Dairy Queen Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 18, 2014
67 interviews

1.8

General Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

no real interview process, they call you ask you a few questions and its a yes or no. very lacking of structure and policies. they really have no upper management that knows how to interview or train, just a guy who got promoted by lack of other options a long time ago.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2010.

I applied there for my first job while in highschool and the supervisor had a 5 minutes interview with me on the spot and hired me. They asked me very basic questions such as where do you see yourself in the future? What are your hobbies? What do you dislike? They will hire almost everyone that applies. Just look clean and tidy.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tomball, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tomball, TX (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

I applied in person on a Tuesday and they told me to come back Monday at 10 for an interview. The interview didn't even last 5 minutes and the manager got up to get me papers to fill out so I could start.
    When I finished a the papers, he looked them over to make sure I didn't miss anything and said he would call me to let me know when I start. I didn't hear anything for 2 weeks and then one of the other managers called me and asked me to come in the next day.
    I later found out that manager who had interviewed me, forgot to call me and the manager who finally called me had found my papers that were supposed to have been sent off and weren't.

Team Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

I was looking at job posting websites when I saw a job opening at Dairy Queen. I submitted an application online, and received a phone call the following Sunday to schedule an interview. I agreed to come in that same Sunday. I was interviewed by a manager who asked me basic questions (do you have a car, any experience, etc.)

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Dairy Queen in particular?   View Answer
    No negotiations- I would be paid minimum wage.

Front Line/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scarborough Township, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough Township, ON (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in August 2010.

The interview wasn't like a traditional interview. It was more of a casual conversation you have with someone. The questions that were asked weren't about the job they just want to know more about you. During the interview they told me what I would be doing and what the policies were for the store. I got hired on the spot.

Front Line/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Duncanville, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Duncanville, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2014.

I applied online a few days I called and spoke with the manager he said if I didn't have a position in a week to call him back. I called backed a interview was set up.

Head Cook Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Only one interview and simple questions such as "Do you have transportation?" and "Can you be reliable and able to work any shift?" questions like that. Very simple employment questions

Cashier/Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fayette, MO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Fayette, MO (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2014.

Interview was pretty easy. Questions included future goals, how to handle angry customer, a math question about giving someone change, and how teachers or friends would describe you. The manager was nice enough and it only lasted about 10 minutes or less. I have a second interview scheduled for next week.

Interview Questions
    • What area of yourself could use improvement?   View Answer

Team Member Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

I was phoned for an interview. It only took one interview, and the interviewer said this would probably be the easiest interview I would ever do. There weren't any difficult questions to answer, just the basic ones like, why do you want to work here, etc.

Manager Interview

Be capable of taking care of customer satisfaction as well as the crew

Interview Questions
    • When are you available. Be prepared to be available always.   Answer Question

Worked for Dairy Queen? Contribute to the Community!