere, relaxed, straight forward. Mainly talking about stages of CV in detail.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, but they were checking enthusiasm for the company   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation about salary. Start date was flexible.

Relationship Manager National Accounts Interview

Relationship Manager National Accounts

Interviewed at D&B

Interview Details Overly involved process with 5 separate interviews. Included a presentation to a group of which only 2 of 5 scheduled attended. Weeks passed and I was advised waiting on final offer to be made. Long story short, instead of offer was advised that a direct contact of a senior manager was chosen at their insistence.

Interview Question – Going through numerous interviews with essentially the same individual.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details Initial phone interview with an internal recruiter, went well and basic sales questions. Recruiter moved me forward and was supportive throughout the process. Called back for interview in the office. Initial impression was good, seeing large open floor with casually dressed employees. Led to a room to meet with one of the Sales Managers. They gave a brief overview of the position, it was a little rushed. Then left me in the room with a phone for a mock call. Phone rings and I am instantly aking questions and trying to demonstrate knowledge of their preferred approach. Call goes through entire process (with a product overview for reference) and most importantly, asking for the sale and closing. Followed by high level feedback on my style, communication skills and approach. Told they would be in touch and received a call back within the week with a job offer.

Interview Question – Director of NCA conducted the mock call, the pressure was on immediately and they played a "pleasant but tough" customer, throwing a few curveballs with objections and pushback on price.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Base is set offer, very little room for negotiations. All opportunity for earnings is based on sales performance. Must hit quota and over achieve for bonus potential.

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!