State Street
2.8 of 5 1,011 reviews
www.statestreet.com Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

State Street Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview Question

"DId you ever have a challenge with any of your managers and what did you do about it?"
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview Review - one of 315 State Street Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 1
If you are ever asked the question, “have you ever had a challenging situation with a manager?” It is important not to give an example that makes you look like someone who fights and causes trouble within an organization.

In fact, if you are asked this question, “did you ever have difficulty with a manager or a challenge with a manager?” You can start your answer by saying, "I have never had a serious challenge with a manager”. With that being said, that is not a sufficient answer. So you do want to show that you do disagree at times with people, but you are able to find common grounds and are able to resolve issues peacefully. Something like, "There have been times where a manager and I have thought differently about a topic and we discuss it, and sometimes the manager sees my point of view, and sometimes I see theirs. But ultimately, we are able to come to a conclusion and resolve any sort of difference of a opinion quickly and smoothly.”

Just saying something like that will reassure the interviewer that you’re not someone who is going to cause problems at their organization.
- Questions on Jul 17, 2013 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

State Street – Why Work for Us?

At State Street, we know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company’s continued success. As a leading provider of financial services, with operations in 27 countries and more than… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Tags are like keywords, helping to categorise interview questions that have something in common.

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Street interview questions and advice. All interview reviews are posted anonymously by State Street employees and interview candidates.