D&B

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B in June 2013.

Interview Details Had an initial phone screen and was moved along in the process based on my background. Scheduled an in person interview with three senior managers in Short Hills, NJ.

The entire in person interview process was laborious and interviewers seemed totally indifferent and uninterested - almost as if they had already hired another individual and were just going through the motions. It was by far the worst interviewing experience of my career. I even probed the usual questions: what would be your best candidate, what personality types fit in, how do you know you've hired the right person, etc. Nothing - monotoned interviewers. I left knowing that I didn't get the position and was utterly relieved when I got the rejection notice the next day. C'mon team: let's be professional;

Interview Question – None were difficult - interviewers were clueless.   Answer Question

Sales (Austin, Texas) Interview

Sales (Austin, Texas)
Austin, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at D&B in April 2013.

Interview Details Hiring process intro: Phone Screening to come in
On-site Interview: Waiting room wait of 10 mins then two person interview at same time.

Companies really don't realize that having really unprofessional people interview really makes you have negative connotations about that company for a long time.

The woman who interviewed me made it clear within me interviewing for 2 minutes that my resume had "red flags" haha I graduated in 2009 when the recession hit and I have a BBA in Marketing .. . I assumed she had no idea what a recession is. I've had 100/dial phone jobs with great closing ability and I've set up appointments with some of the biggest companies in the world (none of which was ever brought up ie wells fargo,apple,harley davison,bank of the west,best buy C-Level executives etc etc). I ran through my resume continuing to prove to her every role and responsibility I had with respect to output and good effort. They made me do a phone interview in which I knew I did well but from the start of this woman's attitude I no longer felt good vibes. Finishing the interview only made me laugh more because it showed how unprofessional and completely judgmental they were without understanding the concept of recessions/newly grads/training/and over-all business in general... . the woman who scowled at my BBA degree in Business Marketing from a credited top-tier Business School had worn socks the whole time she was walking around the company floor. Goes to show how unprofessional D&B Austin,Texas office is. The woman told me I would hear back from someone and I never did in which I am so glad I never let any of those robots phase me (please apply if you are ok with that). Completely a waste of time & not to mention the low pay with respect to the Austin,Texas popular housing bubble would leave most with $300 'Discretionary Income'. It's obvious when companies get so big they can free-up hiring on people interviewing you in socks who probably have a general studies degree who frown on people with Business Degrees who actually study Business/Trends. Don't interview if you are a serious business professional who plans to do something great with your BBA Degree. Proceed with caution and never let people like that disrespect you regarding something you know you can do.

Senior Solutions Consultant Interview

Senior Solutions Consultant
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details Recruiter Interview; Phone Interview with Hiring Manager; 1:1 Interview with Hiring Manager and Presentation to Hiring Mgr three AVPs or VP in region.

Interview Question – Think solution based selling   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was better than I was making so no negotiation took place

Analyst Internship Interview

Analyst Internship

Interviewed at D&B

Interview Details Phone interview with typical screening questions.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at D&B in March 2013.

Interview Details I sent my resume and heard back for a phone interview. Next would be onsite interviews. The recruiter was really friendly but she didn't ask any questions it was just me talking about myself and filling time since she was vague about what she asked and then filled me in on the position details.

Interview Question – It was all behavioral basically just tell me about youself   Answer Question

New Account Acquisition Specialist Interview

New Account Acquisition Specialist

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details Phone interview, then 2 rounds of personal interviews, mirror an employee for 2 hours, then find out the are hiring about eveerryone

Interview Question – nothing all pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, just take it or leave it

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in August 2009.

Interview Details Written Test to test writing skills - A topic was provided to be prepared from home.
This was followed by F2F interview

Interview Question – Nothing specific   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation as I was at start of my career

Manager, Learning and Development Interview

Manager, Learning and Development
Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at D&B in February 2013.

Interview Details The Recruiter (Adecco) reached out to me via email. We had a brief phone conversation which lasted about 15 minutes. It was by far the shortest phone screen I've had, and the strangest. The Recruiter was very monotone and had no enthusiasm in her tone. She asked me one question "tell me about your work history"... and as I spoke, I did not hear a single peep from her. She did not ask any followup questions or show any auditory signs that she was even listening. I did stop to ask her if she had any questions and she would just say 'no.' I continued to speak until I had covered my entire resume. At that time, she abruptly ended the call and said she would be in touch next week. As a representative of D&B, I expected her to be much more upbeat, interesting and interested. I hung up the phone and felt I did NOT want to work there. She clearly was an unhappy and unmotivated person - regardless if she works for Adecco or D&B.

Two weeks later I received a canned email that they were pursuing candidates with more specific qualifications. That was fine by me!

Interview Question – She only asked 1 question, "tell me about your work history"...   Answer Question

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Executive Administrative Assistant
Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in November 2012.

Interview Details Dull, boring, like pulling teeth with the recruiter. One word answers, indifferent, couldn't be bothered attitude. Everything and everyone disturbed her.

Interview Question – Why are you in the job market when you already have a job. I responded to this prior.   View Answer

Debt Collection Interview

Debt Collection
Auckland (New Zealand)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B in February 2013.

Interview Details 1 got a call interview, asked few questions like " how much do u know about DNB and the position", got short listed, then gave a date for formal interview
 2 the interview was fun. Did self introduction, and did group marketing sort of actives with other candidates. Then went though call making exercise with other candidates. After that, got a writing assessment. Before we go, also got form of police check and credit check. Forgot mention, also got a one on one formal interview with one of the HR person. The whole process took 3hours.

Interview Question – Practise of call making was a bit unexpected, and but was lot of fun. I missed out some keep point that needed to be mention during the practise, but just hoping they will look away from it, and give me another chance to prove I have got what they want. Anyway, I have not hear from them so far.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I have not hear from them at this point, but I hope they will accept me. Basically, I am still waiting for the "call" from them, fingers cross.