DeVry University Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct 2014
Updated 28 Oct 2014

2.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

The position in it self seemed pretty average, was interviewed by at least 3 people all seemed to ask the same questions just a bit different. Mostly talked about their roles and what they expected of the assistant. Once interview was over I was given an online assessment on basic questions such as If I had ever stolen from an employer, if I would ever tell on someone that was stealing and things of that nature. I remember there being a small math portion but nothing a calculator could not help out with.

Interview Questions
    • How would I communicate with a team member and what outlets would I use to do so.   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at DeVry University.

Submitted resume to a recruiter, and was sent an e-mail to complete two assessments - one was a quantitative reasoning assessment, and the the other was a "judgment" assessment. I was informed by the recruiter on the same day that I completed the assessments that, while I did extremely well on the quantitative reasoning assessment, I did not meet requirements on the "judgment" assessment, and I was given best wishes in my job search. I wasn't even told WHY or HOW I didn't meet requirements. I assume that one has to have a certain type of temperament or belief system to even be called in for an interview, and I suppose that mine just didn't fit, which is a shame, as I enjoy helping people and I have loads of experience in proprietary education.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't even get to the in-person interview step, so I don't have any questions to post.   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University.

Had 3 phone interviews and they required a philosophy of teaching and a vision and values statement. They pay $1500 a course and only pay when the course is over. They wasted my time because the first two interviews said nothing about me having never taught online being problematic. The final interview was courteous, but once she learned that i never taught on line she finished the interview quickly. I hate companies that waste my valuable time.

Visiting Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Brunswick, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DeVry University.

I was first interviewed for the position of a tutor. After working as a tutor for two weeks, my manager forwarded my resume to the Chair of the developmental English department. I was then interviewed by her.

Interview Questions
    The offer was good and I accepted it.

Operations Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DeVry University in May 2014.

I applied online. I got a call back from HR in IL a few days later. She wanted to set up a phone interview. I think I had to wait about a week until the phone interview. It was supposed to take about an hour and a half, but I think it took 20 min. Really easy questions: Do you like people, describe a situation where you had to choose who to help first, student or boss, stuff like that. I was just friendly and she immediately wanted to set me up for an in person interview. I found out later she interviews a bunch of people and then picks the top three to send in. She sent me an online assessment to do. It was dull. I had to wait over two weeks until someone was ready to interview me in person. She showed me around the area and everyone was really friendly. Some questions had to do with the situation they find themselves in right now; lay-offs, change of culture, etc. So she asked how I react to new co-workers/co-workers leaving, how I respond to students questions that seem stupid, etc. It's been a week now and I haven't hears back. I know I did well on the interview, but it's killing to not hear anything.
    tl;dr simple questions, nice atmosphere. Be nice and help students above all else.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when you've finished your work but still have to be on the clock?   View Answer

Student Support Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DeVry University.

Applied online; received a call for a panel interview a couple of weeks later; received a call back for the position after a couple of months.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The panel was professional, however I felt comfortable speaking with them.   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor I Interview

Phone interview, followed by a face to face interview with 2 or more people.

Interview Questions
    • giving equal attention to both interviews and answering both the questions.   Answer Question

Operations Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University.

Telephone and 2 in person (One panel of 5 and one on one interview)

Very easy. I had did my research so I knew what the hiring range would be.

Academic Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University.

Initial phone interview with general background questions.
    Online assessment with behavioral questions.
    Two in person interviews at the location that focused on situational questions

After I completed this process they decided there was no longer a need to fill the position. Everyone was very friendly throughout the process and I had a positive impression of those I encountered.

Executive Admissions Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DeVry University.

In my opinion, they have a very professional pre-screening process. There was terrific follow-up from the staff at headquarters. The on-site interviewer, himself, who has apparently enjoyed great success at the institution, appeared uninterested in me as a candidate for the job, basically minimizing my credentials and past performance at a similar institution. I was very disappointed with the way the interview went, but still hoped that things would work out somehow, as the staff at headquarters treated me very well.

Interview Questions
    • The apparently indifferent attitude of the interviewer towards my answers.   Answer Question